Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:28 PM

3,481 posts, read 3,175,022 times

Advertisements

You may be too overly sure of your looks - it does happen. First, view a movie "Good Grooming For Girls" on the Prelinger Archives site. You may get some ideas. Secondly, remember that the competition out there, that you likely don't see, or simply ignore, is possibly putting you in an uninspired state, so to speak.

I don't know how old you are, but its best and easiest, at least for starters, to try attracting men over 30 - in fact 35 is better; 40 not out of the question. Sounds like that's the places you go to - where those type of men hang out. But do avoid the boozed up ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 10:35 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,675,853 times
I think you're beautiful. Your looks shouldn't be a problem.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 AM

5,886 posts, read 10,491,691 times
If you are the one from that profile pic, i wouldnt say you are average: you are really very pretty!

Old 06-29-2015, 01:21 AM

I just read more pages and, OP, you seem smart and opinionated, and some people have suggested you to change that. Dont listen to that sexist opinion (women have to be shy, servant and dumb) please!

Heck, im just like you, im very opinionated, i shoot it straight, im never servant or shy to my man. And i have a guy who adores and worships me. You, being so beautiful, sure can get it too.

Have you tried OLD?

Old 06-29-2015, 01:51 AM

658 posts, read 1,140,306 times
wear some makeup, and yes (it may be tough... but.. . life is, deal with it)... learn to turn the introvert into an extrovert.

guys (at least my single friends, I'm married and long out of the 'game') don't want to work on a girl who seems too shy or that she doesn't care to try.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:56 AM

Be yourself and dont change for what you think "guys" want. Someone will love you for who you are, there is not a need to change at all. Be yourself, and the guy will arrive.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:11 AM

658 posts, read 1,140,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Be yourself and dont change for what you think "guys" want. Someone will love you for who you are, there is not a need to change at all. Be yourself, and the guy will arrive.

Follow this advice if you *don't* want a guy soon. I will get retaliated for posting this, but it's good long term, TERRRRRRIBLE short term advice. Men, just like Women--- YES--- do care about first impressions, etc. Change yourself? At the core? No. On the surface? Sure. There HAS to be an initial spark/attraction.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:19 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,920,438 times
For a woman of average height, 5'5-5'6 size 10 is definitely a bit on the more plump side. She may be active, but she will not have the most desirable figure at a size 10, that's just a fact. Not wearing any kind of makeup isn't going to help much either. Not saying women need to be covered in makeup every day of their lives, but just a little bit can do wonders and really get some heads turning.

If you are unhappy with guys not noticing you but are unwilling to change anything about yourself then don't ask what your issue is.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderOCola View Post
Follow this advice if you *don't* want a guy soon. I will get retaliated for posting this, but it's good long term, TERRRRRRIBLE short term advice. Men, just like Women--- YES--- do care about first impressions, etc. Change yourself? At the core? No. On the surface? Sure. There HAS to be an initial spark/attraction.

Why would she need to change herself if she is obviously beautiful-smart-opinionated?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:06 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,119,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I just read more pages and, OP, you seem smart and opinionated, and some people have suggested you to change that. Dont listen to that sexist opinion (women have to be shy, servant and dumb) please!

Heck, im just like you, im very opinionated, i shoot it straight, im never servant or shy to my man. And i have a guy who adores and worships me. You, being so beautiful, sure can get it too.

Have you tried OLD?
I haven't seen anyone telling her that. I've seen people tell her to lose weight, but that's just typical on this forum. Plenty of people have absolutely no idea what a size 10 woman who is of at least average height looks like, so assuming that not being a single digit weight equals FAT, they dole out sage advice like "lose weight and that'll fix your problem."

Which is useless, because unless one is VERY large, not being super thin isn't a major hindrance unless you live in an extremely looks-obsessed place like LA.

OP asked how to find a guy for a relationship, not how to get more guys to hit on her in nightclubs. Sheesh.

Anyway, there is never anything wrong with learning what aspects of one's personality may be hindering one's dating efforts. Doesn't mean the person is supposed to change and become someone they are not.

Just means that maybe they need to be aware of these things and keep them in check upon first contact with potential partners.

If a woman is very quiet, for example, she will need to make an effort to speak up a little. If one is very loud and boisterous, she will have to take it down a notch or two.

I'd give this exact same advice to a man. If what you are doing is NOT working, it's time to make some subtle changes when meeting new people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships