Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 12:45 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
beautiful full bodied woman blond with laughing dancing eyes
much younger looking than actual age
seeks young dynamic professional for fine dining and travel and later possibly romance
must be over 6 ft tall, athletic and have full head of hair, and financially secure
no baggage

I love walking on beach holding hands and sitting on couch watching movies
spiritual but not religious
honesty a must
no games

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 01:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Haha, which celebrity? I'm guessing Angelina Jolie, cause of the lip comments?

And that's an awesome first message, went on a first date last night with someone and he told me he was a bit weirded out by me as well (but he was laughing when he said and I think he meant it in a good way lol).
How in the world do you be cranking out all these dates? I swear you have met like 6 different guys in 30 days. I got so bored meeting that many people while dating. That's how I ended up latching on to a FWB and giving the dating thing a rest during periods of dating, but not really getting to know anyone.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:23 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times
The craziest ones are the guys that get all butthurt because me not being interested in them. It's been awhile since being on one.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
The craziest ones are the guys that get all butthurt because me not being interested in them. It's been awhile since being on one.
This is partly why I quit online dating. The irony is these guys weren't what I desired yet complained because I told them off the bat I'd never be interested.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:01 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This is partly why I quit online dating. The irony is these guys weren't what I desired yet complained because I told them off the bat I'd never be interested.
It has been my observation that while men will have differing opinions on how a woman should do it when they turn down an approach by a guy, ultimately they want what they want and a "no" answer is not really appreciated.

Though I guess I've been lucky because I haven't had any men get really nasty with me about it.

The worst I've had is sheer persistence. These fellas seem to think that no matter how many times I say, "thanks no thanks" they can change my mind if they just keep me talking.

Had one the other night, I couldn't even bring myself to be snarky or ridiculous with him. I honestly felt sorry for him, and I'm not even sure why. It's not like he was unusual in that he was a lonely soul looking for love. But I'm very definitely NOT seeking a serious relationship, especially a monogamous one with a jealous, possessive man. And he clearly stated in his profile that he was looking for a faithful, monogamous, long term relationship. Fall in love, move in, play house and have my babies kind of guy. NOPE. I told him what I'm getting into, to try and reinforce the point that I'm not that kind of girl at this stage of my life, been there done that--over it! And he said, "Well before you get all into that crazy stuff, I want to ask you to get to know me and give me a chance." Dude. What part of NOT HAVING IT do you not get? I finally told him that I wish him the best in his quest for love, but it ain't gonna be with me, and honesty is better than BS here, so go bark up some other chick's tree...

But it's becoming clear to me from some of the guys I HAVE talked to that most women just don't even respond at all...that's probably why any communication is considered encouragement by many of the guys.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It has been my observation that while men will have differing opinions on how a woman should do it when they turn down an approach by a guy, ultimately they want what they want and a "no" answer is not really appreciated.

Though I guess I've been lucky because I haven't had any men get really nasty with me about it.

The worst I've had is sheer persistence. These fellas seem to think that no matter how many times I say, "thanks no thanks" they can change my mind if they just keep me talking.

Had one the other night, I couldn't even bring myself to be snarky or ridiculous with him. I honestly felt sorry for him, and I'm not even sure why. It's not like he was unusual in that he was a lonely soul looking for love. But I'm very definitely NOT seeking a serious relationship, especially a monogamous one with a jealous, possessive man. And he clearly stated in his profile that he was looking for a faithful, monogamous, long term relationship. Fall in love, move in, play house and have my babies kind of guy. NOPE. I told him what I'm getting into, to try and reinforce the point that I'm not that kind of girl at this stage of my life, been there done that--over it! And he said, "Well before you get all into that crazy stuff, I want to ask you to get to know me and give me a chance." Dude. What part of NOT HAVING IT do you not get? I finally told him that I wish him the best in his quest for love, but it ain't gonna be with me, and honesty is better than BS here, so go bark up some other chick's tree...

But it's becoming clear to me from some of the guys I HAVE talked to that most women just don't even respond at all...that's probably why any communication is considered encouragement by many of the guys.
I think that is why so many women complain because they don't get it. I had one guy who had kids and kept trying to persuade me. He'd say let's meet as friends or something like that and I'd say no, because it'll never be more than that. Then he'd tell me he'd like to send me email. Then he tried seeing if we could talk via the email. Another guy told me he'd be found waiting for me to change my mind (because apparently women change their mind). I told him not changing and he pulled the old "you'll change your mind because you're alone". The time they spend trying to convince me could be spent wooing a woman that wants them.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:56 PM

269 posts, read 370,921 times
I've just been on OLD for a few days so far. The strangest message I've received so far is:

'Will you be my life partner?'

That was it. It was from someone in another country as well. I didn't respond. I wonder what he would have done if I'd said yes though.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:18 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I think that is why so many women complain because they don't get it. I had one guy who had kids and kept trying to persuade me. He'd say let's meet as friends or something like that and I'd say no, because it'll never be more than that. Then he'd tell me he'd like to send me email. Then he tried seeing if we could talk via the email. Another guy told me he'd be found waiting for me to change my mind (because apparently women change their mind). I told him not changing and he pulled the old "you'll change your mind because you're alone". The time they spend trying to convince me could be spent wooing a woman that wants them.

"You'll change your mind because you're alone."

BAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...heh...

If a female is alone, it's because she's chosen to be, thus far, not because no one is showing an interest.

It's gotten so I feel like I'm being circled by sharks or something...

But I am going out to see someone for the second time here tonight for an evening of stimulating conversation over Mexican food. Mmm...fried ice cream...

Old 06-14-2015, 08:33 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
I went out with a guy for drinks and it was very platonic - we had met in real life for our jobs, and we were just getting to know each other. He knew my background with my divorce and having a child .. and he told me straight faced, all serious: if I ever had a kid, and the mom and I didn't work out, I would have to kill all of us. Separating just wouldn't be an option. We'd all have to die.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
"You'll change your mind because you're alone."

BAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...heh...

If a female is alone, it's because she's chosen to be, thus far, not because no one is showing an interest.

It's gotten so I feel like I'm being circled by sharks or something...

But I am going out to see someone for the second time here tonight for an evening of stimulating conversation over Mexican food. Mmm...fried ice cream...
I don't know why guys pull that, like being alone is worse than being with someone who is not right for them. I think people need to be confident and never settle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships