Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:22 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,582 times

Advertisements

How ANYBODY on here - after seeing this thread - can think it's real - is amazing.

If it is real - we'll be reading about this 18 year old girl who was 'in love' with her 50 year old father, er, I mean boyfriend...
Please... where's the channel changer?

Old 06-22-2015, 11:22 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,845,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owls19 View Post
My parents would kill me because he's 50. For us the age doesn't matter. We get along so well and he knows me so well. We could be on Skype and he knows exactly what I'm thinking just by looking at my facial expressions. He's everything that I've been looking for in a guy.
Honey, you need dump him fast
He wants you because you are young and dumb.
What does a fifty year old man has common with a teenager?

Old 06-22-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
How ANYBODY on here - after seeing this thread - can think it's real - is amazing.

If it is real - we'll be reading about this 18 year old girl who was 'in love' with her 50 year old father, er, I mean boyfriend...
Please... where's the channel changer?
Alot girls go through an older guy phrase.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:31 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,601,367 times
If this thread is real . . .

OP, LDRs (long distance romances) seldom work, and there is too much of an age difference, and you are being used.

I know this will hurt, but tell him that your parents said you can't contact him anymore and stop seeing him now. You will save yourself a ton of grief! It is short-term pain for long-term gain.

Fill in the gap with volunteer work or some other activity that tires you out. Don't think about him. In about three weeks or so, you'll feel much better.

In the future, DO NOT get involved with online dating. Stick to guys in the real world who are close to your age.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post

OP, LDRs (long distance romances) seldom work, and there is too much of an age difference, and you are being used.

I know this will hurt, but tell him that your parents said you can't contact him anymore and stop seeing him now. You will save yourself a ton of grief! It is short-term pain for long-term gain.

Fill in the gap with volunteer work or some other activity that tires you out. Don't think about him. In about three weeks or so, you'll feel much better.

In the future, DO NOT get involved with online dating. Stick to guys in the real world who are close to your age.
My OLD rule is that we need meet up within week of talking

Old 06-22-2015, 11:36 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
I have their very immature and it was a horrible situation. People who know me really well say that I'm more mature for my age and I actually agree. I know that I need someone older who will actually understand me and I've found that in my boyfriend

If you are so mature why are you afraid of your parents and threatened by them taking away your cell phone and computer?

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-22-2015 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:38 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,129,262 times
Quote:
My parents would kill me because he's 50. For us the age doesn't matter. We get along so well and he knows me so well. We could be on Skype and he knows exactly what I'm thinking just by looking at my facial expressions. He's everything that I've been looking for in a guy.
In this case, absolutely do not visit him, EVER. Do not be alone with him, EVER.

If you really think that you are in love (LOL) ask him to come to meet your parents ASAP. But, I suspect that he is some type of deviant.

BTW, I dated my husband for 8 years before we married and it was "love at first sight" (truly). We have now been married 38 years.

I bet if you dated him in real life for 8 weeks or maybe even 8 days you would really that he is just conning you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Honey, you need dump him fast
He wants you because you are young and dumb.
What does a fifty year old man has common with a teenager?

Old 06-22-2015, 11:38 AM

11 posts, read 7,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post

My parent's don't know about him and I don't like guys my age their too immature for me.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM

25 posts, read 27,115 times
Quote:
I've been dating this guy for several months now long distance
This is not dating. People online can be anything they want to be (on the Internet no one knows you're a dog). You have never met this person outside of chats, maybe texts, *maybe* even a phone conversation. Place yourself in the shoes of your parents, would you want your daughter going to another state to do the same.

You have your whole life ahead of you to be putting yourself at risk at someone happening to you by visiting someone. Let alone if you decided to do so, you likely would NOT tell your parents: "Hey I will be here... Here is the address, phone number, his parents #" and so forth.

You will do what your heart tells you to do ultimately, however I simply state: "Think before you leap." Decisions made on emotions never work. Things are never really thought out as the person is acting on impulse. If you care for him so much, and he feels similar, he - and you - can wait until the timing is right in YOUR life. Not just because you want to rush something

Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
My parent's don't know about him ...
Because you know it's wrong.

Grow up. Stop lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.