Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 02:19 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times

Advertisements

Nice try. Men face all the various health risks that women do when entering into hook-up situations.

Some men must not agree with you, if they balk at using barrier contraception.

As regards pregnancy... with the possible exception of street prostitutes, nearly all women know at least enough about a guy to be able to find him if and when a pregnancy should occur.

She finds him...then what? If he didn't want to stick around and there was no talk of a pregnancy, do you think they'll want anything to do with that problem, when all he wanted was hit and quit?

It isn't the guys fault if she can't make peace with a termination. And she should know better than to be surprised if he is angry if she decides to keep it and nail him for child support.

It IS the guy's fault if he played games and refused to do HIS PART (wear protection) to protect the couple from what I would call a tragedy. Who wants to have a child for a random stranger. No one I know of.

I didn't say men shouldn't or do not wear condoms. They do. I just offered that a lot of women's attitudes regarding condoms sucks. Luckily such women are balanced out by other kinds.

Oh, given that women bear the brunt of the consequences should something go wrong in the hookup, so I don't think their attitudes should be judged THAT harshly. Men want to pretend the stakes are equal, but they aren't. The stakes are only equal if the man agrees to share in dealing with the fallout. That's not true of the guy who came in, got what he wanted and had no intention of ever seeing the woman again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 02:33 PM

98 posts, read 100,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Huh? Dating without sex is hanging out with a platonic friend.

What do morals have to do with any of this?

Or self respect?
everything.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:39 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madera23 View Post
everything.

Nope.... Not everyone subscribes to your morals.... they vary by region, change over time, vary by culture, and by individual.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And that just brings us full circle for the "just make her get an IUD" guys who don't want to wear a condom. I think most everyone agrees that sex without a condom feels better, but in a casual sex situation they're a necessity. It's easy for dudes to talk about women getting on a variety of birth control, but they all (ALL) have side effects, and none of them will prevent STD/STI transmission. So even though wrapping it up makes your boner sad, a woman is completely in the right to insist on condoms with a FWB/ONS.
Yeah, I don't get why on earth an IUD would come up as a magic bullet in a convo that includes preventing STD transmission.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:55 PM

18,074 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Obviously this is the perfect place for this clip:

http://videos.criticalcommons.org/tr...orthy-mp4.webm

Old 06-25-2015, 07:56 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingRejected View Post
While he was out supposedly looking for one he did send a text saying he was truly sorry and this was all his fault.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that when he walked out that door, he had decided he wasn't going to look and he wasn't coming back. I just felt it and I can't understand why. Why get that close to it and not just go find a condom and come back? Why haven't I heard from him?
He might have felt stupid too, perhaps he wasn't anymore prepared than you.....You didn't have a condom either. And, now he has acted so stupid that he can't recover....And, seriously...You are better off. Why dwell...obviously he was not the right guy.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
He might have felt stupid too, perhaps he wasn't anymore prepared than you.....You didn't have a condom either. And, now he has acted so stupid that he can't recover....And, seriously...You are better off. Why dwell...obviously he was not the right guy.

She needs self respect, she was lucky he didnt hit her or give her
an std or aids
imagine a girl goes out perhaps for dinner and wants sex for dessert.
Has'nt her parents taught her to respect herself.
Geez.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:34 AM

Save sex for marriage not as a pastime enjoyment that immature sexpots play.
Try to be moral human beings for a change
all you bring is pain upon yourselves in the long run.
in other words, "grow up".

Old 06-26-2015, 07:40 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Save sex for marriage not as a pastime enjoyment that immature sexpots play.
Try to be moral human beings for a change
all you bring is pain upon yourselves in the long run.
in other words, "grow up".

So I'm 43 and never been married. So I should be a virgin?

Give me a break. That wouldn't make me grown up.

Not everyone wants to, or is going to get married (personally I'd like to).

Old 06-26-2015, 08:07 AM

51 posts, read 49,932 times
Quote:
She needs self respect, she was lucky he didnt hit her or give her
an std or aids
imagine a girl goes out perhaps for dinner and wants sex for dessert.
Has'nt her parents taught her to respect herself.
Geez.
I do respect myself. That's why I chose not to engage in sex with him without protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships