Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:52 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times

Advertisements

Although I find marriage traditions in the Baha'i Faith extreme, they seem to have no problem finding love. In the Baha'i faith it is preferable that you marry outside of your race and you get written permission and approval of your chosen one from all biological parents. There are many happy Bahia's in the US. It is not a messed up society that we live in there are just messed up people. Feel happy that he made himself clear and not after you and the girl wound up married with children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 07:15 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I may be wrong but it often seems that black women and white men are most likely to really oppose interracial couples. You also rarely see a white man and a black women together, and this reinforces this belief. I wonder why this seems to be true. Obviously Ive never done a study on it so I could be wrong. I happen to know a few white women who are married to black men and they have received grief from some of thier female inlaws.
This coupling is actually quite common in New Orleans. Pretty refreshing stuff if you ask me.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:38 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowili View Post
I'm 18. She's 17. She says she wants to move out when she turns 18, though her family wouldn't aprove at all. By then, their opinion doesn't really matter that much anyway (at least legally).

Btw, thank you guys for taking your time with me. I really don't have anyone I could talk to about this (all my friends are immature ****s in this respect).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowili View Post
Btw, she called me last night crying telling me that her parents were going to throw her out if she didn't break up. I told her to do it and say it so her parents could hear, but she wouldn't. She hasn't picked up the phone since then. I'm really worried about her and I'll be knocking on her door later.
Bowili, firstly, I'm really sorry it's this difficult to be w/ who you want due to other people's ignorance. I've scanned through your thread & tried to read most of your posts throughout. Too bad you two aren't older, like at least in your early to mid 20s in which you both have jobs & would probably be living on your own...then, she can live her life more freely to how she wants. Ages 17/18 are still a bit young in which parents have more say. I'm not saying their racist ways are right. But 17/18 is when people are just graduating or in their last year of high school or just beginning college still, so they still need their parents' financial help, continued guidance, etc.

If you guys were older & she still really wants to date you AND be prepared to be disowned by her dad/parents, hardly see them if ever, etc., then that would be her business & up to her AND of course this isn't a one-sided thing. YOU as well have the equal power to always choose not to get involved if you don't want to go through all this trouble. Again, this is if you were older.

The thing is, even if you two never get back together, she's bound to probably like another Black guy in the future, then what's her parents going to do?! They either get used to it OR she breaks ties with them.

If the two of you really want to get together, make an agreement to each do your own things for now, finishing up high school, going to college, graduating, etc., THEN, see how the two of you feel when her parents are less involved in every little thing she does.

You two can ALWAYS remain friends for life...her parents don't have to know all that. Once she's living on her own, what can they do? They can't write tap every phone call, sneak & look around every corner, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships