Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 03:52 PM

17 posts, read 13,438 times

Advertisements

This member of the gym where I work acts like he likes me. He flirts with me, opens up to me, stares at me always seeks me out & asks the front desk girls for me. I was in my office one time On the phone & didn't see him but everyone saw him trying to get my attention by jumping up and down, kicking his leg waving him arms ect. I told him one time that I love chocolate and since then he's surprised me with chocolate 3 times now, once was chocolate from another country when he was on a trip. Couple of weeks ago he asked the front desk girl to get me and from there he got his friend to ask tons of questions about me and was talking this guy up. I even asked the friend how he was and he just said "fine but John over here is the interesting one" it felt like a wingman deal. Everyone thinks he likes me & says he looks at me differently. He gets in my space, comes up to me, winks, touches the small of my back ect. He's always excited to see me. He ONLY behaves that way with me & the other front desk girls are 100% convinced he likes me.

He's single btw. My friend who works at the gym told him me & her want to celebrate his birthday with him by grabbing drinks. He loved this idea but wants to do more than drinks his idea is to take us out for a really nice dinner & he wants to wear a suit bc he told my friend that he looks good in one. He knows an expensive place he can get us into. So he came up to me a couple times asking when are we hanging out? We decide on last Saturday &
the days leading up to that he was super flirting he would show me pics with kids and cute animals. He said he's great with kids and they love him & How he'll make a good father. Halfway through the week he had to schedule back surgery and we had to cancel the dinner he was planning.

He was out of the gym for two weeks & he came back yesterday. He came up to us saying "So my doctor said I can't come to the gym for 3weeks but I told her there are these girls at the gym who probablt really miss me and I have to see them lol" we joked around after that. Then he worked out. Right before he left he came up to me and said "So how was it here without me, did ya miss me was the vibe different, it was boring wasn't it? HE was babbling. I joked and said yes it was boring it sucked and i think you should come everyday and we laughed and he got really excited and started being funny and showing off and being cutesy. His friend comes over and we all start talking and laughing then his friend says something about Seinfeld and how he thought about setting him up with a girl like Elaine and how disastrous that would be lol. The guy I liked then said no I'm so done with all the women here. I'm going to have to go to a third world country and save a girl in need if I want a wife" I said "I'm sure you can find someone here" he said "no Im done with all women in NYC they suck and don't want me" I said "all women" he said yes they're all crazy here and then he looked at me and said sorry but they are and then elevator came and they left. HUH?! He's done? With me too? What was all that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 04:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Either he's really bad at flirting or he's an a-hole.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:34 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Whatever his 'health issue' was, he thinks it would be a deal breaker, so he's breaking the deal preemptively. You should probably trust him on this.

If he comes back and is friendly, you might be able to find out what is going on with him and be a friend to him. But I doubt he'll change his mind.

However, I will say...you sound like you are interested in the fact that he is interested in you, but you don't seem very interested in him.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:21 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
He wants to know whether you like him.

Its not rocket science here. He feels that all the attention hes giving you hasnt paid off because youre not showing that you like him too. He even said "these women arent into me" meaning he opened the door for you to say whether YOU like him.

Its time to say how much you appreciate his gifts and say youd love to go out sometime if he wants, and give him your number.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:44 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Sounds like a bitter loser. He can't get any women, so women all suck. You're a woman, so he's going to be nasty to you as revenge and now you're supposed to sit there with a tear in your beer over losing the opportunity to be subjected to his whiny-ass presence. You dodged a bullet. Forget that idiot. He's a child.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:46 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Sounds like a bitter loser. He can't get any women, so women all suck. What a whiny child.
Yeah. If I heard a guy say that it would be an instant turn-off.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-06-2015, 07:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
I think he was joking. If you want him, just give him some subtle encouragement. If you do, my bet would be on you two getting together pretty soon.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
If you want to go out with this guy just ask him out and quit playing the stupid little games.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:27 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Establisher View Post
He definitely didn't say anything to elicit this kind of response.

You sound very angry.

Projecting much?

No, new member.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
What is with you people and playing games? If you like someone, ask them out! Leave the game for the children!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships