Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:07 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justThis View Post
This. I think this is my biggest point of frustration. I'm not approaching dating under the assumption that these women are going to "take my breath away" and put me in some kind of love trance. It's not that I don't remember what that feels like, or fail to understand its desirability, I just know that I've only felt that way for 3 women in my entire life and I understand how incredibly rare it is. If a relationship/family is what I want, there are more practical things to consider, and that's what I'm focused on.

From my standpoint, what I have to offer is a slam dunk, and all I'm really asking from you is for you to show up and be yourself. So when after 4 dates I get an e-mail from a girl saying she can't put her feelings together, not only is it incredibly insulting, it's like "Oh wait, did you think I had put you through that test too? HA! Yeah, no."
Unfortunately, this is just how things work in western society. Many men rely on things like their feelings and love too. It's what we were raised with. It's our social conditioning. Another factor is that very few people in the US know true hardship and, therefore, don't understand what it's like to be unsure of where your next meal is coming from. So they focus on things that don't matter (or "first world problems", so to speak).

From what I've seen, you need to identify a woman that would make a good wife and mother (one that has shown commitment in some area and has a nurturing side without being too dominant) and you need to pursue her.

In this particular case, it's strange that a woman would email you about her feelings like this. Without knowing anything else about her, to me, that would call into question her mental stability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 10:12 PM

291 posts, read 273,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Lol. It's too easy for attractive well together men to get sex without having to make a commitment even as they age. Society and women are very liberal about sex these days which make it difficult for a man that doesnt necessarily care a lot about marriage or having kids to substantiate getting into a serious relationship which usually has a level of drama, sacrifices, investment that seem like too much to deal with when all you have to do is go to a bar and get easy sex and a woman that will entertain you for a while until you get tired of it... So men like you have less incentive to want to have one especially with a woman refraining from sex in an age where most arent, so it's kind of silly when you look at it from a big picture stand point. etc

That woman is trying to get to know you before having sex with you to establish a foundation to build the relationship on before integrating the physical stuff but that isn't as common and men don't respect women that do this the way they used to. Poor thing--she doesn't know that this is making it difficult for you to see a point in a relationship with her. Oh well.
I don't really think you understand what I'm saying. I DO want a family and I DO want kids. I understand full well the kind of responsibility, dedication, and effort that will take. What I DON'T want is a "relationship" with a person that can't muster enough interest to kiss me after spending two full days and two evenings with me. Women I don't interact with physically/romantically are generally called "friends" in my life, and chances are, if I'm on a date, I'm neglecting one or more of them already. Why wouldn't I just go spend time with the ones I already have?

Old 06-13-2015, 10:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justThis View Post
I don't really think you understand what I'm saying. I DO want a family and I DO want kids. I understand full well the kind of responsibility, dedication, and effort that will take. What I DON'T want is a "relationship" with a person that can't muster enough interest to kiss me after spending two full days and two evenings with me. Women I don't interact with physically/romantically are generally called "friends" in my life, and chances are, if I'm on a date, I'm neglecting one or more of them already. Why wouldn't I just go spend time with the ones I already have?
A few questions:

Is she attractive?
Does she have a stable job that requires a level of commitment?
Does she seem like she has good values so far?

If the answer to all of these questions is "yes", then determine whether or not she is worth the effort (because it does seem like it will take a lot of effort). If the answer to this question is "yes", then keep pursuing and be okay with putting off the physical.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:16 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
It is weird that she won't kiss you after 4 dates with her. I find it weird if a guy hasn't tried to kiss me after 3 dates.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Sounds like you viewed finding a wife was going to be as easy as picking out a new accessory to have around.

Yes...it can take normal human beings time to come to terms with a new relationship...life just isn't as cut and dried as you have it.

She's probably trying to figure out if you are really serious or not...since certainly doesn't seem to be your past history and [snip.].

Mod cut.
She didn't ask about my history. And there's nothing bad about it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2015 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: Orphaned (reply to comment which has been deleted).

Old 06-13-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, I think a lot of these dudes who put off socializing and dating while they're in school or establishing themselves and then think that they're going to pick up right where their peers are are shooting themselves in the foot. You don't have to party your way through college and neglect your studies, but at the same time not all learning happens in class.
I partied my ass off in college. What about my post makes you think I don't know how to socialize?

Old 06-13-2015, 10:25 PM

106 posts, read 87,810 times
People think dating is the end all be all to life. It's not. Some people just decide not to date. Not everyone is a serial dater. Respect their choice and leave them alone.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:27 PM

115 posts, read 100,009 times
Sounds like all the sane ones have already settled down or deceased...

Old 06-13-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
A few questions:

Is she attractive?
Does she have a stable job that requires a level of commitment?
Does she seem like she has good values so far?
Yes, yes, and yes.

Quote:
If the answer to all of these questions is "yes", then determine whether or not she is worth the effort (because it does seem like it will take a lot of effort). If the answer to this question is "yes", then keep pursuing and be okay with putting off the physical.
I don't know about that. I think you start denigrating yourself just by sticking around after a certain point. Date 4 was that point.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is just how things work in western society. Many men rely on things like their feelings and love too. It's what we were raised with. It's our social conditioning. Another factor is that very few people in the US know true hardship and, therefore, don't understand what it's like to be unsure of where your next meal is coming from. So they focus on things that don't matter (or "first world problems", so to speak).

From what I've seen, you need to identify a woman that would make a good wife and mother (one that has shown commitment in some area and has a nurturing side without being too dominant) and you need to pursue her.

In this particular case, it's strange that a woman would email you about her feelings like this. Without knowing anything else about her, to me, that would call into question her mental stability.
I'm largely agreed with all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships