Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 08:50 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Yeah I am cool with someone who is cute not drop dead gorgeous which is what I wanted at 23 not 39-lol
You seem like you have a very disdainful attitude toward women though. Why do you rate them and look down on so many?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times
Quote:
The sad things is guys are programmed to lie when meeting a girl. Do you think I will reveal all of this to a girl who I consider dating material on our first phone conversation

I live in a Studio Apt for Undergrad and Grad students

I don't drive

I'm slightly overweight

I'm losing my hair

If I revealed all of that I would never meet anyone face to face. LOL

The only one I mention is the second after about a hour or so after we connected. All the other things I let her see for herself.
Well then I'm glad you stopped going for the drop dead gorgeous girls and are now settling for the cute ones

Old 07-01-2015, 05:10 AM

422 posts, read 574,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Well then I'm glad you stopped going for the drop dead gorgeous girls and are now settling for the cute ones
Roll your eyes all you want, but he's right. All people are programmed to be attracted to the best looking opposite sex members. There are only so many beautiful people to go around. Any woman in here would probably be more attracted go Chris Hemsworth than their current bf/husband, but not everyone can get someone that attractive. Too many guys shoot for the stars online, then claim it's the women who ruin it by ignoring them.

If a gal knows she is super attractive, she will go thru the guys online like a fine tooth comb in order to find the best looking and maybe even most financially secure man she can. She's beautiful, why should she settle? I know I wouldn't. He has iit right to realize it's time to go for a normal gal. Nothing wrong with it. I'm in the same boat. Probably 75 percent of online rejection happens when someone tries to get with someone way "above" them in looks. Online is a meat market, and if you don't have looks or money as a man, leave the hot women alone. They will not settle for an average guy most of the time.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:36 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybarnaby View Post
It's always going to be that way. Your best bet is to find women in person. Hot women online have so many options it's hard for them to settle. If you had 10 women per day hit you up, would you really want to pick just one?

That's why I would choose craigslist it's usually a lot better due to less competition.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:39 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
You seem like you have a very disdainful attitude toward women though. Why do you rate them and look down on so many?
I'm just saying I don't look for hot anymore like I did when I was 23 because I realize it's not that important.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:42 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Cute works for me at this point because in my life.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:49 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Quote:
I'm just saying I don't look for hot anymore like I did when I was 23 because I realize it's not that important.
When you use terms like "settling" and call women "4s," it says something though. You don't seem to respect women much. There's a difference between being attracted to women and actually liking them.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:51 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
When you use terms like "settling" and call women "4s," it says something though. You don't seem to respect women much. There's a difference between being attracted to women and actually liking them.

Huge huge difference, that is lost on most people.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:54 AM

358 posts, read 229,298 times
Quote:
Why do women get offended with rating systems?

Notice they only get offended if you rate a woman a 5 or lower.

If you call a woman a 10 no one bats an eye.

What gets me is women think its bad to be a 5. A 5 is average, plenty of 1-4's would kill to be average looking.

I would easily date a 5 with a great personality. Nothing wrong with being a 5.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:54 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Why should I have to settle due to a broken system? If I don't pursue a woman that isn't in shape in real life why would I pursue one online? I don't only go after 8's but my last GF that I met in RL was right around there. My point is men are forced to lower their standards online due to a very small percentage of men getting responses from all the quality women. In my opinion the only good online dating site would limit the number of messages men can send per day, and the site would have a controlled ratio of men to women. It's also tougher for guys like me because we have to compete against the guys that lie and do sneaky things to get women to respond to them. Then there's the guys that aren't even single.

You might notice that my post was in response to weezer, who said that women should give a chance to men they might not find physically attractive.

So, my question to you becomes, if a woman doesn't date, IRL, men who aren't in shape, and/or
- who have a sloppy appearance;
- who approach with dumb one-liners;
- who "go fishing" to catch anything they can, doesn't matter what; - who use bad grammar or otherwise poor communication skills;
- who become hostile if she won't give her phone # immediately; - -- who obviously dislike women intensely;
- who are married
- who are recently separated or just out of a LTR
- who have been divorced multiple times
- who come across as entitled, controlling, passive-aggressive
- who quickly ask personal questions
- who are very angry
- etc., etc, etc

...then why would (should) she date them online?

Since you feel you deserve an above-average attractive woman, I assume you're an above-average attractive guy?

And, you aren't "forced" to do anything. If you feel that you have to "lower your standards" online, then don't stay online. I didn't. I'd had enough after several months of first/second meets, and cancelled my membership. I couldn't find a suitable guy to date, either. And, get this: I'm a "quality" woman. According to you guys, (online) dating is a veritable smorgasbord for women like me. We, apparently, have our pick of quality men.

Well, the truth is, THAT depends entirely on what one's definition of "quality men" is. And, fyi, less attractive men are NOT, by default, of more noble character than are more attractive men, which is what you guys often imply. Not even close.

However, that's not to say there aren't ANY good, long term relationship-quality men online. There are. Sometimes, though, even the good ones aren't compatible.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 07-01-2015 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships