Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson22 View Post
I wanted to hangout with my friends, plain and simple, but I didn't think about her feelings. But, I changed and wherever this girl went, I wouldn't be. I get it that once trust is broken, its hard to get back, but when I flirted with her, she didn't even want to date me at the time. Ive done everything and even told this girl that i was done being friends with her. She said its easy to trust me most days, but painfully hard other days. She loves the love we share for one another, but sometimes its too much bc she thinks about the past and can't get it out of her head. I really want to be with her, but idk if theres any hope. Maybe it is better if we move on.
Ok, so you lied to your girlfriend so you could be at a party with flirty girly.

You bomb on the flirty girly and now your girlfriend doesn't want you.

Sounds like you made your bed.

Goodnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 10:46 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,550 times
Quote:
So, my ex girlfriend and i were dating for over 3 years...
Quote:
Before we started dating, i flirted with this girl on Facebook that was a friend in my group of friends. A couple months later, she had a party at her house with all my of my friends invited, which i why i went, but i lied to my girlfriend about it and didn't tell her I was going...
The timeline you describe does not make sense. You have been dating for over 3 years, but the lie occurred only 2 months after you started dating. Either your not telling us something or your ex girl friend is crazy.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:51 AM

41 posts, read 24,995 times
yeah i agree. I wasn't truthful but she told me she forgave me a long time ago, but still doesn't mean i don't have insecurities sometimes.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:56 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
Before we started dating, i flirted with this girl on Facebook that was a friend in my group of friends. A couple months later, she had a party at her house with all my of my friends invited, which i why i went, but i lied to my girlfriend about it and didn't tell her I was going. This girl has a flirty personality and she made my girlfriend uncomfortable. But fact is i broke her trust bc I lied to her. So, it seemed sketchy to her. Yeah we've been back and forth so many times, right now, I feel like she doesn't want to lose me, she wants me to be there for her still, but can't trust me, therefore can't be in a relationship. Maybe if i let her go, shell have time to think about it, and she can learn to trust me?
So....This "girl" situation happened 2 months into dating your current on/off again girlfriend??? So, in other words, your whole relationship has been in conflict since couple months in? And, how long has your relationship been going on??
That is way to much drama for a couple just starting to date imo
I'd say end it....smoothly, cleanly...now...while you can both be nice to each other. Move on.
You don't stick it out in this type situation unless you are married, have little kids and a mortgage.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
The timeline you describe does not make sense. You have been dating for over 3 years, but the lie occurred only 2 months after you started dating. Either your not telling us something or your ex girl friend is crazy.

The lied occurred 2 months after wet started dating, but she found those messages a year later. I am sorry, i was not clear on that. But those messages were from before we started dating. But i think she just put two and two together, so she got upset then too.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
"lets just be friends for now" translates from womanese to "i need you to remain close to me, while i explore other options, and if those options arent an upgrade, i will be right back with you". Dont be an AFC. Tell her " sorry but i have enough of friends already. You can be with me or we can move on with our lives." Thats how you communicate to a woman that you have balls and know what you want. Not by playing along with her manipulative stupid games. Hope this helps.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
"lets just be friends for now" translates from womanese to "i need you to remain close to me, while i explore other options, and if those options arent an upgrade, i will be right back with you". Dont be an AFC. Tell her " sorry but i have enough of friends already. You can be with me or we can move on with our lives." Thats how you communicate to a woman that you have balls and know what you want. Not by playing along with her manipulative stupid games. Hope this helps.
She truly loves me. She would never keep me in her life, if she was talking to someone else or looking for other options. But, I do think she wants to have the best of both worlds. She wants me to be there for her, even though we are not together. But, you're right, i need to give her an ultimatum.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
She truly loves me. She would never keep me in her life, if she was talking to someone else or looking for other options. But, I do think she wants to have the best of both worlds. She wants me to be there for her, even though we are not together. But, you're right, i need to give her an ultimatum.
You would be surprised man. There is no such thing as a woman taken. Learn it and observe it, and remember those words. And yes, man up and stand your ground. She will respect you for it.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You would be surprised man. There is no such thing as a woman taken. Learn it and observe it, and remember those words. And yes, man up and stand your ground. She will respect you for it.
Yes, i think you're right. I always go along with whatever she does because i think having her in my life is better than nothing, but i think shell re think everything when i say this "I can't be just friends with you, I want a relationship with you, we've been back and forth for too long. I know what I want and that's all of you. Sometimes there is no middle ground where both people get to be happy. You might be ok just being friends for now, but I'm not." what do you think?

Old 06-29-2015, 03:21 PM

i dont think you really have to explain yourself. Just say what i told you. You can be genuine, but to the point. Say something like " I care about you, and want you in my life, but i have enough of friends as it is. Its either we are together or we arent, case closed" Bad sign for you, is that she is willing to be friends at this point in time. What this means, is that she is ok with losing you, should another woman, ready for a relationship come around. That means she doesnt want you as badly as you think she does. A woman who loves and respects her man, will never put herself in a position to lose him to another. Trust me, this isnt only my opinion, these are facts observed in millions of instances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships