Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 AM

547 posts, read 939,311 times

Advertisements

I have to say for the most part online dating doesn't seem to work that well. My personal opinion is women seem to be either picky, don't know what they want, or are on dating sites to perhaps get as many messages from other men just to stroke their ego and make them feel good......(That's my opinion anyway.)

So you find someone who looks nice. You read what they have to say and they might have something that you share in common like running, or visiting other places, etc. and you leave them a nice, simple message like "that's great that you like to run. I myself like to run and have done a few marathons. Do you like to do races or do you just run for fun?" Little messages in that nature that one might leave to the other person. But the thing is they don't respond back, or they read your message and then delete it, yet they say on their profile that "men typically don't read what I write on here and seem to want to sleep with me instead of getting to know me" etc. etc. etc.

It's things like that in nature I don't really understand. You put forth the effort, write a nice message, but you get nothing in return. What's even worse is you see the same person you did write the message to online every night for weeks or months on in. That seems to imply the one of three categories I listed in the first paragraph for them.

That's just my rant/0.02 on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 08:17 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Try a different site.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:17 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,704 times
Pursuing women always involves dealing with rejection. When you learn to manage that, what you describe will cease to matter.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:18 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Worked for me.

In fact, I rarely had it NOT work.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:21 AM

19,387 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Yep, common complaint, and yet a lot of people have success with it.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:23 AM

547 posts, read 939,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Try a different site.

I'm on three different sites.

I'm 33 and have been single for a very long time. I guess it doesn't bother me anymore that I'm still single. Just like to point out online dating doesn't seem to work.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,533 times
It worked great for me, met my G/F of eight months on there, and went on quite a few dates. As with everything in life, results will vary greatly from person to person.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:26 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,702,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhoyarbie View Post
I have to say for the most part online dating doesn't seem to work that well. My personal opinion is women seem to be either picky, don't know what they want, or are on dating sites to perhaps get as many messages from other men just to stroke their ego and make them feel good......(That's my opinion anyway.)

So you find someone who looks nice. You read what they have to say and they might have something that you share in common like running, or visiting other places, etc. and you leave them a nice, simple message like "that's great that you like to run. I myself like to run and have done a few marathons. Do you like to do races or do you just run for fun?" Little messages in that nature that one might leave to the other person. But the thing is they don't respond back, or they read your message and then delete it, yet they say on their profile that "men typically don't read what I write on here and seem to want to sleep with me instead of getting to know me" etc. etc. etc.

It's things like that in nature I don't really understand. You put forth the effort, write a nice message, but you get nothing in return. What's even worse is you see the same person you did write the message to online every night for weeks or months on in. That seems to imply the one of three categories I listed in the first paragraph for them.

That's just my rant/0.02 on the subject.
It may be how you are responding.

To be honest, if someone likes to run... doesn't mean they are marathon level runners and your stating right off the bat you've done multiple marathons....well it comes across as both bragging and intimidating. ("Yeah, he's gonna laugh at my 5 miles I do 4 times a week....I don't need a fitness freak.")

I know too many people that have met long term partners online to say it doesn't wirk. It's currently not working for you....that's it.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:27 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhoyarbie View Post
I'm on three different sites.

I'm 33 and have been single for a very long time. I guess it doesn't bother me anymore that I'm still single. Just like to point out online dating doesn't seem to work.
Post a pic, let me see what your working with.

On your profile that is.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:28 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,964 times
The truth is you weren't attractive enough for a response from those women you messaged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships