Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 06:34 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Personally, I think the friend is extremely stupid to even go along with this. Basically risking his life but also potentially causing the girlfriend to suffer PTSD. As someone who was a victim of a burglary as a child, I think OP and friend should spend a day with people who have suffered PTSD from robbery attempts and break-ins, I don't find this a laughing matter at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 06:38 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
You did what?

Walks away, shaking head.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-21-2015 at 06:56 AM..

Old 06-21-2015, 07:39 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roedger View Post
Well this is brief. I was testing my gf of nearly 4 years in her skills regarding self-defense. My best friend was suppose to be the robber with a fake gun.

Well to make the story short, she left my friend on the floor with a bloody nose and the fake gun in her hand. I had to stop her else she would have kept hitting my friend but when she realized this wasn't real, she was upset with us. She's more upset with me. When I met, she knew some moves but I decided to teach her more and the last trick I taught her was how to take away a gun from an attacker.

I just wanted to see if she was prepared (this is something that can happen in real life and wanted to see what she would do if I wasn't there and yes she did a lot more than I expected; a fast learner indeed) but didn't mean harm. She was yelling at me about how scared for her life she was and how it's messed up what we did. It's been a whole day and she won't talk to me still. Tried apologizing but she's too upset.
You set your girlfriend up by having your friend pretend to attack her. You are sick. She should dump you. She could probably file criminal charges against both of you. Disgusting.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:43 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,669,806 times
Obviously the only way out is to hope your girlfriend becomes the target of a real armed robber who she then disarms by performing the moves you taught her. That way she can truly appreciate the value of your dress rehearsal.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Obviously the only way out is to hope your girlfriend becomes the target of a real armed robber who she then disarms by performing the moves you taught her. That way she can truly appreciate the value of your dress rehearsal.
right, wish for something bad to happen to her, yeah thats the ticket

Old 06-22-2015, 11:47 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Alright I know it was a jerkish move. Anything to ease her, make her feel better? I thought I was really doing it for her own good to get her prepare for the real bad world where there are real robbers and thugs out there.
The only robber and thug is you!

You robbed her of peace.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:21 PM

678 posts, read 697,730 times
Quote:
Well this is brief. I was testing my gf of nearly 4 years in her skills regarding self-defense. My best friend was suppose to be the robber with a fake gun.

Well to make the story short, she left my friend on the floor with a bloody nose and the fake gun in her hand. I had to stop her else she would have kept hitting my friend but when she realized this wasn't real, she was upset with us. She's more upset with me. When I met, she knew some moves but I decided to teach her more and the last trick I taught her was how to take away a gun from an attacker.

I just wanted to see if she was prepared (this is something that can happen in real life and wanted to see what she would do if I wasn't there and yes she did a lot more than I expected; a fast learner indeed) but didn't mean harm. She was yelling at me about how scared for her life she was and how it's messed up what we did. It's been a whole day and she won't talk to me still. Tried apologizing but she's too upset.

That's how you do it! you gotta train her! then put her on a leash! Then make an out house for her in the backyard to go poop!

Old 06-22-2015, 12:23 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Live and learn

....but seriously what did you think was going to happen?

Old 06-22-2015, 12:33 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:

Dealbreaker. I'd have walked out on you and never looked back.

ETA: I take that back. I'd have punched you in the face, then walked out on you and never looked back.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:02 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Dealbreaker. I'd have walked out on you and never looked back.

ETA: I take that back. I'd have punched you in the face, then walked out on you and never looked back.
My 'punch' would have been about 3 feet lower and it wouldn't have been just one....
OP: dude... really? I know you must be saying 'Why did I do that?' a zillion times, and if you haven't - then you truly don't understand the seriousness of your actions.

I hope - I pray! - that you've learned a very valuable lesson here... that your idea was beyond stupid - and if she stays with you, you won't EVER - E-V-E-R do anything like this again.

I wish you luck - I really do... both in getting her to stay with you and for your future decision making decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships