Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,589 times

Advertisements

After replying to so many relationship threads here, I thought I'd ask C-D for advice on my own situation. Please note I am legit, not a first-time poster with a wacky story.

I'm seeing 2 girls, casually. The truth is, they both know each other, but are not friends with each other.

Bachelorette #1
is a opinionated hippie chick. She's covered in tattoos, and I know she smokes pot - neither of which I like. There's definitely a tug-of-wills going on between us. She has told me to my face that I am an Egoist, a control freak, and told me I should change how I think & act to be more like 'her theory', which is what I call that Think-n-Grow-Rich positive affirmations and other liberal hippie claptrap she heard on a yoga mat.
She has a slamming bod, very average face, makes good money, and is closer to me in age. She thinks she's hot $#@!, I DONT - which bizarrely propels my confidence around her. I dont think she wants anything more than a summer fling, and she was drunk the night we met. (We've been somewhat physical already). She's the type to just shrug if you confront her about sleeping with other guys. But she thinks I'm a Player (albeit somewhat inept), so we're therefore equally matched. Despite me seeming to p*ss-her-off, she at least thinks about me when we DONT see each other. It's so hard to find someone who even cares.
I fear that I would just another notch on her lipstick case.
I've known 'of her' for about 5 months, but we have been hanging out a couple times more lately.

Bachelorette #2
is a very bright, personable poly sci/journalism major at a local college.
She has no tats, no drugs, very politically aware, somewhat more conservative, never seen her drink or even talk about it. She's a BROKE single mom, and grew up in a pretty rough, abusive environment and has no contact with any family (baby daddy is long gone too, she promises) but seems to have a good attitude / practicality about the ugly side of life she's seen (she's had counseling).
We have a fantastic mental connection, we talk for hours about everything and nothing. Last weekend she gave me a movie to watch (art house film) and when I talked seriously about HOW to write & publish a book she's got brewing in her head, she got so excited I think she almost kissed me. (We have not been on a real date, but we txt). Her child is VERY young, but she appears more open to the idea of dating as the months have gone by and we've been talking.
She has a nice bod, beautiful face (but she doesn't think she is beautiful), makes peanuts as a waitress/server/student, and is probably too young for me.
I fear that dating her will be a 100% expense on me, no worse - I think she'll ask for ME to pay for the babysitter when I ask her out.
To be honest, I think she's wifey material in 2 years (if she doesn't come with $80,000 in student loans)

So my relationship question is, which do you chose, or neither, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 04:19 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
After replying to so many relationship threads here, I thought I'd ask C-D for advice on my own situation. Please note I am legit, not a first-time poster with a wacky story.

I'm seeing 2 girls, casually. The truth is, they both know each other, but are not friends with each other.

Bachelorette #1
is a opinionated hippie chick. She's covered in tattoos, and I know she smokes pot - neither of which I like. There's definitely a tug-of-wills going on between us. She has told me to my face that I am an Egoist, a control freak, and told me I should change how I think & act to be more like 'her theory', which is what I call that Think-n-Grow-Rich positive affirmations and other liberal hippie claptrap she heard on a yoga mat.
She has a slamming bod, very average face, makes good money, and is closer to me in age. She thinks she's hot $#@!, I DONT - which bizarrely propels my confidence around her. I dont think she wants anything more than a summer fling, and she was drunk the night we met. (We've been somewhat physical already). She's the type to just shrug if you confront her about sleeping with other guys. But she thinks I'm a Player (albeit somewhat inept), so we're therefore equally matched. Despite me seeming to p*ss-her-off, she at least thinks about me when we DONT see each other. It's so hard to find someone who even cares.
I've known 'of her' for about 5 months, but we have been hanging out a couple times more lately.

Bachelorette #2
She has no tats, no drugs, very politically aware, somewhat more conservative, never seen her drink or even talk about it. She's a BROKE single mom, and grew up in a pretty rough, abusive environment and has no contact with any family (baby daddy is long gone too, she promises) but seems to have a good attitude / practicality about the ugly side of life she's seen (she's had counseling).
We have a fantastic mental connection, we talk for hours about everything and nothing. Last weekend she gave me a movie to watch (art house film) and when I talked seriously about HOW to write & publish a book she's got brewing in her head, she got so excited I think she almost kissed me. (We have not been on a real date, but we txt). Her child is VERY young, but she appears more open to the idea of dating as the months have gone by and we've been talking.
She has a nice bod, beautiful face (but she doesn't think she is beautiful), makes peanuts as a waitress/server/student, and is probably too young for me.
I fear that dating her will be a 100% expense on me, no worse - I think she'll ask for ME to pay for the babysitter when I ask her out.
To be honest, I think she's wifey material in 2 years (if she doesn't come with $80,000 in student loans)

It would be neither for me, but you seem to like Bachelorette #2, so good luck!

Old 06-23-2015, 04:25 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:

Bachelorette #1

Bachelorette #2

I'd do the fling with number one. #2 is too broke for my liking and she has a kid, big no-no in D's world.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:57 AM

745 posts, read 801,151 times
What is your long-term game plan? A lay for a while or an LTR?

#2 if it's the latter, good things are not always an instant payoff.

With #1, she's always going to be a ***** who you have no chance with long term...

I have no idea about your expenses or income, but if you are that worried about having to pay for a babysitter when you go out, I would imagine you are in no shape to even be dating someone like this, but there could be a big payoff when she graduates, gets a nice job and you can get married.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:01 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Since no one here is dating them, other than you, it really doesnt matter what anyone here thinks. Its your funeral.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:02 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:

Bachelorette #1

Bachelorette #2

The tattoos are an instant disqualifier, but women with tattoos are probably more sexual because they seek more attention and validation.

A single mom is not always a good idea.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:12 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Doesn't sound like you're seeing either of them.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:

Bachelorette #1

Bachelorette #2

Neither!

They are both horrible choices.

Keep searching!

Old 06-23-2015, 06:44 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Simple... Flip a coin: heads for the pot head, tails for broke single mom.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:59 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Are you this desperate? Choose "none of the above".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships