Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 08:14 PM

7 posts, read 49,064 times

Advertisements

Not a good sign.....Sounds like she is not genuine....Do not think about her anymore....Remember, there are a lot of women out there...Join a church or a gym or something, and meet someone in person. Then ask her if she would like to get a coffee with you at Starbucks. Then talk with her and get to know her a little. It's a start!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 10:55 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,420 times
This has catfish written all over it. HOW can you not SEE that?

Old 06-06-2015, 11:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Online dating is much easier than this.

You're definitely doing it wrong.
Here here, I mean I still have burgler's weiner pic.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:58 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
To the OP, please do yourself a favor & listen to the advice on here. Forget this "person" & move on with your life (I use the word person because I'm not sure they're a woman). Their behavior is extremely suspicious.

Going along with this, think about it logically: If you did hit it off so well, wouldn't she want to meet you to see that you really connect in person - as well as on the phone/e-mail?!

Also, something to think about - what did this person's voice sound like on the phone? Did "she" sound female?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:44 AM

209 posts, read 304,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's SORT OF an emotional connection. What it does is it shows the depth of emotion that YOU are willing to invest in a relationship. Unfortunately, this is not a real relationship.

I'm sorry she has been so flaky and you probably have wasted all this time. I seriously would get involved in some hobbies, classes and groups that you enjoy so you can expand your real-life social circle.
I'll try my best. I just don't know if I will meet someone that I like as much as her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
This is a whole lot of drama for someone you've never met in person. I understand you've invested a year into this, but frankly that's too long and it's strange. If you have that much of an emotional connection with someone you'd want to meet them in real life and they'd want to meet you. The two of you would make it happen, not keep making excuses. Something is just not right here. Move on and find a girl to date. An internet only relationship is not a good idea.
Yeah, I can see your point there. It's just that I obviously felt strongly about her if I avoided women who were into me at my old job. I just feel like it would all be a waste if I just gave up all hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara ann cook View Post
Not a good sign.....Sounds like she is not genuine....Do not think about her anymore....Remember, there are a lot of women out there...Join a church or a gym or something, and meet someone in person. Then ask her if she would like to get a coffee with you at Starbucks. Then talk with her and get to know her a little. It's a start!
That could work...I do go to the gym and could probably approach certain women there if I took it seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
This has catfish written all over it. HOW can you not SEE that?
I guess because I knew her so well. And like I said, I have traced the name (which has an obscure spelling) to various online accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
To the OP, please do yourself a favor & listen to the advice on here. Forget this "person" & move on with your life (I use the word person because I'm not sure they're a woman). Their behavior is extremely suspicious.

Going along with this, think about it logically: If you did hit it off so well, wouldn't she want to meet you to see that you really connect in person - as well as on the phone/e-mail?!

Also, something to think about - what did this person's voice sound like on the phone? Did "she" sound female?
She wouldn't want to meet me because her prior experiences with guys from online were negative. Also because for awhile, she was suspicious that I was talking to other women and trying to be a player.

When we spoke on the phone, she sounded very much like a female. That's why I don't see how she could possibly not be. She claimed to be Colombian, and then when we spoke on the phone her voice sounded very similar to Sofia Vergara. Textbook Colombian accent. So it all added up.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:18 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Dear God people. You think this thread is for real? I like the occasional troll thread as much as the next guy but criminy, 15 paragraphs? I didn't read past the 3rd.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Here here, I mean I still have burgler's weiner pic.
Still waiting for your pics

Old 06-07-2015, 05:52 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by video646 View Post

She wouldn't want to meet me because her prior experiences with guys from online were negative. Also because for awhile, she was suspicious that I was talking to other women and trying to be a player.

When we spoke on the phone, she sounded very much like a female. That's why I don't see how she could possibly not be. She claimed to be Colombian, and then when we spoke on the phone her voice sounded very similar to Sofia Vergara. Textbook Colombian accent. So it all added up.
A good lie will always make a little bit of sense. But there is NO LOGICAL REASON she would not want to meet you, someone she supposedly cares SO much about.

Whatever. She probably is female, but I would bet a large sum she does not look like her photos.

There are 300+ million people in the US. You have a good shot at meeting someone else.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:00 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by video646 View Post
This is going to be a bit of a roller coaster of a post, so please bear with me.

I'm a guy who recently turned 24 and has almost no experience with women whatsoever. I have never had a girlfriend and am still a virgin. While these are things that embarrass me, the fact is that no one knows or really suspects it. I'm a good-looking guy according to most people and would be considered cool/desirable by a number of women. It just never happened for me. Last year, when I was still 22, I really started to try hard with online dating. I went on one real-life date that went extremely well, but the girl lived with conservative parents who wouldn't allow her to see me again (she was 20).

At the end of March 2014, I began talking to a girl on OkCupid named Brihanna who I really liked. I didn't at all expect her to reply to me...she was 26, beautiful and lived on her own. She was one of those profiles that replied "very selectively." Yet her and I ended up messaging back and forth all week, getting to know each other. The first Thursday of April, I got her phone number and planned to meet up with her on Friday evening. To make a long story short, she stood me up that night. I walked home that night figuring I would never hear from her again, but she called me when I was walking home. She told me she was "shy" and that's why she didn't show up. She apologized several times and I forgave her.

We continued texting and calling each other over the next few weeks, gradually escalating in how romantic we were. There were a few times she got upset with me, but we talked it out and moved past it. Eventually, we got to the point where we were upfront about really liking each other, we sexted once and it was perhaps the happiest few weeks of my life in many ways. We were always sending good morning and good night texts and everything was going great. Around this time, I had been meaning to delete my OK Cupid profile. Partly because I was serious about Brihanna, and partly because I couldn't mentally handle the idea of trying to find a better girl on that site. I had continued to message girls simply because she was still very active on the site and friends urged me that she might not be as serious as she was letting on. Eventually though, I stopped logging in. Unfortunately, I would often tap the app on my phone screen by accident and this was counted as a login. I never got around to deleting the profile.

One night she discovered this while we were talking on the phone and IMMEDIATELY blew up on me. She cussed me out, called me a ***** and accused me of talking to other women. She told me to **** off and hung up on me. She told me she couldn't do this with me anymore. I was crying and pleading my case but she didn't believe me. One of the worst nights of my life, without a doubt.

We ended up talking that next week, but it wasn't the same. She was very flat and distant despite the fact that we both agreed to delete our profiles. That weekend, she told me that I ****ed up and she didn't want to talk to me anymore. I wished her well and figured I would never hear from her again.

A little over a week later, she texted me. We began talking again and agreed that we both had missed each other a lot. One night I walked to her house but she wouldn't come outside to see me. By the time July rolled around, she became really romantic with me again. This would continue off-and-on for the next few months. One night in November, she seemed legitimately ready to meet me, but I became very sick that day. I felt like a dumbass knowing I blew that opportunity.

In December, I realized that she had never actually deleted her Ok Cupid profile. That irked me a bit. But I continued talking to her. She was flirty with me but often seemed to dodge my suggestions for us to meet up. In January, she explained to me that she had met up with two other guys from online and they were both *******s, so that made her hesitant. Throughout these months I avoided other women who were interested in me.

A couple of months ago, I noticed that she deleted her Ok Cupid profile. Around this same time, she was super distant from me and was barely replying to my texts whatsoever. I put two and two together than she probably had a boyfriend now. One night, she texted me that she was doing badly, but wouldn't tell me why. I asked her if it was because of a guy. She said no. I said I would fight a guy for her and she seemed intrigued by the idea, but then said there was no one. She then told me she wanted to be my girlfriend. I couldn't have been any happier.

She became a tad distant after that and returned to the dating site again. I became injured a few weeks later and she showed a great amount of concern for me as we became closer yet again. Then one day she just stopped replying to me. My iMessages turned green and I figured her phone must have gotten shut off.

After two weeks or so, I looked up her Ok Cupid profile and got her KiK address. She read my message but never responded. Since then, she once again deleted her profile page and any attempts to text her have come up green. Out of curiosity, I had a friend with an iPhone also try and it came up green for him as well. That suggests she didn't block me.

What should I do? The easy answer is "move on" and I've tried to do so these past few weeks. It's not working, as I feel myself getting more and more sad. I keep regretting not deleting my page last April. It eats away at me.

I really like this girl, which may sound ridiculous since we never met. IDK if I will ever get that excited over someone again. I really feel like she might have been the one for me. We texted nearly everyday for over a year.

Thanks to anyone who read this; I know it was a very long post. I would appreciate any insights, comments or advice you can give me.
It is not ridiculous that you like her, even though you've never met. I don't think she is the one for you. This relationship is like watching paint dry.

You would be better off getting the courage to talk to a woman in person. I lost mine in college; that was much easier than high school, which was rather painful. Perhaps the same might happen to you. Online is cool and all, but nothing compares to seeing someone in person. There must be someone you work with, someone at church, someone out there for you.

Why do you regret leaving your page open?

Old 06-07-2015, 08:07 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
If she hasn't met you in all this time, there is a reason. What do they call it, catfish? OP, I have done okay in OLD but I would never in a million years talk to someone more than a couple weeks without meeting if they're local. If they're not local, 4 weeks. If it doesn't happen by then, it's not going to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships