Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:31 PM

10 posts, read 8,436 times

Advertisements

Fancy restaurant is out of the question, maybe an arcade or walk in park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 03:32 PM

10 posts, read 8,436 times
ideas?

Old 06-23-2015, 03:37 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Forget the fancy restaurant. Even if you had the money, a fancy restaurant shouldn't be your first date, unless you already know the woman and are into her.

A walk in the park, with or without a picnic of home-made lunches (doesn't have to be fancy). If you have at least a few bucks, and the option is there, spring for rowing in the lake, or renting roller skates in the park, or whatever they have for recreation.

An afternoon at the local science exploratorium. Or a museum visit, with coffee/tea and snacks afterwards.

Art gallery-hopping. Bookstore browsing--so much the better if there's an author lecture scheduled.

Bike riding.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:40 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
hiking
beach
art fair
bicycle riding

Old 06-23-2015, 03:44 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
As a guy you will have to put some creativity and money to a date since dates pretty much rely on the guy (the activities, the expenses, the romancing, etc.). But since you said you don't have any money look at your city's calendar of activities. Sometimes cities in the USA have free publications that list concerts, cultural events, plays, and so on. You will be surprised on many activities that are free and fun for a date or family. What city do you live in? I remember when I used to live in the USA there were many activities out there: sand castle contests, cultural events, a day of the month where a museum or exhibition was free, street performers on the weekends, etc. Not sure if this would work for you but since I was a foreign student in the USA there were times I would just hang out with my girl and teach her a bit about my country's food and cook something and just relax watching a movie or simply enjoying a sunset. I am sure you can think of many other activities that may work for you.

You might also want to start considering looking for a job as one day sooner or later money will be required for an activity and more than likely you will be expected to take care of it. But as of now. Try looking for that city publication for a list of free activities. These can be found all over the place (supermarkets, liquor stores, besides the city's newspaper, schools, etc.).

Last edited by onihC; 06-23-2015 at 03:54 PM..

Old 06-23-2015, 03:52 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,203 times
You're going to find it difficult to find a woman to date you if you're a guy. No money no date!

Old 06-23-2015, 04:10 PM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Forget the fancy restaurant. Even if you had the money, a fancy restaurant shouldn't be your first date, unless you already know the woman and are into her.

A walk in the park, with or without a picnic of home-made lunches (doesn't have to be fancy). If you have at least a few bucks, and the option is there, spring for rowing in the lake, or renting roller skates in the park, or whatever they have for recreation.

An afternoon at the local science exploratorium. Or a museum visit, with coffee/tea and snacks afterwards.

Art gallery-hopping. Bookstore browsing--so much the better if there's an author lecture scheduled.

Bike riding.
2nd on the picnic. In fact my wife and I enjoy eating low-key outdoors all the time. You can talk, enjoy the day, not worry about what to pick from the menu, or which bottle of wine to order, or get nervous over your table manners.

Picnics and walks are awesome!

Old 06-23-2015, 04:21 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
What does "no money" actually mean for you?

There are ways to do things free, almost free and inexpensively, but you cannot expect to date and get into a relationship without spending a cent. There are only so many free activities to do, not to mention also have interest in.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:26 PM

847 posts, read 766,748 times
rock climbing or simple mountain hiking is the best option.
you get to show your lady how manly you are by helping her up the rocks.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:30 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
-Picnics are good-or you can make her/him dinner.
-Bike riding
-A museum
-Hiking
-The beach (don't know how close you are) or a lake.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships