Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM

832 posts, read 1,417,959 times

Advertisements

Wellll... most of the females here seem to be denying that they do or have thought these things. Since the article says,"never publicly admit to" I guess that would line up. And since this particular board thrives off the same 20 people claiming to be not like the rest in order to sell themselves to the same other 20 people who state the same thing (yet no one has any interest in dating others who incessantly post on this board), I wouldn't expect anything less.

I'll be honest and say sure, I've felt some of them or I can relate.

1. I had this issue when I was in my 20s A lack of self confidence and failure to see what's in the mirror. Many women think this. But on CD, we're all Betty Boop with a brain. As an adult? The thought still crosses my mind from time to time. I won't deny it. It's not reasonable, but I'm not always reasonable.

2. No. Never had this thought. I've had similar thoughts in a relationships with people I'm not physically attracted to and I really do not want to have sex with them. I can also imagine that a woman with 3 young kids and a spouse with high sex drive might let this thought slip into her head too. Ya get tired. Such is life.

3. No. I've never been attracted to "underachievers". But I have been attracted to guys who do simple jobs who keep life simple. Huge difference.

4. Many women, maybe the bulk of them, do not like [Mod cut.]. And it seems to me that men are confused about how they want the woman to feel about giving them. I heard a saying once that if you can imagine enjoying [bleep], then you're about as high on the attracted to him level you can go. I believe it.

5. Sort of true. Being with a chauvinist has its perks. He might expect a hot dinner, but it's nice not to have to mow the lawn because it's a "man's job".

6. Sort of yeah. Especially after I read manosphere blogs which say that women over 28 are useless hags who should only be toyed with or used as a bucket. It's very depressing. I don't know how common that outlook is, but it seems to be increasing.

7. No. There may be women out there who think it's wonderful, but my vagina is the standard 4" long and I've got no use for anything much over that. My uterus thanks me.

8. Sort of. Dust balls don't eat much. I'd rather spend my time doing something other than cleaning.

9. Certainly this thought has crossed my mind. I don't doubt that it's crossed every woman's mind from time to time. Ya get tired.

10. Have thought this too. I love my uninterrupted, and guilt free solo time (not only alone but no worry he's going to knock on the door any second and ask for a sandwich). So far it's men who have clinging issues that seem to be... the most difficult relationships for me.

11. As far as I know, I'm not "barren", but I have no interest in being a mother. I've ruled it out 99.99999999% because there might be a guy who changes my mind somewhere in the universe.

12. Every girl I know wants to be worshiped. They might hate to admit it, but there's nothing that boosts your confidence like knowing the guy you love, loves you even more for every thing. Including the wobbly bits.

Now then... let the "OMG, THAT'S NOT EVERY WOMAN AND IT'S NOOOOOOT ME!!!! YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE!!" posters have at it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-22-2015 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 09:53 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
lol betty boop. I can see where she's getting that.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:09 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansea View Post
That's an absurd list.

I question its authenticity.
Agreed. I am sure such women exist, but the author would have had to sift through thousands of comments just to find these 12 odd balls, I am certain the author did not do that for some internet story she got paid $100 to write. And there is no assurance that the women that wrote the comments were not just pranking. The author does not even attempt to explain the source of these comments.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Agreed. I am sure such women exist, but the author would have had to sift through thousands of comments just to find these 12 odd balls, I am certain the author did not do that for some internet story she got paid $100 to write. And there is no assurance that the women that wrote the comments were not just pranking. The author does not even attempt to explain the source of these comments.
But if you "like" her on Facebook, you can get her stellar guidance AND see her Instagram of her flashing her pink underwear. (No, not joking.)

Old 06-21-2015, 10:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
But if you "like" her on Facebook, you can get her stellar guidance AND see her Instagram of her flashing her pink underwear. (No, not joking.)
Are you serious!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

Did she look good? Is it worth it?

Old 06-21-2015, 10:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Are you serious!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

Did she look good? Is it worth it?
She's not my type, but it was entertaining.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:50 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I can agree with comment number 1. IF I was a goodlooking man I would cheat every chance I get.
So, if you'd be so eager to cheat when in a relationship, why bother to look for a relationship at all? Why don't you simply remain a happy life-long bachelor? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, you know.

That's not to say that I don't understand the TEMPTATION to stray when in a LTR, because, believe me, I certainly do. But thinking about it when one is feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, and neglected by the responsibilities and disappointments that LTRS inevitably bring, and actually going ahead and ACTING on the temptation are two very different things.

No, if you truly believe that you would cheat "every chance [you] got" - and be proud of it! - then you are NOT LTR material. Not at all. Just enjoy being single for life.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:07 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
A mirror. Gotta have a strategically mounted mirror.
I really like the sound of that, Math, but what exactly is "strategically placed"? On the ceiling? And is there any good way to explain the strategically placed mirror to house guests, including the in-laws?

Old 06-21-2015, 11:26 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
House guests can either quit snooping and mind their own business, or just fill in the blanks for themselves
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I really like the sound of that, Math, but what exactly is "strategically placed"? On the ceiling? And is there any good way to explain the strategically placed mirror to house guests, including the in-laws?

Old 06-21-2015, 11:34 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Got a kick out of them. Some people are a bit whacked, that's for sure (reading some of those answers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships