Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 12:39 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
Oh come on, you don't know if he's disease free. Of course he needs to wear a condom, it's reasonable even for fwb.

On an unrelated note, if you want to work on your self-esteem, seeking a fwb doesn't usually help. If you are truly interested in a fwb relationship, you need to be mentally strong enough to simply not care... if you do, then fwb is not for you. I recommend staying away from guys for a while and work on your own issues for a while.
Agree with everything this person has said. This is not how to deal with your low-self esteem, and you are only making it worse. And you do not know if he carried any diseases or not. Consider yourself lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 12:40 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Go get tested together and, assuming you both come up negative, proceed without a condom. Have him pull out if you want an additional layer of protection against being knocked up.

I won't say condoms ruin sex completely, but they're like settling into the driver's seat of a Corvette for the first time and then seeing that it's an automatic. It ratchets the excitement down several notches.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:16 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
the fact that he showed up without a condom would worry me...sounds like he us used to going without one

you should carry some as well...if your going to get hotel rooms with fwb's

which makes me curious...why didn't you go to his or your house...his house he should have had some there...and if your single you should have some at yours as well...

Old 06-23-2015, 01:25 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Go get tested together and, assuming you both come up negative, proceed without a condom. Have him pull out if you want an additional layer of protection against being knocked up.

I won't say condoms ruin sex completely, but they're like settling into the driver's seat of a Corvette for the first time and then seeing that it's an automatic. It ratchets the excitement down several notches.

But you're still driving a Corvette.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:36 PM

51 posts, read 49,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
This.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:37 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Sure, and sex with a condom is still sex. But neither experience is as good as it has the potential to be.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
I don't know where you live. But for me, that would involve getting dressed, driving probably 2-3 miles, going in, buying condoms, going home. Probably a 20-25 minute ordeal. After which, you may not be in the mood anymore.
Would it still be that much trouble if you haven't had sex in 6 months as he had claimed?

Old 06-23-2015, 01:39 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post

Does not work since the seed row boat has sailed long before the actual ship.

The additional layer of protection that is guaranteed is to not have sex, next is birth control pills along with condoms and hope that they both work properly all the time.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
the fact that he showed up without a condom would worry me...sounds like he us used to going without one

you should carry some as well...if your going to get hotel rooms with fwb's

which makes me curious...why didn't you go to his or your house...his house he should have had some there...and if your single you should have some at yours as well...
The place we met at was a compromise...mid way between both of us.

But that doesn't matter because we had already planned it the day before. So he knew what was going down, as we had discussed it. He left from his house to meet up with me. And there are several drug stores within 7 blocks of where we were. We live in one of the biggest cities in the US, and we were staying downtown.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:41 PM

106 posts, read 87,787 times
You did the right thing. There are way too many diseases out here in the world today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships