Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 08:05 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
And when I say I date outside my race, that means I date ALL. White, Hispanic, Indian, Asian.... So race isn't that big of an issue in this topic.

Maybe not for you, but maybe it is for them.

At any rate, when you say something like this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/40153093-post26.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy
Lie like hell if you want to get a woman. NEVER be yourself. Because very rarely a woman likes a man for who he truly is.
Perhaps women see right through you and they don't like who you're pretending to be.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:10 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
I have said this before, but I think you over-analyze things and women can sense that level of neuroses in a guy. I'm saying this to be honest, not mean. Women are supposed to be the neurotic, emotional ones - guys are supposed to be our rocks. If a woman senses that she has an over-analytical, insecure guy on her hands, she will head for the hills.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:59 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Lilac, you're white. No one is racist towards you because of white privilege, and if you suspect it... you're racist.

Get with the picture, this is 2015.
LOL!

Look, trust me, people. It was this huge pool hall and brew pub with all kinds of people in it, black, white, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, gay, straight, rich, poor, yuppie, post-grunge, even catered to bikers. I know the race-driven stinkeye when I get it. I lived in Hawaii. Got it there a few times, too. The fact that he said his white dates have sometimes gotten the same reaction from groups of Asian women only confirmed it.

If you don't think ethnic minorities are capable of proprietary behavior or racism themselves, you're not living in reality.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:19 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
And I hear what you're saying. Being black and being open to DATE OUTSIDE MY RACE makes things a little harder. Reason why I put that in all caps is because I want to emphasize AGAIN that I'm not ONLY into white women.
Quote:
So, the resolution to my problem is to only date within my race. Fair enough. Now I honestly know what to do. Start training myself to only like black girls. I'm not being a smart*** either. I will try. I do appreciate all the responses. Honestly thanks guys
Don't be ridiculous. First, being open to dating outside your race would open your dating pool up quite a bit in many places, though maybe not where you are now. In places like New York and D.C., there are plenty of people who not only date outside their race, but don't particularly give a rat's arse should anyone give them the stinkeye for any reason. Heck, the population of people who are more than one race, themselves, is pretty high. I don't know about Atlanta, as I've never even been there.

Point is, your willingness to date outside your race isn't going to be a negative for someone who does the same and is secure in it. So in that sense, it's really pretty irrelevant.

Which leaves the other things people here have mentioned, like this soft-sexism of low expectations you harbor toward women. You appear to assume the worst of women in general. I've had a few men complain to me about "women," until finally I said, "yeah, hi, consider your audience, as I'm a woman."

Then it was, "Well, you're not that way."

Point is, women pick up on resentment, and you have some.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:17 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
If I'm getting under your skin, let's agree to disagree. How about that? End of discussion.

This is America after all. Someone starts a topic and mentions they're black, all hell breaks loose. Thats the root of all my problems. Im black! I would have never thought. Proud of this country! Anyway, back on topic. AGAIN......
That (bolded) is why we no longer allow discussions in the Relationships forum about race, ethnicity, weight or height. Such threads always devolve into off-topic bickering and/or personal attacks.

There's some interesting discussion in this thread, but unfortunately, many members just want to talk about racism and keep pulling it off topic. Because mods can't babysit the thread 24/7, it will remain closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships