Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 04:22 PM

3 posts, read 2,825 times

Advertisements

How come breadwinners don't exist anymore for men in the household? It seems that men can't be considered head of the household anymore. Marriages seem to just be co existant. The husband does what he wants and the wife does what she wants. If that is the case marriage should be overrated. It doesn't seem companionship. If someone wants that and with co existant, the person should just continue dating for extended time and not make it legal the relationship. Or again companionship , basically just get a dog then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 04:25 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted30110 View Post
How come breadwinners don't exist anymore for men in the household? It seems that men can't be considered head of the household anymore. Marriages seem to just be co existant. The husband does what he wants and the wife does what she wants. If that is the case marriage should be overrated. It doesn't seem companionship. If someone wants that and with co existant, the person should just continue dating for extended time and not make it legal the relationship. Or again companionship , basically just get a dog then.
My dog loves having long talks. His favorite subject is how cats just don't get dogs, I enjoy our talks very much. The only annoying thing is my wife is always interrupting us to be let outside to do her business

Last edited by rego00123; 06-24-2015 at 04:56 PM..

Old 06-24-2015, 04:30 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Marriages seem to just be co existant..
Is there something wrong with that?

I don't know what you mean by, "the husband does what he wants, the wife does what she wants". People get married for the companionship, usually. So they share activities together. They also each have alone time, usually, which is a healthy thing.

So, what is it exactly that concerns you? Clarification needed.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:33 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm Head of Household, Master of my Domain, and Lord of My Manor.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:49 PM

371 posts, read 543,504 times
This is one reason why I would need to be with someone who has some similar common interests. I tried dating someone who was different, and that ended in disaster. He and I could never do anything together because we did not enjoy anything together. In over a year and a half, we only went on one small trip together...everything else I did alone. I might as well have been single the whole time.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:55 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour View Post
This is one reason why I would need to be with someone who has some similar common interests. I tried dating someone who was different, and that ended in disaster. He and I could never do anything together because we did not enjoy anything together. In over a year and a half, we only went on one small trip together...everything else I did alone. I might as well have been single the whole time.

Situations like yours are when the "compromise" part of sharing your life with someone is involved on both sides.

Mr. CSD and I do not like all of the same things but we do enjoy being with each other so when it comes to something he does not care for much or I do not care for much we go together anyway just to spend time together and share things with each other.

Mr. CSD loves watching the television and I haven't watched the television in more than 15 years I will however take a book, cross stitch, sewing, quilting or my laptop in the living room and sit with him just so we can be in the same room and spend our time together.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:57 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
If that is your view of a marriage that you can't dominate, control and abuse (at least emotionally) a woman.....you are better off with a dog. At least the ASPA will step in if it gets too bad.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:04 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I assume you're pro-alimony?

Old 06-24-2015, 05:11 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour View Post
"I tried dating someone who was different,
True, for me it doesn't take nearly that long to find out if we are compatible. Maybe a month. I am usually amazed at what people I have dated are willing to put up with. Last one was not compatible for multiple stand points and she wondered why I was leaving her

Old 06-24-2015, 05:56 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Are we talking tax codes here? Because Head of Household is actually an unmarried taxpayer who is supporting a household.
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships