Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 06:52 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times

Advertisements

I've always believed in love and commitment, so I really wanted to be married and have kids. I had my share of failed relationships, less than forthright men, heartache, and many emotional scars before my dh found me. I really wasn't very trusting by that point, but he won me over with his honesty, kindness, helpfulness, stability, and persistence. After 27 years of marriage, and raising two kids to adulthood, I can honestly say my husband has truly been a blessing. We've had rough spots, but knowing that I have someone that will be there for me during the good and bad has made all the difference in my life. It's definitely worth waiting for and/or pursuing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 12:04 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I just returned from a wedding of an absolutely delightful couple in their thirties. At the reception, the bride and groom invited all of the married couples to join them on the floor for an anniversary dance. As I looked around, I was overwhelmed with emotion. We all looked so happy. It wasn't an exuberant kind of happy, but more of a deeply-satisfied joy, and I started to well up. It is a wondrous thing indeed to love someone so completely through all of life's ups and downs.

*The couple in attendance who had been married the longest was preparing to celebrate their 63rd anniversary!

My folks just had their 65rd....

Old 06-21-2015, 12:08 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
My folks just had their 65rd....
That is incredible! I hope to get there, too.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:25 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
This thread isn't for you.
Dang it! Always a bride's maid, never a bride!... Oh wait, I don't want to be a bride. Rock on posters!

Old 06-21-2015, 12:28 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I like being with someone, having that special someone beside you is nice.

I think being single is highly overrated, at least it always was to me, but to each their own.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:34 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
It all depends on my job. For now, I'm best off single, because I need to earn a good buck for my sweat and will go to the location which provides me with the quickest opportunity to become financially stable. Once I get tired of being swatted from coast to coast doing that, I'll finally settle down in one place ideal for me and be ready for long term.

I always liked traveling alone, unbounded, to new places, and this is the age to do it .

Old 06-21-2015, 12:39 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,720 times
Quote:
As I get older(41y/o) the more I have a desire to get into a long term relationship and I think more about marriage.

Now that I have a certain level of maturity and appreciation for certain aspects of life, I feel even more than ever it is very important to share my life in a serious long term relationship.

Anyone feel as if a long term relationship is the right fit for them also?
Absolutely! I feel the same way, the problem is the older you get the less folks that are eligible! That is the problem I am having. The older you get also the more baggage your partner will have too! It's a double edged sword I guess.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:44 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
I don't. I'm perfectly content with flings, FWBs, or other assorted NSA sex.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:49 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
That is incredible! I hope to get there, too.

Thank you~ And likewise...

Old 06-21-2015, 12:54 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Quote:
As I get older(41y/o) the more I have a desire to get into a long term relationship and I think more about marriage.

Now that I have a certain level of maturity and appreciation for certain aspects of life, I feel even more than ever it is very important to share my life in a serious long term relationship.

Anyone feel as if a long term relationship is the right fit for them also?
I have generally felt ok either way in the past.

I have been in a LTR for the past 12 years and I do not desire to be out of it becuase it is a fantastic realtionship with a great and understanding person.

If hypothetically this realtionship when to crap at some point and we ended it, I feel like the older I get the less likely I am to want a committed LTR.

The barrier to entry and getting to know and finding "GOOD" people is just too much for me. I am far less sociable than I ever was and find it to be a chore with most people the older and older I get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships