Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 03:50 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
1. There are no sports to watch in June, July, and August

2. Most women I meet don't watch sports
What country are you in? There areally sports gking on in tnat tI'm frame....lol.

...and going to a causal bar...often called a sports bar because they have tvs that mostly show sports....does not mean you have to be a sports fan to step in the door...or even watch sports when you get there.

Take a pub table off in the corner....order your non-cocktail/drink and chat with the woman. Same thing you would do at a coffee shop for the most part.

PS: lots of women are sports fans...but it's not always the first thing we put out there.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:53 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
What country are you in? There areally sports gking on in tnat tI'm frame....lol.

...and going to a causal bar...often called a sports bar because they have tvs that mostly show sports....does not mean you have to be a sports fan to step in the door...or even watch sports when you get there.

Take a pub table off in the corner....order your non-cocktail/drink and chat with the woman. Same thing you would do at a coffee shop for the most part.

PS: lots of women are sports fans...but it's not always the first thing we put out there.

I should have said no sports that matter which is baseball and soccer. I did go to a sports bar once on a first date and it was one of the best I ever had.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I should have said no sports that matter which is baseball and soccer. I did go to a sports bar once on a first date and it was one of the best I ever had.
Funny...I watched x-games, the Belmont, lacrosse. ...and yes some baseball....but I like baseball.

So if going to a place with the atmosphere of a sportsbar....which tends to be low key, low presure, but still energetic, resulted in a good date....why are you so against it?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:12 PM

818 posts, read 917,477 times
Quote:
Sports bar will only be an option if it's the fall or spring season and she is into sports.
: smack: !!!! You ARE NOT THERE TO WATCH SPORTS . You are there to TALK !

Old 06-07-2015, 04:13 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Funny...I watched x-games, the Belmont, lacrosse. ...and yes some baseball....but I like baseball.

So if going to a place with the atmosphere of a sportsbar....which tends to be low key, low presure, but still energetic, resulted in a good date....why are you so against it?
Because we would both have to be into baseball for it to be a great date. Years ago when I went to a sports bar we went to watch a slam dunk contest and we were both entertained by it because we were basketball fans.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:17 PM

96 posts, read 75,030 times
The only sport I'm interested in while on a date is tonsil hockey.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Because we would both have to be into baseball for it to be a great date. Years ago when I went to a sports bar we went to watch a slam dunk contest and we were both entertained by it because we were basketball fans.
But you are not really there to watch the game...any game!!! It's background...thumb wrestling could be on...it doesn't matter.

Why are you making this a thousand times more complicated then it needs to be?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:45 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
My rule of thumb was always meet a girl for drinks (or something similar) at a nice place. Get to know her and if we seemed to be hitting it off I would suggest we walk and grab something to eat.

Dinner dates are a huge waste of money.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:59 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Was it the first meet or the first date?
I've had appetizers and wine, just coffee, or a light meal on a first meet. First dates almost always involved a meal.

The little bit I did with OLD, coffee turned out to be the easiest. About half of the handful of meet ups I tried, went on to involve a second date or a future friendship.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:22 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
It's been my fault the past two months and I been treating women to dinner the first time like a fool instead of going somewhere like a park or cafe which is very cheap. That way if someone disappears after the meeting is over and don't respond to text messages nothing is lost on either side since

1. Not much money was spent

2. You only met for a hour or two

I been making the mistake of paying for dinner which should only happen after mutual interest has been confirmed and date number 1 has been scheduled. I say date one because the first meeting is a meet and greet not really a date since you are meeting for the first time. I have spent so much money in April and May that I don't even want to go on another date until August-lol I have to realize that the first meet is for me to assess and see if she is someone I would want to see again not just treating all these women to dinner and never hear from them again.

Agree or Disagree?
Surely you know that there's always a chance that you won't see the person again, so if you're that concerned about money, do something cheap or tell them upfront that you want to go dutch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships