Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 02:57 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,181 times

Advertisements

As a woman who has had late periods, I got to the store asap. I don't understand how someone can just sit around not knowing if they are pregnant or not. The anxiety would eat away at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 03:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
As a woman who has had late periods, I got to the store asap. I don't understand how someone can just sit around not knowing if they are pregnant or not. The anxiety would eat away at me.
I can't even tell you how many pregnancy tests I've taken! Fortunately, the only ones that were positive were the ones that we were hoping were positive!

Oh - and I've always used some form of birth control - I'm just a paranoid person!

Old 06-07-2015, 03:06 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I can't even tell you how many pregnancy tests I've taken! Fortunately, the only ones that were positive were the ones that we were hoping were positive!

Oh - and I've always used some form of birth control - I'm just a paranoid person!
Ha! Thankfully all of mine were negative! I'm super paranoid too and when I was on the pill I'd still get apprehensive waiting for my period.

I know things happen and people get caught up in the moment but a condom really isn't that difficult to carry around if you think you might have sex.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Ha! Thankfully all of mine were negative! I'm super paranoid too and when I was on the pill I'd still get apprehensive waiting for my period.
Me, too! And before I was on the pill, I was just really irregular. We always used condoms but I was still nervous!

Quote:
I know things happen and people get caught up in the moment but a condom really isn't that difficult to carry around if you think you might have sex.
To be honest, I've never been so caught up in the moment that I didn't use a condom if I wasn't on the pill. I love sex but I didn't want to get pregnant or catch something. A few minutes of passion isn't worth all the trouble that it can cause.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
If you are pregnant, consider giving the child up for adoption. You don't sound ready or willing to accept adult responsibilities, like raising a child.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
Darn it, my mom won't take me to the drugstore to get the pregnancy test today. I might as well just wait 'til tomorrow and go to the doctor.

Anyway, I find it hilarious all the unnecessary shaming that went on in this thread, looking back. All the "it's ALL YOUR fault", the needing to remind me that it's "all my fault" for some reason, and making the guy seem blameless. If he hadn't lied, this wouldn't have happened. Being that it takes two, it is in fact at least 50% his fault, if not more for LYING. Why is it always the woman's fault when something like this happens...even if she was LIED TO?

You people may like to make jabs at MY intelligence, but at the end of the day, YOU are the ones being callous, rude, and uncivil.

Yeah, the guy is a faultless angel in this. /sarcasm.

I don't care if you a-holes think he's this perfect angel, if he did in fact lie, I don't care if I have to work for months to hire a darn private investigator, I'm tracking him down and suing for all the child support I can possibly get out of him if I end up not being able to afford an abortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Guess what?

You can't even manage to get yourself to the store to buy a pregnancy test. You definitely should not be breeding.

No one said he's a perfect angel, and we aren't shaming you. You're getting some straight talk. You made some stupid decisions, and you're still making stupid decisions.

If you want to be a grown-up, walk in right now and tell your mom you think you're pregnant and you need to get a test. And stay away from men if you aren't going to be smarter about it.
wm is right OP. no one is saying this guy is blameless, but rather that you ARE EQUALLY to blame. remember you bought into his lies.

as to not being able to get to a drug store to get a pregnancy test, aww poor baby you mommy wont take you. why not get a friend to take you, or ride a bus, or walk to the store. i mean how do you get around your town when mommy isnt there?

as to hiring a PI to find this guy, if you cant afford an abortion, you certainly cant afford to hire a PI to find this guy. you are going to be spending thousands of dollars hiring the guy and paying travel expenses, a daily rate, etc. and its not even a guarantee that the PI will find the guy.

and if he does, chances are you are going to have to then file suit against the guy, and send another person out to serve the papers, and that is going to cost plenty of money, and that assumes that the guy decides to stay in one place to be served. chances are he splits the minute he gets wind that you are looking for him. so that is more money wasted. and even if you get him to court, and even if you win the case, you may not get much in the way of support from him, if he has no job. cant get blood out of a turnip you know.

so here is more advice for you;

pony up the money for an abortion(as much as i hate them), or give the child up for adoption and consider this a life lesson. people are going to lie to you and there really isnt much you can do about it.

also grow up and take responsibility for your life and your actions. if a guy wants to have sex with you, then tell him no glove, no love and stick to it. dont buy the lines, but i have a low sperm count, or i had a vasectomy last year, or what ever else the guy will use to get sex from you.

when you buy into the lie, you accept the responsibility for your actions, including the fact that you can get pregnant unless you have actual test data from YOUR OWN doctor that says the guy is sterile.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:10 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,291,843 times
Quote:
So next time you have a new idea. Just start a thread on an Internet forum to speculate with complete strangers about the sequelae of unconfirmed/probably nonexistent scenarios.

I had several late periods. I didn't bother mentioning it to anyone until after I had taken pregnancy tests, let alone catastrophize the whole thing in my mind.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:49 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wm is right OP. no one is saying this guy is blameless, but rather that you ARE EQUALLY to blame. remember you bought into his lies.

as to not being able to get to a drug store to get a pregnancy test, aww poor baby you mommy wont take you. why not get a friend to take you, or ride a bus, or walk to the store. i mean how do you get around your town when mommy isnt there?

as to hiring a PI to find this guy, if you cant afford an abortion, you certainly cant afford to hire a PI to find this guy. you are going to be spending thousands of dollars hiring the guy and paying travel expenses, a daily rate, etc. and its not even a guarantee that the PI will find the guy.

and if he does, chances are you are going to have to then file suit against the guy, and send another person out to serve the papers, and that is going to cost plenty of money, and that assumes that the guy decides to stay in one place to be served. chances are he splits the minute he gets wind that you are looking for him. so that is more money wasted. and even if you get him to court, and even if you win the case, you may not get much in the way of support from him, if he has no job. cant get blood out of a turnip you know.

so here is more advice for you;

pony up the money for an abortion(as much as i hate them), or give the child up for adoption and consider this a life lesson. people are going to lie to you and there really isnt much you can do about it.

also grow up and take responsibility for your life and your actions. if a guy wants to have sex with you, then tell him no glove, no love and stick to it. dont buy the lines, but i have a low sperm count, or i had a vasectomy last year, or what ever else the guy will use to get sex from you.

when you buy into the lie, you accept the responsibility for your actions, including the fact that you can get pregnant unless you have actual test data from YOUR OWN doctor that says the guy is sterile.
Child support agencies have resources to find him. She probably (I hope) knows his name and the county where he resides. And once they do find him and paternity is established a court order for child support will be issued automatically. No need to hire a PI or spend money on attorneys.

Not that I'm encouraging this course, but if she does decide to have the baby, she should absolutely seek child support from the father.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:57 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Child support agencies have resources to find him. She probably (I hope) knows his name and the county where he resides. And once they do find him and paternity is established a court order for child support will be issued automatically. No need to hire a PI or spend money on attorneys.

Not that I'm encouraging this course, but if she does decide to have the baby, she should absolutely seek child support from the father.
that would be nice, except that if he lied to her about being nearly sterile, he probably lied to her about his name, and where he was moving to. which means even the government is going to have a hard time finding this guy, if they can at all. chances are that the guy will never be found.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:40 AM

745 posts, read 801,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
If he lied to me, and I end up having a baby, then I'm suing for child support. Because it's cruel to lie to someone about something that serious.
This can't be real, get an abortion...

Again, this can't be real, can it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships