Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 04:18 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,321,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
We got into that conversation only after I found out he didn't have any condoms.

And what kind of abortion can you get for less than $800? I hope you're not talking about Plan B because it's too late for that.
That is such a huge red flag. I'm trying to be gentle but you made a really bad decision.

When you're with a partner and ready to have sex and all the emotions and feelings are going, and then you find out their's no condom, don't ever trust what the other person says.

If you choose to have sex protection is your own personal responsibility, just as it is for the man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 04:20 PM

11 posts, read 15,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
How much do you think a baby costs? Seriously. You need to get your head screwed on straight. Having a baby is not a cheaper alternative to having an abortion.
Yeah but, there are many options when you just have the baby. If I cannot take care of it, I can give it up for adoption for free. And there are government assistance programs like food stamps that help low-income single mothers (I'm just having trouble finding one that provides shelter specifically). An abortion seems like the only thing that would cost me so much directly and at once.

But IDK, I'll try to work out a deal with planned parenthood or a free clinic or something.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,613,835 times
Quote:
And there are government assistance programs like food stamps that help low-income single mothers (I'm just having trouble finding one that provides shelter specifically).
You have a LOT of things to think about before then. You are in NO WAY ready to be a parent. You can't even be honest with your parents.

If you're going to have sex with random guys, get on the pill.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,081,248 times
Quote:
Yeah but, there are many options when you just have the baby. If I cannot take care of it, I can give it up for adoption for free. And there are government assistance programs like food stamps that help low-income single mothers (I'm just having trouble finding one that provides shelter specifically). An abortion seems like the only thing that would cost me so much directly and at once.

But IDK, I'll try to work out a deal with planned parenthood or a free clinic or something.
Once again - please get your head screwed on straight.

I'm all for adoption - but if you don't have good health insurance - how do you think you are going to afford all your doctor's visits? If you choose to give up the baby for adoption - look into that as soon as possible. It's possible that you can get your medical expenses covered - but you would have to look into that yourself.

And if you decide to keep the child - how are you going to work and raise the child? Who is going to watch the child when you are in school or at work? Yeah - great, food stamps. How are you going to pay for a car seat, a crib, diapers, bottles, clothes, burp cloths, etc.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:35 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,756,621 times
Here is my reply to this post...

When I was 24, I met a guy at work. Our conversations were simple...

How was your weekend
How are you?
How was your day?
And so on

Then things changed...

He told me the following...

A girl he had sex with claimed that he was the father of her kid, but there was a problem. According to him, he ended up in a fight with the boyfriend of a girl whom he liked in high-school. He ended up having to go to the hospital, and his doctor told him that he was impotent at that point.

He asked me out on a date several weeks later. He wanted me to come over to his place after I got off work, which was at 10:30 p.m., because according to him, he cooked very well. I knew exactly what he wanted. We never went out.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:38 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,861,580 times
Op please if you are pregnant consider abortion or adoption. Taxpayers really hate supporting people who choose to make poor decisions. I doubt this guy will be involved. I hope you are just late.

Regarding adoption if you choose that adoption agencies will usually pay for everything, including shelter.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding me? At most you'll get $250 in food stamps, less if you're working, WIC doesn't provide a lot and is more for the child than the mother. These are the 2 "easy" government assistance programs.

If you need housing, you're in trouble, it can take years to get on section 8.

It's so irresponsible to have a kid and your grand plan for affording it is relying on government assistance. Which I PROMISE you will never be enough support.

If you're scared to tell your parents, you'll have to tell them eventually if you keep the pregnancy. Considering that I'd tell them what's going on and see if they can help get the money together for an abortion.

However, none of this matters if you aren't pregnant. Stop googling how to afford a pregnancy that might not exist, get off your butt and go buy some pregnancy tests.

As a woman I can't even comprehend how you can be so late and not taken a test yet.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,301,023 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how accurate they are. A false positive or false negative would really mess things up! So I'm just letting the doctor do it.
A bit about home pregnancy tests...positives are typically accurate...home pregnancy tests are designed to detect the hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in the urine. This hormone is made by the placenta after conception has occurred, and is a hormone responsible for maintaining a pregnancy. There are instances where a tumor may cause increases in hCG, but in ordinary circumstanes, if hGC is in your pee, you are pregnant. The hormone wouldn't be there otherwise.

Negatives, on the other hand, can be false IF the test is taken early on, before there is a high concentration of hCG present in your urine. You may still be pregnant, but in early stages and not yet producing enough hCG to show up on a home test. That said, home tests have been engineered with increasing sensitivity, and some will detect even slight traces just a few weeks into a pregnancy. My own pregnancy showed up on a home test about 13 days after conception (ClearBlue Digital, two-pack for under $20 at CVS, if anybody's interested in an early response test). While negatives may not be reliable, positives usually are. False positives are quite rare indeed. If you get a negative, be skeptical and retest. Retest if you get a positive, but odds are, if it's positive, you are indeed pregnant.

Current tests are VERY accurate. There is no reason not to do one.

All that said, if your appt. is in two days, you might as well go with that. In the event you are pregnant, you'd need to follow up with a doctor, anyway.

I'm operating under the assumption that this is a legit post, vs. a troll post.

The first thing you need to wrap your head around is that if you are pregnant, you are looking at financial outlay, no matter what route you end up taking. There ARE no inexpensive choices, here. None. Banish the thought from your mind, because it's the truth. Any method of terminating the pregnancy is going to be somewhat costly to very costly, depending on what route you go and if there are any complications or extenuating circumstances, and the cost of medical procedures alone if you don't terminate the pregnancy are obviously extremely high, depending on what insurance (your parents'?) covers. That's not even getting into the general cost of having a child. Saving money isn't in the equation, here. If you're pregnant, get ready to figure out some financials, really quickly. I agree that if you can't afford to terminate, no way can you afford a child. Repeat: NO WAY can you afford a child.

At the risk of being lecture-y after the fact on basic, common sense stuff, this is one major reason WHY you don't have unprotected sex with people you wouldn't be okay with having a child with, and don't do it, period, if you're not prepared for the possibility of a pregnancy. There is no route you can take, now, if you are pregnant, that will not come at significant personal cost, monetary and likely otherwise.

Also, if you are on a parent's insurance, it's highly likely that any procedure that is covered will be itemized and accessible to her. And you seem to have a very naive view of how social programs will pick up the tab if you decide to give birth and raise a child. I repeat: If you are pregnant, you have no inexpensive options, from here on out. Everything comes at a price.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:06 PM

I'm saying this as a general tip for anyone reading this, if you do have unprotected sex for whatever reason, regardless of what the guy told you about his fertility. Take the morning after pill, it's about $60 over the counter at a pharmacy and BY FAR the least expensive option compared to just hoping you were "safe enough" .

If you can't even afford the morning after pill, you need to reconsider the whole unprotected sex thing.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,613,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I'm saying this as a general tip for anyone reading this, if you do have unprotected sex for whatever reason, regardless of what the guy told you about his fertility. Take the morning after pill, it's about $60 over the counter at a pharmacy and BY FAR the least expensive option compared to just hoping you were "safe enough" .

If you can't even afford the morning after pill, you need to reconsider the whole unprotected sex thing.
It's a "morning after pill," not a "month after pill."

It's only good up to about 3 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships