Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:27 PM

6 posts, read 7,781 times

Advertisements

What if he showed interest initially, but then I was in a relationship and did not return the feelings. I since broke up with my ex boyfriend, and now I actually like the other guy. The problem is that the other guy keeps changing his schedule and whereabouts so I have no way of finding him anymore. The only times I ran into him was by fate, but even then, I didn't know it was him because he keeps changing his looks too, so I didn't realize it was him until moments later.

It's almost like he is avoiding me. This is driving me insane as I have never been so obsessed with a stranger before. The thing that bothers me the most is that my feelings for this guy literally changed somewhere between the breakup and when the guy started to disappear.

I would let this one go, but I can't. It's consumed me like crazy until I see him again and I find out for sure that he's no longer interested or some other direct message. The only things I know about him is that he goes to the same gym and he lives in my neighborhood. Exactly where? I don't know. I feel like stalking him is the only way I'll be able to run into him, but even if I wanted to stalk him, I can't either because I have no idea where he is. Never met anyone who's so good at hiding and avoiding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 02:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
"Changes his looks"?

I chased my husband till he caught me. so yeah, it can be done. But he wasn't AVOIDING me. I think you have something else going on you need to consider first, like WHY you're suddenly obsessed.

It's NOT really about him.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:29 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWind View Post
Never met anyone who's so good at hiding and avoiding.
So take the hint, because either fate or the man in question is giving you a big one.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Is this about the gym guy again? You do realize that stalking is generally considered a bad thing - right?

Old 07-08-2015, 02:46 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
If he is literally going out of his way to avoid you, then you really have no choice but to move on.

It is very possible he is probably dating other girls. Don't get caught up in a movie fantasy, thinking you two are fated to be together when really this is probably just due to your ego and insecurities.

Let it go and do something productive with yourself.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:58 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWind View Post
What if he showed interest initially, but then I was in a relationship and did not return the feelings. I since broke up with my ex boyfriend, and now I actually like the other guy. The problem is that the other guy keeps changing his schedule and whereabouts so I have no way of finding him anymore. The only times I ran into him was by fate, but even then, I didn't know it was him because he keeps changing his looks too, so I didn't realize it was him until moments later.

It's almost like he is avoiding me. This is driving me insane as I have never been so obsessed with a stranger before. The thing that bothers me the most is that my feelings for this guy literally changed somewhere between the breakup and when the guy started to disappear.

I would let this one go, but I can't. It's consumed me like crazy until I see him again and I find out for sure that he's no longer interested or some other direct message. The only things I know about him is that he goes to the same gym and he lives in my neighborhood. Exactly where? I don't know. I feel like stalking him is the only way I'll be able to run into him, but even if I wanted to stalk him, I can't either because I have no idea where he is. Never met anyone who's so good at hiding and avoiding.
OP:

Yes, you have to let him go.

Yes, you have to let go of your obsession

Yes, he is avoiding you for reason

Yes, you need to Get The Message regarding his avoiding you

Forget about stalking him

He is not interested in you.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:07 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
He is AVOIDING you because your STALKING is giving him the heebie-jeebies - he is NOT interested. Move on.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
i have been chased by women before. sometimes because they wanted to be with me, other times, well lets just say i got away with my skin intact

Old 07-08-2015, 06:53 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
I don't have anything to add to what I posted in your very recent thread on this very same topic. //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...oiding-me.html

Except that the new information that you don't recognize him because he keeps changing his looks is just weird.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:55 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have been chased by women before. sometimes because they wanted to be with me, other times, well lets just say i got away with my skin intact
As have I, brother, but I attribute it to the fact that there is a certain group of simple-minded women out there who cannot fathom the idea of a man not reacting to her 'alluring gaze'. It seriously screws with some women.

As for the OP--

Avoiding you? Check your ego, he had a life before he met you, and I'm certain he has one currently. Unless you're one of these magical women who produces crisp $100 bills when she gets 'excited', you're not special, luv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships