Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 05:16 PM

609 posts, read 613,377 times

Advertisements

Wow and she is your friend?
That is pretty damn terrible.
He should be the one to let her know.
Make better choices next time. People like you really **** me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 05:22 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,857,054 times
I'm an old guy so please tell me what "making out" entails.

Is it kissing....touching certain areas of the body.....limited undressing....lot of clothes removal....close to Sex but none.

I seem to remember a "roll in the hay" was our "making out" or the cats meow as some may have called it.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:49 PM

11,132 posts, read 7,869,052 times
Default Sorry, but you are " that person"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melindaa View Post
Before you start judging me, I feel really bad and I know that I can't blame alcohol or just him, but I definetily think that it's not just my fault. I personally hate cheaters and think that if you can't be with just one person you should be single so I kinda hate myself right mow because I don't want to be that person.
Should we or I tell his girlfriend? Should I try not to see him anymore? Any general thoughts? Unbiased opinions are very welcome. I maybe just needed to get this off my chest because I have no one to talk to about this but you can still tell me what you think.
It doesn't work that way.. Once you choose to air your dirty laundry on a public forum you can't cherry pick the responses. If you really hated cheaters.. You wouldn't be one.
As for telling her... Being the wonderful person that you are I suspect that you motive for telling her would be more for your self interest than hers. You're probably thinking that if she got upset and kicked him to the curb, you'd have a clear shot at taking her spot. How can you call yourself a friend if you knowingly enable him to cheat on his girlfriend? How can you even contemplate going to a party and coming face to face with her, acting like her friend? That's just sick!

Old 06-16-2015, 05:54 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,475,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

Is it kissing....touching certain areas of the body.....limited undressing....lot of clothes removal....close to Sex but none.

I seem to remember a "roll in the hay" was our "making out" or the cats meow as some may have called it.
Dude you really don't know what making out is?

Old 06-16-2015, 05:54 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,253,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
It doesn't work that way.. Once you choose to air your dirty laundry on a public forum you can't cherry pick the responses. If you really hated cheaters.. You wouldn't be one.
As for telling her... Being the wonderful person that you are I suspect that you motive for telling her would be more for your self interest than hers. You're probably thinking that if she got upset and kicked him to the curb, you'd have a clear shot at taking her spot. How can you call yourself a friend if you knowingly enable him to cheat on his girlfriend? How can you even contemplate going to a party and coming face to face with her, acting like her friend? That's just sick!
Of course, that's the only reason she would say something. It's not because she hates cheaters lmao

Old 06-16-2015, 07:32 PM

176 posts, read 188,759 times
This can be a valuable lesson for you, Melindaa, and the way you'll behave from now on can determine the outcome. His dishonesty it's his problem, so, don't worry about that anymore, and start paying more attention to yourself. This may seem like fun now and that you've got it under control, but it can very well stop being like this for you very soon. You may develop feelings for this guy, it's easier for women to do that than for men, especially when sexual attraction is involved, and while you happily agree to hide what's going on between you two now, this can hurt you a lot in the near future.

Do you know how most stories like this end? When you'll finally sleep with him, because that's what he's really after, you'll fall in love, but he's going to fully concentrate on his girlfriend again (because he got what he wanted) and he'll stop paying any attention to you, and you'll get hurt. Besides, some people will find out, because they always do, and there will be some unpleasant things said about you and maybe other guys who could have an interest in you, will think of approaching you in a less well intended and elegant way. Who knows, you might even get comfortable being the other woman and continue this way, without giving yourself the chance of a healthy positive relationship that could help you grow as a person and a woman and make you happy.

Are this attraction you feel for him and the hidden games you two play worth so much? I doubt it. Be a smart girl, stop any interaction with him, concentrate on other things, other people, and little by little you'll forget about him and you'll spare yourself of hurt, embarrassment and more guilt, while you'll give yourself the opportunity of meeting someone really nice who sees you and treats you as the one and only. Be strong, do the right thing and sacrifice this silly attraction for the real happiness. Learn to take good decisions for yourself and you'll be grateful for it.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:48 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,413,038 times
I would say adios to the whole lot of them.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:37 PM

315 posts, read 209,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

1. Making out is a term of American origin, dating back to at least 1949, and is used variously to refer to kissing, petting and necking, but may also refer to non-penetrative sex acts such as heavy petting.

Making out - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-17-2015, 04:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,477,644 times
Let me get this straight.

1. You are somewhat friendly with this girl.
2. You know she's with a guy
3. You made out with her guy, knowing full well that if she ever finds out, she would be royally pissed and he would be in deep trouble.
4. You want to tell her that YOU made out with her guy so that she would be royally pissed at you and he would be pissed at you for telling on him.

How screwed up are you, seriously? I would not be surprised that both of them would want to see you seriously hurt after that, and you know what, I don't blame them. People like you should not go unpunished.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,090,283 times
Nobody is perfect. Sometimes people make mistakes. And then they learn from them. They don't keep making them and act like it's fine. If he showed any remorse at all - I would say that maybe if be broke up with his girlfriend, there might be something between the two of you. But he's just outright flirting with you and making light of his own situation. This obviously isn't bothering him. He seems to be getting off on it. That's bad news. As for you telling his girlfriend? Yeah - nobody's going to tell you that that is the right thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships