Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 05:57 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times

Advertisements

I think a few women have weird prerequisites for men, and vice versa.
The writer had to really search to find these women. It would be more believable if he threw in some normal stuff too and asked 100 random women.

I could do the same with men:
Some men want someone comfortable with cross dressing.

Some guys want a "mommy" to take care of them.

Some guys like the hot yet dumb girl.

Some guys like young women just for sex or for manipulative reasons.

But most guys just want a compatible woman for a real relationship, just like women do.

Seriously, people aren't that picky in real life. Poor people, ugly people, weird people, old people etc... Find mates and match up all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 08:10 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Most of these women are unusual, but some of the things aren't that far out of the mainstream, either. Of course there are men with strange desires and attitudes as well - maybe they'd be good matches for these women.

I look for balance - a woman whose boobs are as big as her brain! LOL (And I really do appreciate intelligence.)

Old 06-20-2015, 08:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
The beauty of free speech and press is that people like the author are free to publish their drivel... and we are free to have some choice words, a big ol' donkey laugh at her expense, and a chance to dispel the myth that all women like/dislike the same things.

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-22-2015 at 01:00 PM..

Old 06-20-2015, 08:25 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,510 times
Shrug.

The author tried really hard to find some of those women who had weird preferences. In other words, the author's intent was shock value. Shock value leads to site clicks and people sharing on social media and forums like C-D. Hey, it's good business for them...so I'm not gonna hate. This type of article seems to be quite common on Thought Catalog.

Also, people want and prefer different things in a partner. That naturally lends itself to a small percentage of people having outlier, eccentric or bizarre tastes. News at 11.

Although a few of those things probably aren't all that uncommon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Um, you can't take seriously anything any of those posters who were in their twenties were saying. In fact, the whole article is BS just because of how many people who are 21 give their opinion. Who the hell cares what a 21 year old thinks?
This is true, too. Many people's preferences will change as they get a bit older, more mature and gain more life experience. And many people in their early 20s are just looking for something casual and/or fun. Heck, early twenty-somethings still have a lot to learn about themselves.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:28 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
#2 "I don't have the patience for intercourse"

Signed - Dental hygienist.

Sounds like a barrel o' fun, that one.

Yeah, I read that one and thought... Jeez.... what a hardon killer that broad is. I mean, I don't expect a woman to be a sexual endurance athlete, but when I read that line I did this so hard I think I pulled a muscle.

The article has subtones to it that really at the end of the day make women look bad... I wonder if there was some kind of agenda, or was it just putting it out there.... who knows and really who gives a F... at the end of the day... LOL...

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-20-2015 at 08:46 AM..

Old 06-20-2015, 08:29 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Is there still a correlation if she has some aftermarket options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Most of these women are unusual, but some of the things aren't that far out of the mainstream, either. Of course there are men with strange desires and attitudes as well - maybe they'd be good matches for these women.

I look for balance - a woman whose boobs are as big as her brain! LOL (And I really do appreciate intelligence.)

Old 06-20-2015, 08:40 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Is there still a correlation if she has some aftermarket options?
If she also added aftermarket education, then perhaps! Good point though.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:44 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The beauty of free speech and press is that people like the author are free to publish their drivel... and we are free to have some choice words, a big ol' donkey laugh at her expense, and a chance to dispel the myth that all women like/dislike the same things.
Agreed. Censorship is the worst idea ever.

Sorry it offends your tender sensibilities, Adi. You brought this on yourself. So stop blaming others and taking some ownership over yourself.

As far as the article, I can see some valid points. It is not an instance of always and every instance.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:47 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
I can't relate to any of those really. Maybe the closest was the one who was looking for a dumb guy, but that's only because I think there are different kinds of intelligence, not because I'm looking for a dumb-ass. I've dated a lot of very smart men who weren't academically accomplished but had other forms of knowledge/intelligence.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:01 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
This article is about women going to extremes, and the answer to having a happy relationship lies somewhere in the middle. These ladies sort of remind me of some of the members on this forum who want to move from MN. to AZ. because they are sick of the cold. Of course once they move to AZ. they get on the forum to complain about the dry desert heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships