Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you treat "Beautiful" people better than "Unattractive" people.
Yes 50 39.68%
No 76 60.32%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 PM

262 posts, read 651,573 times

Advertisements

Yes, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in reality it seems like a lot of people are shallow when it comes to physical appearances.

I would be considered physically unattractive. No matter how I dress, how I do my hair or how I wear my makeup, some people seem to always confuse me for a man.

Men usually don't take the time to check me out, and when I'm being serviced on I feel like people are more likely to become impatient with me because I am unattractive. Likewise, beautiful people get more positive attention. They get more stares of admiration, the customer service that they receive is not forced and they have plenty of mates to choose from waiting in line for them.

Who knows. Maybe I treat attractive people better too. Actually, No. I treat funnier people or those who look depressed better.

Maybe I am shallow when It comes to dating though. I like tall men who are bigger than me with huge hands and feet, but the only reason I like those types of men is because I want to feel feminine in their arms.

I've never had a serious boyfriend though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
Yes, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Some (which isn't really beauty... we're talking mediocre looks) is; some isn't. It's just a feel-good worthless PC phrase, like many others. Now, if you say "in the eyes of the BEERholder," it occasionally makes sense.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
beautiful people get more positive attention. They get more stares of admiration, the customer service that they receive is not forced and they have plenty of mates to choose from waiting in line for them.
They also have to put up with creeps (i mean disturbed people), losers and stalkers. There are two sides to the coin.

I had a friend who was often mistaken for a guy. Salespeople would call her "sir" in stores. She didn't wear makeup, she didn't even wear dresses, just jeans. She had no trouble finding a mate. She was outgoing and interesting to talk to, and would go for guys she liked. It wasn't a problem. The main thing is to circulate, be friendly, get to know people.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,966 times
I absolutely treat people the same, regardless of their looks. I am in no way inclined to be nicer to someone just because they look good. Hmpf..im not impressed. The worse off some people may seem to be (like geeks or something) the nicer I may be because they may never get a break from the snobs who think they are better than them.

However, i know society 'in general' tend to treat good looking people better. I am different in that I have always had a soft spot for the underdogs in life.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
I didn't vote, but my answer is as follows: I am always nice to nice people.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
If you treat me nice I will do the same to you. And I try my darnest to see good or something great in many. Everyone has good and bad traits.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM

I don't even understand the point of such polls... What do they attempt to achieve? OK, a few (quite a few?) hypocritical votes may even show the desired results. So what?! It's a proven fact that even innocent babies are more friendly to and smile more at good-looking people. Were they "trained" to "accept" all features, all races, all what not... No! It is what it is.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
It's animal instincts to be drawn to pretty things.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't even understand the point of such polls... What do they attempt to achieve? OK, a few (quite a few?) hypocritical votes may even show the desired results. So what?! It's a proven fact that even innocent babies are more friendly to and smile more at good-looking people. Were they "trained" to "accept" all features, all races, all what not... No! It is what it is.
Yes let's cleanse the world of all the ugly unattractive people.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Yes let's cleanse the world of all the ugly unattractive people.
I don't believe that's what I said. A question was asked and it wasn't posted by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships