Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 10:52 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times

Advertisements

Allow him to keep doing drugs, and he might end up here once caught:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._july_2007.JPG

Do you want to really be with such a guy ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 07:14 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamby01 View Post
A few months ago, I discovered my DH was using marijuana. I found it. And from what I found, he uses it a lot. Probably daily. He uses a vaporizer or edibles, so it is easy to hide.

We have been married for 12 years. I have never known him to use any drugs. Just a social drink or two, which I enjoy as well. We have 2 kids.

Part of me says, it's no big deal. But it's a very small part. I am actually angry, disappointed, sad, and hurt. And now that I know, I see that there have been changes in him, mostly cognitive.

If he reacts like I think he will, what should I do?
I'd bet my bottom doller that your DH was partaking of the fine herb the whole time you've been married...probably even before.

Don't worry, the jay he smokes or eats is better and much less harmful than the social drink or two which you also enjoy.
When he finds out what a "big deal to me" it is you can bet he'll be much more careful and discreet.
I'd say he's done pretty good at hiding it from you so far.

Telling that you never really noticed any "cognitive" changes in him until AFTER you found out.
Could be because there are none, except those in your mind.
Too bad that you are so "disappointed, sad and hurt" because now he's gonna have to keep his secret more closely guarded from the woman he loves.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:56 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Too bad that you are so "disappointed, sad and hurt" because now he's gonna have to keep his secret more closely guarded from the woman he loves.
Someone who deliberately lies and hides something from his/her spouse is deliberately destroying the relationship from the inside out.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:58 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Someone who deliberately lies and hides something from his/her spouse is deliberately destroying the relationship from the inside out.
I agree. I don't get people being OK with deceit within a partnership.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:02 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Maybe...could also keep it together, especially when it's a very harmless lie, such as this one.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Why would lying about drug use ever be okay?

Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 PM

389 posts, read 426,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Why would lying about drug use ever be okay?
My thoughts exactly. It is not Ok under any circumstances, especially with kids involved.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:08 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,634,356 times
Do y'all realize the OP has not been back and the thread has turned into various respondents arguing amongst themselves about what the OP should do with her relationship?

Old 07-14-2015, 07:52 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Oh, get over it.

Every body does it and its going to be entirely legal in a couple of years anyway. Like cigarettes, except a lot less harmful.

You are honestly reacting like a child. So he smokes, big deal. He still is the same guy.

It is a 'big deal' to some. AND NO, EVERYBODY ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT DO IT! Some people don't want recreational drugs in their lives. Just because you think its great to fry your brain doesn't mean everyone else wants that in their lives or in their home. You are right about one thing. This world is slowly turning into a bunch of pot heads. People think its no big deal, but its still a DRUG. The drug is altering people somehow or else no one would smoke it. Why people just *HAVE* to put some drug into their body that they don't NEED is beyond me.

And save the medicinal bulls---t. Most of the potheads out there are just smoking it to get high, baked, whatever you want to call it. Not for some medical condition. It is a nasty, smelly, disgusting habit. I HATE..HATE the smell of pot on people. It just seeps out their pores. Disgusting. Just so you can get a buzz. Your life sucks so much you need a drug to take you away? But that's what some people in the world want. Pretty soon we will be hearing cocaine is no big deal too, and lets legalize that. And no...I don't smoke cigarettes or drink, so save that come back. Because you know how potheads like to say its just like drinking or smoking cigs. You know, I thought cigarette smoke stunk, but pot is even worse. Ugghh how do you even kiss and cuddle up with someone who has such stench coming from them. One of my cousins is a pothead and he reeks of the stuff half the time.

People need a stress reliever? How about exercising or something, or taking up yoga or something healthy for you instead of smoking a stinking a$$ drug? But hey, you know what. People can do what they want to do I suppose. However, don't bust the chops of the rest of us because we don't want that crap in our lives. You wanna smoke, go get baked some where else.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Do y'all realize the OP has not been back and the thread has turned into various respondents arguing amongst themselves about what the OP should do with her relationship?
Such is the nature of discussion forums. The topic gets discussed whether or not the OP is an active participant in the discussion. *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships