Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 02:28 PM

48,253 posts, read 34,376,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
So you become friends with benefits with a girl, get attached, you get really drunk and confess your feelings for her, she doesn't feel the same way, starts treating you different, you start panicking because you might "loose the girl of your dreams," confront her about he situation and she tells you to give her some space, and now you're here asking if you can get her back even though there wasn't any bond to begin with- besides sexual.

She's not the girl of your dreams, go out and get someone else. The only thing you two had in common was sexual desire. She was a friend with benefits and that is all.

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 02:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,545,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Burgler's post was a super weak shame at best compared to the rest of these posters calling him an alcoholic over one night of binge drinking.
One night of "blackout" drinking that, per the OP, has happened often enough that he WARNED the "girl of his dreams" about it.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:44 PM

26,677 posts, read 41,509,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
One night of "blackout" drinking that, per the OP, has happened often enough that he WARNED the "girl of his dreams" about it.

The last time being TWO years ago, OP probably thought he was over it in that time and wanted to warn the woman but slipped up. It happens.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:50 PM

16,401 posts, read 30,805,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Aw, who's shaming him now???

That's not shaming, I wasn't saying he wasn't being a man.. only was saying that's a good route to take.

Live up to it be a man and try to go back out with her.

Give me a break..

Old 06-14-2015, 02:57 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,226,696 times
Like she said, OP "time will tell".

Personally, I think youre downplaying your alcohol problem; should really put that in check. Im hard convinced about accidental blackouts.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:01 PM

16,401 posts, read 30,805,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Like she said, OP "time will tell".

Personally, I think youre downplaying your alcohol problem; should really put that in check. Im hard convinced about accidental blackouts.
I'm not sure if the OP said his age or not but he sounds like he is maybe early 20s at best.

Pretty sure that's fairly normal for someone his age. Some grow out of it, some get older and but ed hardy tshirts

Old 06-14-2015, 03:16 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,351,597 times
I am certainly not going to give you advice in getting back with her. When I started reading your posting I knew right away what the biggest issue with you is and this one sentence you said sums it up: "Alcohol in large quantity can turn me into someone who i hate."

I got news for you. Alcohol in large quantities can turn anyone into someone everyone hates--except for another drunk maybe. I am a recovering alcohol. Been there, done that--the excessive drinking, the blackouts, doing things I regret. I was a complete b**** and so very unlike who I really am when sober. I am in recovery now and don't ever want to go back to all of that crap. I am so glad I am not living in that world anymore because I was miserable! Now, I cannot tell someone else that they are an alcoholic. That is for the individual to decide. I can say it sounds like you, at the very least, have a drinking problem, and until you get a handle on that, any relationship you get into will have problems. So if you continue to get wasted like it sounds like you do, get ready......that posting you did above is going to sound like a breeze compared to what you are in for. And I certainly hope it doesn't take you as long to grow up and act more responsible as it did me.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:34 PM

227 posts, read 194,416 times
You said you're done with it. So what steps are you going to take to ensure this never happens again?

Blackout drunk is NOT normal. At all. The fact that its happened more than once lets me know that you have a problem. Not judging you, not looking down on you. But you do need to truly make sure this never happens again. You're still young, you can still learn how to control it, instead of trying to get help in your 40s and 50s, when its gotten out of control and your life is a wreck. Get some help now, so it doesn't bite you in the butt later.

Now, where your girl is concerned, I'm giving her a dirty look right now. You've mentioned to her several times that you have a problem with excessive alcohol, but yet she still thought it was ok to talk you into doing multiple shots (FYI, no one should be able to force you to do something that you know won't end well for you--another hint that you have a problem you need to nip in the bud now). I'm not sure she's such a great person. You know better than I would, but I'd think long and hard about that. However, now that she's seen firsthand what you've mentioned (groping another girl in front of her isn't a good look no matter how you cut it) she may be having second, third, fourth thoughts. If I were you, I'd disengage, take it as a lesson learned and work to improve myself. Again, you're young. This girl that looks like the girl of your dreams this year may not seem so bright and shiny 2, 3 years down the road.

Please, get some help. Because you're courting legal trouble too. The next time this happens, you could have a sexual assault charge to deal with. You've been lucky so far.

Last edited by weeblywobbly; 06-14-2015 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 06-14-2015, 03:47 PM

31 posts, read 23,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm not sure if the OP said his age or not but he sounds like he is maybe early 20s at best.

Pretty sure that's fairly normal for someone his age. Some grow out of it, some get older and but ed hardy tshirts
I'm 23 and so is she. For what it's worth

Old 06-14-2015, 03:51 PM

31 posts, read 23,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I am certainly not going to give you advice in getting back with her. When I started reading your posting I knew right away what the biggest issue with you is and this one sentence you said sums it up: "Alcohol in large quantity can turn me into someone who i hate."

I got news for you. Alcohol in large quantities can turn anyone into someone everyone hates--except for another drunk maybe. I am a recovering alcohol. Been there, done that--the excessive drinking, the blackouts, doing things I regret. I was a complete b**** and so very unlike who I really am when sober. I am in recovery now and don't ever want to go back to all of that crap. I am so glad I am not living in that world anymore because I was miserable! Now, I cannot tell someone else that they are an alcoholic. That is for the individual to decide. I can say it sounds like you, at the very least, have a drinking problem, and until you get a handle on that, any relationship you get into will have problems. So if you continue to get wasted like it sounds like you do, get ready......that posting you did above is going to sound like a breeze compared to what you are in for. And I certainly hope it doesn't take you as long to grow up and act more responsible as it did me.
I am taking your post to heart. Yeah I have done some things that i regret in the past while drinking (getting in fights, public intoxication tickets, getting lost, etc.) but this time was by far the lowest. I blew a great thing that I had with a great girl. Yeah it wasnt that serious yet but who knows what it could have been. I am done with drinking. Thank you for your insight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships