Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:15 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times

Advertisements

Sorry didn't read the whole thread, but he ditched you in a hotel room, why would you even want to hear from him again? Even in a FWB situation he should still treat you with some level of respect, which he clearly is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 10:23 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,914 times
Be glad the loser is gone. He probably goes around having unprotected sex with every woman who is dumb enough to do it with him. He could have every STD in the book. Disgusting.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:25 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingRejected View Post
After reading this, before you respond, I ask that you please go easy on me. I've dealt with a lot of rejection in my life, so although this situation may seem superficial, it's really playing a number on my self esteem right now, and quite honestly I'm kinda just hurt at the moment. Anyways, here goes:

Long story short, it's been going on a year since I've last had sex. I miss the physical touch of a man so bad. I recently met an attractive man that's in the same boat; we were both looking for friends with benefits. We went out on 2 dates and talked everyday for 2 weeks and decided we wanted to proceed with being fwb. He's 30, I'm 36, and he seemed normal/mature. The physical chemistry between us was very intense. Plus we also seemed to be on the same level maturity wise. We decided last weekend we would meet and get together. We met for dinner, later got a room, talked/chilled, then started getting into it. An hour into it, he's about to pull it out and go in...without a condom. I stop him just in time and ask if he brought one. He gives me a blank look and says no, since he knew I was on the pill he 'thought we were good'. He said he could go get one, left, then text me saying he couldn't find a store that's open and it must not have been meant to be. He never came back. 2 days have past and I have not heard from him. I'm crushed.
As though pregnancy was the only concern?

If nobody has said this yet: You missed a bullet. Don't give that guy another thought.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:29 AM

914 posts, read 765,811 times
Op, all I needed to read was the title. Whoa... did you ever dodge a bullet! He sounds like a whack job. Be glad he bounced.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:35 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,375 times
Quote:
Your post is the truth.

I don't think I can mentally handle this. I want what I want so bad, partly because I simply need to feel attractive and desired. This has had the opposite effect on me. Yet I can't stop thinking about having a fwb. I feel like if I can't get into a relationship anytime soon at least I can get that part of me fulfilled. I thought that would be easy.
You are setting yourself up for disappointment and heartache by allowing yourself to need another human being to make you feel attractive and desirable. Do an experiment.....go to your nearest mirror. (Warning: don't use a toaster and look down at it--I did this when I was 20 years younger and was shocked at how much older it made me look! Look in your mirror and say outloud...."I am a beautiful person. I am worthy of everything I want good in my life." If you do this every morning after you get up, pretty soon you will believe it. Try and keep positive --not negative--thoughts in your head. Read inspiring and uplifting stories. Have a goal list of things you want to accomplish in life. Try to focus on who you are to you instead of who you want to be for someone else. When you project an image of self confidence and love yourself from within--not just on what is on the outside, you will draw people to you. Instead of coming across as needy, you will be seen as strong and self assured. You will attract not only men--but good friends into your life.

As long as you continue to think that you have to have a man in your life to feel good about yourself, it will stunt who you are really meant to be.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:36 AM

745 posts, read 801,042 times
My god, how did humanity survive until the mid 80's?...

Nobody used rubbers until the AIDS scare, and then it wasnt everyone, maybe I just have good judgment or I been extremely lucky, because I tend to not unless the situation warrants it or it's a one night stand thing. I can usually tell if a girl is a nasty

Old 06-23-2015, 10:48 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
While he was out supposedly looking for one he did send a text saying he was truly sorry and this was all his fault.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that when he walked out that door, he had decided he wasn't going to look and he wasn't coming back. I just felt it and I can't understand why. Why get that close to it and not just go find a condom and come back? Why haven't I heard from him?

Because he's diseased or just another playa and found someone else to service him.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:48 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
He's a loser! Who in his right mind is gonna have sex without a condom these days? Trust me, you can do better!
Ummm, my GF and I do.

She (a virgin when I met her) actually said to me a week or two back she's glad she went on the pill since natural feels better to her.

That being said, I put the blame equally on both. The girl for not being upfront and prepared herself and the guy for not bringing one.

As a defense for the guy though, if you were a hookup and sent me out to get condoms (assuming I didn't have any one me, which I would), I'd bail too. Not worth the time/effort to get laid.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:51 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Lots of guys don't like to use condoms... if you are on the pill, and you both have been celibate for a while, you are probably both clean. Remember, he's taking a risk raw dogging it too...

When I get into a relationship, the first thing I push for is to not use a rubber once I am relatively sure she is clean and is using birth control. I know i'm clean

Yeah, that Dial Anti-bacterial soap works great, doesn't it?
Smells good too.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:03 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Yeah, that Dial Anti-bacterial soap works great, doesn't it?
Smells good too.
You can get tested, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships