Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 12:13 AM

422 posts, read 574,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Don't underestimate the Girl Next Door type because she can do the same if the right guy comes along.
That's true. I meant more so girl next door in terms of morals, not vanilla looks. You can NEVER trust any person 100 percent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 02:28 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times
Seems most men go for the pictures and THEN send a message. Women on the other hand, seem to read profiles as well as write them. Women ALWAYS have something to say

Old 06-29-2015, 02:41 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhoyarbie View Post

Did I even ask you to? What does that even mean anyway? You having a bad day there?
Not having a bad day at all. That comment was re: me asking you if you write "want to know more? Get in touch." Or something to that effect. I was trying to explain to you NOT to write that, because as a woman I am going to want you to tell me why I should pick you out of the crowd. I'm not going to "do the leg work" as a respondent to your profile just to learn that you aren't interesting to me.

I am speaking in the rhetorical "I."

Old 06-29-2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I've never done OLD, but I'm sorry, this profile is very flat, all of it. From what you're looking for, to the way you state your hobbies and job, it sounds as exciting as an 8 year old writing about what he did on his summer vacation.

If you read this profile from a woman, would you find it interesting? "I work in the education business as a teacher"? Who writes this way? What your wording conveys is mechanical and boring, rather than interesting and engaging.
I agree. "I work in the educational business..." Just say you're a teacher.

Also, OP, you posted on a message board yet you are getting rather snippy at people for giving honest answers. You also said you have no friends. Perhaps you should work on your attitude and social skills first, before you even begin to think about dating.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhoyarbie View Post
I'm done with this thread.........From the "hope you smile in other pictures" to "hmmm.....looks like you could loose a few pounds there pal, then maybe that will help you", to the "geez....your profile is about as interesting as watching paint dry"........

I've shared too much, which is my fault, and too many varied opinions on this came out.....Some good and some so bad that I lost a few brain cells trying to figure out why someone would post such stupid crap.

Have a good day tomorrow all.
Oh never mind. I see you flounced.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:03 AM

474 posts, read 384,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I agree. "I work in the educational business..." Just say you're a teacher.

Also, OP, you posted on a message board yet you are getting rather snippy at people for giving honest answers. You also said you have no friends. Perhaps you should work on your attitude and social skills first, before you even begin to think about dating.
To be frank, he seemed a bit sensitive on taking criticism, but in his defense, the way that the criticism was delivered was easily just as snippy as his reactions.

Everyone could really benefit from being a little more sympathetic and kind, me thinks.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
To be frank, he seemed a bit sensitive on taking criticism, but in his defense, the way that the criticism was delivered was easily just as snippy as his reactions.

Everyone could really benefit from being a little more sympathetic and kind, me thinks.
I didn't see anything that was too mean, other than people telling him to lose weight when he doesn't need to.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
That sucks. I got pretty much the same thing going on and I never get any interested women. Like zero. Nada. I guess I'll never figure out what it is exactly that I'm doing wrong.

I understand though, I guess. Privacy. Maybe you could cut-and-paste it to anonymize it. From your posts on here, you're a one-in-a-million guy who figured this crap out.

There is no way to really anonymize it and have it make any sense. That's kind of the point. It's very personal and revealing. It's balls out: this is who I am, what makes me tick and fires me up, these are my good points, and indeed, these are my flaws that make me all too human.

And no, I'm not one in a million, well... other than I blend in a crowd like I'm any other person and don't really stand out (and I like it that way). Most dudes I know do great with OLD.

I'm not sure how I feel about OLD right now though, as I'm finding it to be a meat market. It's great for getting out of the house and finding NSA sex, but it seems like that is it right now.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:33 AM

474 posts, read 384,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There is no way to really anonymize it and have it make any sense. That's kind of the point. It's very personal and revealing. It's balls out: this is who I am, what makes me tick and fires me up, these are my good points, and indeed, these are my flaws that make me all too human.

And no, I'm not one in a million, well... other than I blend in a crowd like I'm any other person and don't really stand out (and I like it that way). Most dudes I know do great with OLD.
I was going to say... you overestimate your uniqueness. Most people do. I'll bet if I read it, there's no way I could track you down in a million years. Same flaws, same insecurities, same revelations, the same clockwork as ten-thousand others. Makes me wonder what you're really hiding by not posting it.

Most dudes I know do really terrible with OLD. I wonder why that is.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
I was going to say... you overestimate your uniqueness. Most people do. I'll bet if I read it, there's no way I could track you down in a million years. Same flaws, same insecurities, same revelations, the same clockwork as ten-thousand others. Makes me wonder what you're really hiding by not posting it.

Most dudes I know do really terrible with OLD. I wonder why that is.

I bet you could. My schools are in their, what I do for work, where I live. With just that, never mind the other stuff in there (my artistic endeavors, etc) it would be very easy with google to track me down.

We're all unique. The profile is to show that off. Most people do not.

I'm not hiding it (other than it is off), but it certainly is none of your damn business. Especially with an attitude like yours. I owe you nothing. I especially don't try to help people with antagonistic attitudes. I've shared it with people on here, and I probably will in the future, after I have a good sense of their attitude and outlooks in life, and they become trusted connections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships