Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 12:50 AM

14 posts, read 49,492 times

Advertisements

A little background on me.

-6'4"
-very fit
-Engineer

I honestly did not start dating until I was 22 years of age(I was shy). Over the past three years, I have met plenty of women. I went out on dates, had sex(not a manwhore etc.). I am decent looking male, good looking enough to have met an attractive woman at a bar and ending up at her place. This does not always happen of course.

Online dating wise, on sites like OKC, I don't do too bad and before Tinder introduced the swiped limit, I got a good amount of interest. I have gone/talk with out with several women yet no spark. I have only had feelings for three girls in my life. One when I was 17, 21 and now 25.

I meet these women and they just don't give me those feelings that three previous woman gave me. The one I met at 25 is the perfect woman for me but we live in different state. She is 21, tall and very attractive, we can talk about the most random things to sex. We are comfortable with each other and our conversations never get boring. No other woman has ever come close to what her and I have.

I am going to be 26, to be honest with you, I dont tell women about never being in one anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 12:54 AM

8,916 posts, read 7,665,939 times
Don't really care.

Everyone lives different lives and do different things at different times.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:55 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,448,569 times
It is apparently not uncommon at all with people of your generation. You are not unique in this aspect of your life at all.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:02 AM

920 posts, read 923,794 times
No biggie, means nothing at all.

Enjoy your life

Old 06-12-2015, 01:11 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,255,773 times
Probably very smart. Has a good head on his shoulders and going places in life. Wants to live life on his terms.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:28 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,239,642 times
At 25 years old you should not concern yourself with this yet. You have plenty of time to find that special person down the road. Until you find her, enjoy friends and just don't make work your only life.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:14 AM

51 posts, read 60,203 times
I think I would be honored to be someones first girlfriend. At least it is not a bad thing. I am a woman quite a same age than you, had two short relationships. The other one has had multiple girlfriends and it did not bother me at first but then I started to feel he was comparing me to them and was not 100% over from his ex, and it felt really bad. It would be much nicer to feel more special.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:25 AM

70 posts, read 57,083 times
What are relationships anymore? I'm older than you, OP, but most of my most intimate relationships have been with people I never had sex with. Knowing that I can have long-term, trusting, give-and-take friendships with others is what has always given me confidence to be in a romantic relationship.

You may never have had a girlfriend, but do you have good friends? Good interactions with your coworkers? If yes then you have relationships in your life. If no, then maybe work on that.

Also, maybe be more proactive in striking up conversations with girls without the aid of technology. Online dating and tinder are great, but why not chat with the girl behind you in line the next time you are buying coffee or at the supermarket? It's as easy as, "can you believe how long this line is?"

25 and no relationship is nothing to feel sad about. I'm sure that plenty of people would love to permanently strike some relationships that they had before 25 from the record. Good luck.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:18 AM

16,401 posts, read 30,817,718 times
Women don't care about that stuff, and if she does she most likely has plenty of issues either way.

It's not something you have to willingly say to anyone, so if you're not completely socially awkward.. it's not like they're going to even ask.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:10 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,881,850 times
Sounds like your are a socially well adjusted individual who can meet women, get dates, etc.

The fact you have not found the right one where the chemistry is there, and felt mutually to build more of a relationship on is nothing to have concerns about, or anxiety about what others might think of that at 25.

Keep meeting women and dating. Eventually, the feeling will be right to pursue more with someone, and they will feel the same about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships