Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 01:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

and if she was not nice you would be making a thread complaining about how mean she is........

No one can win at this dramatic game a lot of you daters think you have to play.
It is tiring just reading about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 04:20 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
this is one of those things as men we will never understand the logic of, even IF we understand their personal reasoning behind it the logic behind it makes zero sense.

It's black and white to us, not a million different shades of grey.

The only thing you as a person can do is not affiliate with those types. It avoids getting your best interests mixed up with theirs and making the mistake of getting involved with them on an emotional level.

You have to understand for every 1 guy who sees this as "attention whoring" and dismisses her as not worth his time, there are 100 other men waiting to hit it for what it is reinforcing her prerogative to be that way.

It's vicious cycle, that at the end of the day shouldn't bother you if you are not interested in that type of person to begin with.
You wear a nice shirt and fitted slacks to work one day. You look pretty good. You're in a good mood. Maybe there is a lady at work that you hope to impress, or maybe you're just good looking and you know it. You arrive. Now imagine if you will, that you happen to work with a woman who is the very opposite of whatever you consider attractive. Seriously, think of the nastiest un-appealing traits you can in the opposite gender, and conceptualize this for me. You usually don't notice her except in that, "Hi, how are ya? It's Friday!" way that all cubicle monkeys communicate. Right? With me so far? So. She notices that day, that you are looking nice. Your shirt is nice, your pants show off your stuff, your hair is groomed in a lovely manner, and you're just all kinds of sexy man stuff walking through the office.

Does SHE have the right to be ANGRY with you, because you are sexually appealing, and she has no ability to do anything about it???

Well?

Now it would be different if you walked in in a thong or something showing off your bowflex abs, but then we have DRESS CODES in the workplace. If this woman in OP's place of employment is really that distracting in her clothing, maybe he should see if she is violating dress code...but if she's not...then he's gonna have to let it go.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Op want a hug? Hold on let me put my tight top on.Oh dang I need bigger boobs...hmmm let me put my wonder bra on.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:48 PM

403 posts, read 597,908 times
Curves like the American flag? Lol

From her description I don't know why you are saying she's too nice...? Sounds like too much of tease...

Old 06-08-2015, 06:51 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
Oh, you mean teasers or man-eaters? Pretty little liars? Or promiscuous enchanters?

Old 06-08-2015, 08:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You have to understand for every 1 guy who sees this as "attention whoring" and dismisses her as not worth his time, there are 100 other men waiting to hit it for what it is reinforcing her prerogative to be that way.

It's vicious cycle, that at the end of the day shouldn't bother you if you are not interested in that type of person to begin with.

Sometimes I wonder how some guys are just so stupid and dense that they feed right into the antics of complete attention whores.

It's like they lose all self respect because they think they might have a shot at getting laid. I just see it as pathetic.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:16 PM

678 posts, read 697,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Fact: Women do not exist to be a show, temptation, prize, resource, or commodity to you. (You=any given male who has a hard time understanding women as human beings.)

Women, as people, have varied reasons for the things they do.

She might be a nasty manipulator who is using her attractiveness to advance herself.

She might just like looking in the mirror in the morning, and saying to herself, "I'm really beautiful today!"

She might be trying to attract someone specific, and dressing that way in the hopes he'll be interested.

She might be trying to overcome a boatload of insecurities that are none of your business, and boost her self-esteem by looking good.

Any male who takes the position of "She is not claimed by another male, she is available, and she parades these unprotected wares around tempting me! My thoughts are her problem! Why is she not more considerate of my out of control mental state!" Seriously there are countries where women wear bedsheets for reasons like this, and it is considered understandable for them to be assaulted if they don't...we're supposed to be a little bit more civilized than that, here. Your thoughts aren't her problem, and her clothes aren't yours. Get over it. All she has to worry about is the dress code at work, if she's within the bounds of that, then no harm, no foul.

THIS GUY! Knows what he's talking about! I should use you as a wing man next time I want to go out!

Old 06-08-2015, 10:39 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
You wear a nice shirt and fitted slacks to work one day. You look pretty good. You're in a good mood. Maybe there is a lady at work that you hope to impress, or maybe you're just good looking and you know it. You arrive. Now imagine if you will, that you happen to work with a woman who is the very opposite of whatever you consider attractive. Seriously, think of the nastiest un-appealing traits you can in the opposite gender, and conceptualize this for me. You usually don't notice her except in that, "Hi, how are ya? It's Friday!" way that all cubicle monkeys communicate. Right? With me so far? So. She notices that day, that you are looking nice. Your shirt is nice, your pants show off your stuff, your hair is groomed in a lovely manner, and you're just all kinds of sexy man stuff walking through the office.

Does SHE have the right to be ANGRY with you, because you are sexually appealing, and she has no ability to do anything about it???

Well?

Now it would be different if you walked in in a thong or something showing off your bowflex abs, but then we have DRESS CODES in the workplace. If this woman in OP's place of employment is really that distracting in her clothing, maybe he should see if she is violating dress code...but if she's not...then he's gonna have to let it go.
Iam not going to show off my body in any way to anyone that isnt my wife or where not appropriate.

Their is a huge difference between dressing up to feel good and dressing up to attract the attention of others to feel good.

That's where the line gets drawn.

It's intent.

Everyone in this world has their own motivations and intentions, You cannot control this.
You can only control yourself. Which is why if you have legitimate issues with another for who they are or what they are doing, you simply do not engage with them.

The company you keep creates your world around.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Sour grapes by a guy who's probably not getting any attention. Nothing more... Unless you want to include the other CD guys who routinely take any opportunity to bash women.. You know the ones I am talking about. The guys who couldn't get laid in a w****house with a 100 dollar bill pasted to their forehead.
Misery loves company!

Old 06-09-2015, 08:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Sour grapes by a guy who's probably not getting any attention. Nothing more... Unless you want to include the other CD guys who routinely take any opportunity to bash women.. You know the ones I am talking about. The guys who couldn't get laid in a w****house with a 100 dollar bill pasted to their forehead.
Misery loves company!

Aw, now that right there is just unkind, Sydney!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships