Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 08:15 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Friends with benefits exist
As to FBs

Both have their time and place, for people that can handle them.

Lots of people can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 AM

708 posts, read 720,815 times
Most guys will carry them when he is meeting a girl for hookup so don't be so hard on yourself. It is a good policy for a girl to always carry some as you never know as you always cannot count on guys. I would text him if still interested and see if you can setup another date. He is probably embarrassed and don't know how to handle the next move. Sounds like you had great chemistry don't let this die without trying.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:25 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
...... once I am relatively sure she is clean and is using birth control. I know i'm clean
Relatively sure? Please... Are you 'relatively sure' you can't be wrong?
Just because someone hasn't had sex in a long time doesn't mean or even hint to mean, they are clean.
It's this way of thinking that help to have STD's grow....

And, unless you've been tested, you never 'know' your clean...

Old 06-23-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
Most guys will carry them when he is meeting a girl for hookup so don't be so hard on yourself. It is a good policy for a girl to always carry some as you never know as you always cannot count on guys. I would text him if still interested and see if you can setup another date. He is probably embarrassed and don't know how to handle the next move. Sounds like you had great chemistry don't let this die without trying.

I can't agree on the second part. Any dude that bails like that and stops communicating after being unprepared is not a good candidate for a FB.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:27 AM

745 posts, read 800,732 times
I thought FWB just banged, you all were doing an awful lot of cuddly type stuff for a FWB, sounds like you were angling to turn a possible FWB into a relationship

Old 06-23-2015, 08:30 AM

708 posts, read 720,815 times
What confuses me is why he never came back? I would probably never left as their lots of options without
needing a condom. Timberline you maybe right not best candidate but year without sex at her age is a long time.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
I thought FWB just banged, you all were doing an awful lot of cuddly type stuff for a FWB, sounds like you were angling to turn a possible FWB into a relationship

No, FWB are friends with benefits. They're actually friends. It isn't all about, or even primarily about, sex.

FBs just bang. And that is what this was sounding like. But even with FBs there is often cuddling / staying over, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
What confuses me is why he never came back? I would probably never left as their lots of options without
needing a condom.
Timberline you maybe right not best candidate but year without sex at her age is a long time.
If I happened to forget them (I can't imagine), I would have done the bolded too. Always next time.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:39 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
He's a loser! Who in his right mind is gonna have sex without a condom these days? Trust me, you can do better!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:41 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,337,825 times
Whan an ass this guy! I know you want to know why? Why did he leave but you like that but I am telling you as a 39 year old who has had major rejection issues all my life, it's not worth haunting yourself with questions like this. The answer is probably because he is a horrible and uncaring human being. I know you think it will make you feel better to know why this happened and all but it won't . Screw him...seriously forget him now, and start working on a new project or something. If you hear from him again,(and this will be hard if you have attractions to him) do not talk to him and ask why because he will just lie to you, or make up some bs story. Save yourself the trouble and don't hold on.....go get strong. I hope things get better for you soon!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:56 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
True, but so does she. She should have them as well.
Meeting in a hotel certainly requires somebody - anybody - everybody bring condoms! OP- The 1st time you have sex after a long time is going to be ridiculous intense, so you're going to want to share that with a man that isn't a complete dolt... trust, he's coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships