Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 04:56 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times

Advertisements

You need to find just one woman to be happy. Be honest or your "happiness" is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 01:00 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
What exactly do you want to lie about???

But yes being honest will work out best.

I don't remember what video or article I read or heard this but the person said when it comes to online dating you have to make a connection on a "superficial level".

So in other words exaggerate your lifestyle to appear more interesting.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:26 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Idk if lately either bein honest is good or lying was better
With online dating its a big world out there and before i didnt even write much about who i was
Now i kinda do but im also honest with STRICTLY I AM HERE TO DATE ONLY no friend zone crap or what i offer and can not and some idea about me but no personal info

As a result i got less woman to talk to me however i still meet woman overall
So in online dating is it better to be honest or just lie?
Sometimes i feel lying you get more results and woman talkin to you
"I am here to date and possibly form a relationship. If you are looking for friends, we're not a match."

Avoid saying things like "no friend zone crap." It's off-putting, even to women who are looking for the same things you are.

Be honest. Otherwise, if you find yourself spinning your wheels and wasting your time with people who were never on the same page to begin with, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Also, I hope your profile has better grammar and punctuation than what you've shown here.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:58 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
There are many reasons many are on line looking for dates and perhaps this is main reason for some.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:54 PM

403 posts, read 597,844 times
Yeah I think a few white lies to make yourself look better are fine. I would encourage it, especially for guys, since online dating is very competitive for them. Most people lie in online dating and in general. Not saying that makes it right, but competition is tough. Like if you are average say you are athletic, if you add 1-2 inches with your height, I think that's a common thing to do and if it will expand your options, why not. Now lying about your relationship status or if you have kids or not would not be a good idea, since that's a deal breaker for most. I'm not sure about income, perhaps bump it up $10,000-$20,000 if you have that option, nothing too extreme or obvious.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:22 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
I think a guy can be honest but it won't lead to a message from someone he is attracted to so OP if you can deal with that then go for it.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:44 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I don't remember what video or article I read or heard this but the person said when it comes to online dating you have to make a connection on a "superficial level".

So in other words exaggerate your lifestyle to appear more interesting.
I've seen some grandiose profiles. It's not hard to spot a fake. Especially, if you decide to meet IRL.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:49 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
I was truthful about what I was looking for and offering. I never gave out my real name or location up front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships