Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:55 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Oh please, if you cannot figure out Naive, Platonic and Honey on your own I seriously doubt you will ever understand rego's post as it is even if someone tried to explain it to you but I'll give it a shot.

The original poster is playing a game and she knows she is playing a game but she is trying to make others believe she is not playing said game.
If you read other posts you will see the pattern and there is no need for a glowing red rocket science degree to figure it out.
Pretty much.

Sorry for the typos, my phone just does it regardless of what I write.
If you can't understand the post just take this as my answer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 06:03 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Pretty much.

Sorry for the typos, my phone just does it regardless of what I write.
If you can't understand the post just take this as my answer
Actually, it wasn't the typos. Autocorrect notwithstanding, those were the most understandable parts of your post.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-24-2015 at 06:22 AM..

Old 06-24-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Actually, it wasn't the typos. Autocorrect notwithstanding, those were the most understandable parts of your post.
Can't help you then, sorry.
It's pretty straight forward.

- Girl with history of troubles "understanding guys"
- Keeps "Liking" guys from workplace
- Keeps getting in to "friendships" with guys she "likes"
- guy she likes starts dropping information about his current realtionship and how unimportant it is to him.
- Guy she "likes" stops treating her like a priority after speaking his mind about her while his inhibitions are dropped
- Girl now upset guy spends more time with other people and doesn't give her special treatment.

The way she presents the issue is that this is all about losing the friendship when she has demonstrated their was always more here than just a simple friendship, on her mind and eventually his.

When he dealt his hand it was met with nothing, it went ignored. He moved away from taking it any further with her as a result, It was a rejection of intentions.

All the "maybe I kinda sorta but not really like him that way I dunno" and "he did this and he did that" talk is just an attempt to take her own personal responsibility out and put the issues presented and place them on everyone and everything else around her.

Approaching things in this way, when and if things blow up, or people get hurt or what you honestly desired isn't met you have someone else to blame that isn't yourself.

It's a guard to protect ourselves from our own insecurities

Last edited by rego00123; 06-24-2015 at 07:20 AM..

Old 06-24-2015, 07:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Can't help you then, sorry.
It's pretty straight forward.

- Girl with history of troubles "understanding guys"
- Keeps "Liking" guys from workplace
- Keeps getting in to "friendships" with guys she "likes"
- guy she likes starts dropping information about his current realtionship and how unimportant it is to him.
- Guy she "likes" stops treating her like a priority after speaking his mind about her while his inhibitions are dropped
- Girl now upset guy spends more time with other people and doesn't give her special treatment.

The way she presents the issue is that this is all about losing the friendship when she has demonstrated their was always more here than just a simple friendship, on her mind and eventually his.

When he dealt his hand it was met with nothing, it went ignored. He moved away from taking it any further with her as a result, It was a rejection of intentions.

All the "maybe I kinda sorta but not really like him that way I dunno" and "he did this and he did that" talk is just an attempt to take her own personal responsibility out and put the issues presented and place them on everyone and everything else around her.

Approaching things in this way, when and if things blow up, or people get hurt or what you honestly desired isn't met you have someone else to blame that isn't yourself.

It's a guard to protect ourselves from our own insecurities
You just DID help me. Much more clearly written post. Thank you.

What you say makes sense, but not all of us have followed the OP's posting history, so we're not all familiar with any "games" or "patterns" in her behavior. I tend not to keep up with the love lives of twenty-somethings.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You just DID help me. Much more clearly written post. Thank you.

What you say makes sense, but not all of us have followed the OP's posting history, so we're not all familiar with any "games" or "patterns" in her behavior. I tend not to keep up with the love lives of twenty-somethings.

I tend not to as well, but their seems to be an outbreak of girls having issues with their male coworkers over the last year and I can't keep up with them all. They are all so similar in nature and similarly written.

A quick check of post history usually throws me back on track of this is a repeat poster or a brand new one to lose track of.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:53 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLili84 View Post

Anybody have an idea as to why he might be acting like this?
Maybe it's because he really wants to change his "isn't 100% committed to her" to 100%.
Maybe he sees you as a threat to that because (like he said) he thought you so beautiful and unlike other girls.
Maybe the woman he's dating found out he took you for birthday drinks and her nose went out of joint.
Are you looking for a fling?...I think he is...
Maybe he's decided he feels ashamed of his dating another woman and coming onto you at the same time.
Maybe when he complimented you he was hoping you'd show more of an interest in being the one he would absolutely commit and be monogamous with, or at least be his lover until he does/does not.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:22 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
He's probably doing it because he confessed all these things to you and you basically just gave him a "thanks" and moved on to another subject. It may have been a big deal for him to say those things to you, and he might have expected a more substantial response from you, or some confession of your feelings for him. He probably feels like he put himself out there for nothing and now he feels foolish, so he's putting up an ego-wall for the purpose of not getting hurt any further.

My guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My guess is he expected you to swoon and has backed off because you didn't. His feelings might be hurt, or you might just be seeing the real guy when he's not trying to be charming. Not 100% committed, except for the right girl who could be youuuuuu ... oh brother.
both of these are pretty much right on. he wanted and was expecting a different response from you than he got, and chances are he is feeling either a bit stupid, or rejected, or both.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
He did put up a wall. I'd say he started developing feelings for you, but doesn't want to take it any further for one reason or another.
Yep, this mostly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships