Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 11:42 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Tell me again how exactly would you describe a man's "predicament", when a woman engaged in casual sex faces all these threats to her peace of mind, health and security. Where's the empathy for what a woman has to deal with? And she's giving the man free sex and he has the nerve to kick up dust about wearing protection? We certainly live in an age of spoiled, petulant little ***ssies. I don't have time for any of it!
Nice try. Men face all the various health risks that women do when entering into hook-up situations. As regards pregnancy... with the possible exception of street prostitutes, nearly all women know at least enough about a guy to be able to find him if and when a pregnancy should occur. It isn't the guys fault if she can't make peace with a termination. And she should know better than to be surprised if he is angry if she decides to keep it and nail him for child support. I didn't say men shouldn't or do not wear condoms. They do. I just offered that a lot of women's attitudes regarding condoms sucks. Luckily such women are balanced out by other kinds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 11:53 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,329 times
Can't buy a condom why even go back.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:21 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post

Was that an intentional pun?
Not at all

Quote:
You would be amazed at how many people don't have good condom sense.
Safety First: 14 Common Condom Use Errors | Contraception & Birth Control | STDs & Pregnancy

10 Completely Wrong Ways to Use a Condom - HowStuffWorks

http://www.cdc.gov/condomeffectivene...eetinbrief.pdf

After reading the proper way to use one....let's see how many here are willing to admit that they learned something from these links.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:39 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post

Tell me again how exactly would you describe a man's "predicament", when a woman engaged in casual sex faces all these threats to her peace of mind, health and security. Where's the empathy for what a woman has to deal with? And she's giving the man free sex and he has the nerve to kick up dust about wearing protection? We certainly live in an age of spoiled, petulant little ***ssies. I don't have time for any of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
+1. A man's predickament of having to wear a condom, vs. a woman's predicament of potential consequences that will effect her long after he has wiped off, zipped up and left town. Yeah, not much room for sympathy there.
On one occasion, an unwanted pregnancy between two FWB has resulted in the woman having the desire to keep the baby. Its not up to the "father" and he is on the hook for supporting that child. Many women say that they are ok with abortion as a fall back option. However, when the woman actually is faced with the reality of having an abortion, they often have a change of heart. (no I don't blame them)

These were people who considered themselves friends first, sex partners second. So there is all sort of complexities involved here.

They are/were friends of mine... however I did not hesitate to say they were flat out "stupid". Both of them.

Without the condom, a man has to rely on the disciplined and honest use of birth control on the part of the woman. The man's only real option of taking control of their reproduction involves the condom (STDs aside). Of course surgery is also an option but many of us were young men in college... and that seemed a bit risky.

I insisted on my use of a condom and my partners on pill.. Ok... there was one close FWB that refused the pill.... <guilty> but it was consensual choice... condoms were a requirement.

It would be nice if there was a birth control "pill" for men. It wouldn't be for me... but it would be nice that men had some sort of other option that offers a say so over their reproduction... outside of surgery.

Now, I'm not saying the plight of a woman is lesser nor greater than a man's in this situation. I'm just saying that there are two sides to this situation.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 PM

745 posts, read 801,151 times
Anyone who has no plans on immediately getting pregnant, should have an IUD, period... no reason not to. No side effects, especially compared to birth control pills, and much higher success rate

Old 06-25-2015, 12:44 PM

51 posts, read 49,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't think time's going to cut it. I think you actually need to address the issues behind your behavior, or negative obsessing's going to continue. You have real things to address, and they're a lot bigger than a questionable guy peacing out on you when you required a condom.

You're talking about this experience potentially triggering a depressive episode, and really, if you suffer from known depression, you have a responsibility to avoid situations that are triggers, not choose to jump straight into them. If seeking casual sex with random people you have no actual relationship of any kind with and all the baggage that goes with that (including the reality that it quite often means that you're meeting up with partners who, true, have literally no interest in you whatsoever other than as the willing custodian of a useable orifice or three, and will not prioritize treating you respectfully or considerately) is the sort of thing that depresses you, by all means, STEER CLEAR OF IT.

Know thyself.
Sigh...

You speak the truth. I don't know what else to say.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:46 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Also....

Let's not make the assumption that all men involved in casual sexual relationships with women will abandon the woman if a pregnancy occurs. I considered all my past partners friends... I don't do that to friends. Which is why I equate condom use to being a "good responsible friend".

Old 06-25-2015, 12:50 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Anyone who has no plans on immediately getting pregnant, should have an IUD, period... no reason not to. No side effects, especially compared to birth control pills, and much higher success rate
Of course there are side effects. Copper IUDs don't have hormonal side effects (mood swings, weight gain), but they can still cause painful periods and cramping. My friend had hers removed after her husband kept complaining about being repeatedly stabbed in the tip of his penis during intercourse. They can puncture the uterus as well.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:51 PM

227 posts, read 195,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Depends on the woman. I have friends who've had no problems, but I have other friends who've had heavy periods, weight gain, even uterine wall perforation. I had one who had an ectopic pregnancy and that was quite traumatic. Some even complain that the hormones have an effect on their mood. The plain copper ones (I forget what they're called) don't seem to be quite reliable.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:52 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Of course there are side effects. Copper IUDs don't have hormonal side effects (mood swings, weight gain), but they can still cause painful periods and cramping. My friend had hers removed after her husband kept complaining about being repeatedly stabbed in the tip of his penis during intercourse. They can puncture the uterus as well.

Dude is such a show off (also could be a great seedy pick up line)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships