Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 10:16 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,028 times

Advertisements

I don't know...I had more crushes on the female trainers; they inspire me to look like them. I'm not attracted to men who are wayyyyy too much into fitness. Just check out the body building forums and you'll see what I mean. The only intelligence I found there was that they knew how much protein chicken has.

On a side note, my coworker did end up marrying someone she met at the gym. Not sure if he was her trainer, but he's a former football player and has a high paying executive job. I admire her huge ring from time to time. You just never know unless you try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 10:20 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
When he starts spending time with you that is not scheduled by the gym you will have a better idea.

If I like a place (ie: gym, bar, other hang out, work) I wouldn't date anyone from there.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2015, 10:40 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,650 times
And remember, once you start dating, all the other women throwing themselves at him will mean nothing to him...honest *****
muwahahahahahaha

Old 06-11-2015, 10:59 AM

279 posts, read 593,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
And remember, once you start dating, all the other women throwing themselves at him will mean nothing to him...honest *****
muwahahahahahaha
Yeah, and I'm a jealous person so it'd probably be hard to trust him. But I don't think I'd want a one time hookup either.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:15 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
Have any of you all ever hooked up with a trainer or would you do so under the right circumstances?
Let's see...at my gym the two male trainers are married and the other two are female, so no. Would I if there was one who was male, right age range and single? I don't know. Depends on how militant he was about exercise, nutrition and all that comes with it. If our life together was going to be "normal", then sure, why not. If it was going to be all about working out 2 hours a day every day and counting calories and carb-fat-protein ratios, then no, that would not work for me. (And yes, the point of that example was to be incredibly extreme-that is NOT how I envision all trainers to be. I rent a room to one so I know that's not the reality of all trainers).

Old 06-11-2015, 01:53 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,495,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
The gym is not a monastery. It's where you go to meet other people who care about their bodies.
The problem is that many suddenly stop caring as much (and disappear in turn) once the calendar turns to February. That and many have just started caring. Not really worth talking about at that point. The ones that really do and look the part are manic and sorta' into their free space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Who said she was mad?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:59 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My married friend had an affair with one.
He was apparently doing lots of women.
*shrug*
Maybe that has something to do with this "The gym is not a monastery. It's where you go to meet other people who care about their bodies" mentality

Old 06-11-2015, 02:10 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
I never have, but the gym I worked at for a few years had a lot of hooking up going on. Watched quite a few marriages implode over it, and saw a few girls get fired for turning down sex with the owner.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:59 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
Yes, it's cliche, I know. But there's a personal trainer at my gym that I'm attracted to. He's not my personal trainer (too expensive), but I have had some interactions with him. First of all, he's not even my physical type. I would not have even found him attractive if I had never spoken to him and interacted with him because I'm pretty adamant about not dating guys who look like him. Not that he's not a goodlooking guy, but just completely NOT what I usually prefer. But the very first time I talked to him about my fitness goals and we exchanged some witty banter, I instantly became attracted to him. Then, I went in and had a complimentary training session with him, and he sometimes had to touch me to get me in the correction positions, and he commanded me to do things that I didn't really want to do. It was pretty hot, and I think I wouldn't mind getting to know him outside of the gym, but how does one even go about that? He's either a professional who doesn't fraternize with clients/potential clients or he's some womanizer who sleeps with women he meets at the gym all the time. I'm sure I'm not the only woman who has noticed that he's attractive. I did look at his Facebook page and it said he was single, but that doesn't really mean anything. It's not like I'm obsessed with him or anything, not to mention that I'm not some floozy who just throws herself at personal trainers. I'm just surprised that I'm attracted to someone who is the opposite of what I usually like, and I wonder if there's anything worth exploring there.

What do you guys think? Have any of you all ever hooked up with a trainer or would you do so under the right circumstances?
I doubt it. Look elsewhere for your kicks. Drama follows these people the way fruit flies follow over-ripe bananas.

I think the guy read you like a book (as these types are wont to do) He knew you were looking for flirtatious, quasi-sexual attention and he supplied it. He knows he's attractive. I don't know if he finds you attractive. Maybe to him, your money is the most attractive thing to him.

What does he have to lose? It was free, and it might net him a new client. Really, BangBang...this is how you have to look at this situation. He's handsome, charismatic, what red-blooded woman wouldn't want to try it? But please let common sense prevail. It's not what you think it is. I don't think you're being totally honest with yourself about what you want. I think you want a relationship to develop, but you think it might best be started with a casual hookup.

You asked people what they thought, so....

Old 06-11-2015, 03:34 PM

279 posts, read 593,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I doubt it. Look elsewhere for your kicks. Drama follows these people the way fruit flies follow over-ripe bananas.

I think the guy read you like a book (as these types are wont to do) He knew you were looking for flirtatious, quasi-sexual attention and he supplied it. He knows he's attractive. I don't know if he finds you attractive. Maybe to him, your money is the most attractive thing to him.
The bolded didn't happen though. I wouldn't say he flirted with me. Sure, we joked here and there, but he's been very professional. He did make a positive comment about my appearance, but like you said, he's selling a product, so why not try to be likeable?

Quote:
What does he have to lose? It was free, and it might net him a new client. Really, BangBang...this is how you have to look at this situation. He's handsome, charismatic, what red-blooded woman wouldn't want to try it? But please let common sense prevail. It's not what you think it is. I don't think you're being totally honest with yourself about what you want. I think you want a relationship to develop, but you think it might best be started with a casual hookup.
You're right, casual hookups aren't really my thing, but the only reason why I think I might be able to handle something like that with this guy is because he's not my usual type, so maybe I wouldn't really fall for him.

Quote:
You asked people what they thought, so....
Yeah, it's cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships