Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:03 AM

3 posts, read 1,851 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, Mike here…

My girlfriend of five years just surprised me with the break up that I didn't see coming. The day prior, everything seems fine nothing usual as far as behavior or interaction. The next day, not a word from her nor text and it wasn't until I persisted that she answers her phone. She said "I met somebody else , we are breaking up, don't call me".
Needless to say I was (am devastated) and hit me at a time for my stress level is very high. Two days later I want to talk to her seeking some kind of answer, all she said was she doesn't have to answer anything. She has blocked me on Facebook and my phone number yet still allows me to have a key to her house meaning she hasn't change the locks. Not trying to read into anything been really trying to understand, I've been staying away giving her her space yet I hope in time that there may be a chance (I know what you all will say) again sometime in the future. We have known each other for 20 years and only recently do we finally start going out. There are some things in our respective lives that we need to work on, however I think the stress of everything was too much for both of us and perhaps A needed break was in order. Perhaps this "break" will be of some benefit... I dunno. We are too close (of friends) to not be friends...
Just trying to make sense of it all... trying to stay busy in the face of no contact; we will soon have to talk because I have some personal effects at her house that I still have to pick up. Staying away, giving her space.
I know I'll get a shellacking but, could it be possible that we may get back? What are the chances... it could happen...

Your supportive replies good or bad (but not negative) are welcome.
Thank you in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 02:24 AM

5 posts, read 5,972 times
Sorry bud, being blindsided sucks. It will get better I swear. For your stuff, I'd have a mutual friend pick it up.

In my experience getting back together after a break up doesn't work in the long run. The trust is no longer there, and subconscious resentment and anxiety are a bad foundation for a relationship.

Her actions are extremely cold, immature and disrespectful IMO. I wouldn't give her a second chance. Even if I believed in second chances.

Concentrate on yourself, your work, pick up a new hobby. Use your friends and family for support.

Put the stuff that reminds you of her away. You are seemed to be familiar with NC, so do that after logistics are settled. Move the stuff that reminds you of her in a box out of sight. Don't cyberstalk, don't answer her "breadcrumbs".

Listen to some angry ex songs like "I really don't like you", I had it running non stop for a week post break up.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:25 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
I'm more concerned with how you can know someone that long at the level you knew her...but really not know her. I would be trying to figure out how that happened.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:34 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Just because she hasn't changed the locks to her house doesn't mean you should go in there. Stay away.

And I really am sorry this happened to you. It hurts.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:47 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike49socal
My girlfriend of five years just surprised me with the break up that I didn't see coming. The day prior, everything seems fine nothing usual as far as behavior or interaction. The next day, not a word from her nor text and it wasn't until I persisted that she answers her phone. She said "I met somebody else , we are breaking up, don't call me"
Hello Mike,welcome to city-data!!!

I am so sorry she did this to you....... Hopefully it is NOT PERMANENT and she will come back........ (I have a feeling the other guy is nowhere near as good as you are)

Girls can be quite mean!!!!!!!! -- They often PLAY GAMES to see just how much you care for them,etc........ (It can tear ya apart)

Good luck my friend,God bless!

Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
If you haven't been, how do you know the locks have not been changed?

Also, given the way she dumped you, why in the world would you want her back. Very cold.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 AM

761 posts, read 832,733 times
I'll give you a corny old quote that's as old as the hills:

“If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.”

Old 06-08-2015, 05:18 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
"Blind-sided". Is this the whole story? Often, it is a case of early-onset male deafness.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:18 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Take the hint. She wants nothing to do with you. Don't stalk her. Delete her number, her email and do not contact her. She won't contact you again, if she does, ignore her.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:30 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike49socal View Post
Hello everyone, Mike here…

My girlfriend of five years just surprised me with the break up that I didn't see coming. The day prior, everything seems fine nothing usual as far as behavior or interaction. The next day, not a word from her nor text and it wasn't until I persisted that she answers her phone. She said "I met somebody else , we are breaking up, don't call me".
Needless to say I was (am devastated) and hit me at a time for my stress level is very high. Two days later I want to talk to her seeking some kind of answer, all she said was she doesn't have to answer anything. She has blocked me on Facebook and my phone number yet still allows me to have a key to her house meaning she hasn't change the locks. Not trying to read into anything been really trying to understand, I've been staying away giving her her space yet I hope in time that there may be a chance (I know what you all will say) again sometime in the future. We have known each other for 20 years and only recently do we finally start going out. There are some things in our respective lives that we need to work on, however I think the stress of everything was too much for both of us and perhaps A needed break was in order. Perhaps this "break" will be of some benefit... I dunno. We are too close (of friends) to not be friends...
Just trying to make sense of it all... trying to stay busy in the face of no contact; we will soon have to talk because I have some personal effects at her house that I still have to pick up. Staying away, giving her space.
I know I'll get a shellacking but, could it be possible that we may get back? What are the chances... it could happen...

Your supportive replies good or bad (but not negative) are welcome.
Thank you in advance...
Best advice I can give is to not look at her in a positive light. Don't try to get her back. find someone better.

Remember at the end of the day she just showed you the type of person she really is. Just a weak minded b*tch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships