Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 05:08 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I see nothing in this post about expecting her boyfriend to be Chuck Norris or start a fight to protect her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostnot View Post
My bf just stood there and pretended he did not hear anything.
Also the thread title was called:

Quote:
Should I dump my BF who did not back me up?
It is clear she expected something other than him standing there, and even if ''backing her up'' was in the form of a verbal retort, in this day and age it is very likely to lead to physical escalation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 05:11 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
I agree. I don't think the boyfriend should necessarily confront anybody, but why didn't he say anything afterward? No reassurance, no sympathy, no anger on her behalf? Not impressed.
How do you know she didn't lay into him for not "backing her up" before he had the chance? "If you were a real man you woulda stood up to me!"

Old 06-12-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
And afterward, when the scary yokels were gone, the reason for not saying anything like, "Are you OK? Can you believe those *******s?" for a whole week would be ... what?
How do you know he didn't?

Old 06-13-2015, 12:35 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You want him t9 possibly get stabbed break his nose or go to jail?
She should dump this guy if they haven't spoken in a week, but I would gladly suffer a broken nose to defend a girl I was with from such things. Jail won't come unless you are the first one to hit. The guy could still call them out on it. Getting stabbed or even shot is always a possibility, but that's no way to go through life. Worrying that standing up for yourself or others will get you stabbed or shot.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:32 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
There is a bridge missing it's under the trusses denizen.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:44 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,154,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Well, one can never truly know if something stated here is true, but OP did say:
"After this, we both felt awkward and he was quiet the entire time. He hasnt called me for over a week now since that occurred."

Old 06-13-2015, 02:17 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
She should dump this guy if they haven't spoken in a week, but I would gladly suffer a broken nose to defend a girl I was with from such things. Jail won't come unless you are the first one to hit. The guy could still call them out on it. Getting stabbed or even shot is always a possibility, but that's no way to go through life. Worrying that standing up for yourself or others will get you stabbed or shot.
This sounds like my foolish a$& talking when I was 18 and still living in the hood without a job and no real life experience. At 27, I know damn well the value in just walking away and not giving in to the urge to fight over a few words. Those guys were not worth the risk of a police record and if you think a broken nose would have been the worst that would have happened over it you should read a DC or Baltimore homicide story, I can guarantee a few of them started with a guy just standing up for himself over a few words.

Just last week, me and a few friends got into an altercation at a bar with one drunk guy who thought it was cool to start punching women and try to touch my friend's car in front of a group of 20 guys who were not gonna stand for someone touching our female friends. Only reason he got to walk home with just a torn shirt was the police got there and sent everyone home. Big difference between standing up for women over a few words and women actually being physically harmed.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Well, one can never truly know if something stated here is true, but OP did say:
"After this, we both felt awkward and he was quiet the entire time. He hasnt called me for over a week now since that occurred."
Well taking it literally then you think they just walked separate ways without saying goodbye? She didn't say that she was quiet so if she was humiliating him further about it maybe he just shut down.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Because I read the OP.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
I see nothing in this post about expecting her boyfriend to be Chuck Norris or start a fight to protect her.
That's because the op is a female, which means you have to read between the lines as women speak in code

just a brief glance between the lines and its obvious the op expected him to fight for her honor, even if it meant loss of life

phhhhttttt...the nookie cant be that good...sorry...next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships