Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times

Advertisements

I'm just not that kind of guy.......I really don't like talking on the phone every night.

Talking every night to someone burns me out fast. I already get tired of people fast as it is and I'm talking about people I don't talk to every night.

Gee-whiz.

Do you call every night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,809,581 times
My husband called me every night...before he was my husband and we were in a long distance relationship. I don't like talking on the phone and sometimes it kind of annoyed me, but I married him anyway. Under normal circumstances I rarely call people.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:12 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
My husband called me every night...before he was my husband and we were in a long distance relationship. I don't like talking on the phone and sometimes it kind of annoyed me, but I married him anyway. Under normal circumstances I rarely call people.
She either email's me, texts me or calls me at least ONCE a day. Usually expecting me to return with a call..............not my style at all.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 PM

134 posts, read 286,198 times
I think it all depends on where you are in the relationship. Most of the guys who have really liked me wanted to hear from, and thus, called me. It doesn't have to be every night. My ex emailed me everyday and still called me every night, but we were REALLY into each other. My personal opinion is if you're really into someone and like them calling won't be an issue. It's something to look forward to especially since everyone is on the email/text thing now-a-days.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,303,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
She either email's me, texts me or calls me at least ONCE a day. Usually expecting me to return with a call..............not my style at all.
Maybe she's waiting for you to offer to pay her phone bill

Old 03-11-2010, 09:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,264,809 times
My guy calls me at least twice a day, and always at 11:00 p.m. on his way to work. It's not always a long call, but it is just to say goodnight. He has always been like that, and we're going on three years.

But other guys called less frequently, especially early on.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Well she's either obsessive or she just freak en likes you. Tell her you were working...sick...tired...helping a friend....saving a kitten from a tree...something good. So she will be oh well he's at a work meeting. Oh he is busy doing this or that. But don't stay away long my friend....ladies, like you men like the feeling of being wanted.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
I'm just not that kind of guy.......I really don't like talking on the phone every night.

Talking every night to someone burns me out fast. I already get tired of people fast as it is and I'm talking about people I don't talk to every night.

Gee-whiz.

Do you call every night?
If you felt the same about her as she does about you, this wouldn't be an issue. Most people, that are truly crazy about someone, want to talk to that person at least once a day. I'm a really independent person, but when I started seeing the guy I am with now, geez...it was all he could do to not call me before noon. And I was just as bad as he was.

Now, the guy I was dating before him, I'd go three days or so without hearing a thing. And then I'd get a text, or an email. But few phone calls. He was busy, very little time during the week, and he just wasn't a phone person, so he said. And I was actually fine with that. It didn't bother me at all. But we couldn't bond that way...it left too much space somehow. The more I got to know him, the more I realized he was lacking the sincerity/warmth/emotion that I want. I think he knew that he didn't have that in him, but didn't know what to do about it. In the end, I walked away. There just wasn't anything to stay for. hopefully, this is not the issue for you.

Really, I really don't get how talking every night to someone you are seeing can "burn you out". If you care about the person, that just sounds really odd.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 03-11-2010 at 09:35 PM..

Old 03-11-2010, 09:21 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,470 times
Quote:

Gee-whiz.

Do you call every night?
No, I don't. I'm with you, man: I hate phones, especially cells. My current gf used to be just like the one you're talking about in your post; when we first began dating about three months ago she wanted to talk on the phone everyday. But I just explained to her that I'm not a phone guy, and would much rather talk in person. She accepted that and things are now great--we talk maybe twice a week on the phone, but see each other probably every other day, and spend the night together maybe twice a week. So..that's my advice to you: be upfront with her and tell her you just don't dig phones. It's a win-win situation: if she accepts your desire than, cool: you got that out of the way and can move on to scheduling far more important htings than phone calls. Like booty calls.
And if she has a problem with you not wanting to talk on the phone everynight like a teenage girl, then you know she's too posessive and/or insecure/juvenile and thus probably not worth pursuing a relationship with.
Oh yeah: I gotta admit I still can't cure her of her texting habit; she texts me everyday; but at least I don't have to text or call back.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,303,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If you felt the same about her as she does about you, this wouldn't be an issue. I've never known anyone, that was truly crazy about someone, that did NOT want to talk to that person at least once a day. I'm a really independent person, but when I started seeing the guy I am with now, geez...it was all he could do to not call me before noon. And I was just as bad as he was.

Really, I really don't get how talking every night to someone you are seeing can "burn you out". If you care about the person, that just sounds really odd.
^^^^ That's what I think... so maybe you're just not that into her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships