Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 10:30 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Adele has an attractive face, Melissa McCarthy? No way... sorry
They both have pretty faces, but Melissa McCarthy is much heavier than Adele, therefore it's a little harder to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 10:33 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Seriously though, I'd venture to say that pretty much everyone has had someone think they weren't good-looking. I sure have! People have their own perceptions of what is and isn't beautiful.
And I'm sure a lot of us are our own worst critics.

I know I'm not everyone's taste. My nose is too long, my jaw is too weak (I have to remember to hold my head a certain way in photos or I look like Jabba the Hut), my face is too soft, one of my eyes is slightly larger than the other (note to self: squint the left eye a bit in pictures), and I'm forever battling 15 pounds and will NEVER have a nice, flat stomach. I could be 105 pounds at 5'5" and my stomach will be where I carry my weight. However, I wear contacts because glasses look terrible on me. I color my hair because Clairol is $7.99. I have a great rack and decent shoulders so I wear clothes that emphasize the upper part of my torso while minimizing the center (v-necks and tops and dresses with shirring in the middle). I have no arse to speak of but I have long legs, so I play those up with the right jeans (dark indigo boot cut with boots or skinnies with ballet flats). I walk 5-7 miles a day in the good weather, in addition to working with weights and doing cardio-kickboxing 3-4 times per week.

In short, I put effort in and I walk around like I care, and that makes up for physical flaws.

/end rant, hallelujah, where's the Tylenol?

Old 06-30-2015, 10:33 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,412,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Exactly, so far 3 women (Cameron Diaz, Tori Spelling, and SJP) who are considered by Hollywood standards to be very attractive, have been called unattractive by some on these boards....yet they can probably have any man they want, I mean for goodness sake Cameron Diaz dated Justin Timberlake!
Cameron Diaz is (was) pretty hot when she was younger. The other two you mentioned are universally considered to be unattractive to VERY unattractive by the majority of men in the universe. In fact, I have NEVER heard of one guy to even think Tori Spelling or Sarah Jessica Parker as anything even remotely close to being even halfway kinda cute.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:38 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Cameron Diaz is (was) pretty hot when she was younger. The other two you mentioned are universally considered to be unattractive to VERY unattractive by the majority of men in the universe. In fact, I have NEVER heard of one guy to even think Tori Spelling or Sarah Jessica Parker as anything even remotely close to being even halfway kinda cute.
Yea but for some reason, I think if either one of these women was standing in front of any of these guys ready and willing, they'd take the bait. Also, Sarah Jessica Parker has played the role of very attractive women in the past (think "First Wives Club").

But again, this just goes to prove physical beauty is very subjective.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:38 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
Yup. Would I prefer to have a swan-like neck, square jawline, and a long elegant frame? Sure, but it ain't gonna happen and, consequently, those who prefer those features will not find me attractive, however objectively cute others may find me. No biggie; I work with what I've got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

ETA: And even if someone is a total knock-out in the looks department, that still doesn't mean they're going to everyone's cup of tea. We all aspire to be the "whole package", but there really is no such thing because there will always be something that doesn't appeal to everyone. I've had guys who thought I was cute, but that's as far as it went because my personality wasn't their thing; some think I'm too aloof or nerdy, or didn't appreciate my brand of humor. Different strokes.

I know I'm not everyone's taste. My nose is too long, my jaw is too weak (I have to remember to hold my head a certain way in photos or I look like Jabba the Hut), my face is too soft, one of my eyes is slightly larger than the other (note to self: squint the left eye a bit in pictures), and I'm forever battling 15 pounds and will NEVER have a nice, flat stomach. I could be 105 pounds at 5'5" and my stomach will be where I carry my weight. However, I wear contacts because glasses look terrible on me. I color my hair because Clairol is $7.99. I have a great rack and decent shoulders so I wear clothes that emphasize the upper part of my torso while minimizing the center (v-necks and tops and dresses with shirring in the middle). I have no arse to speak of but I have long legs, so I play those up with the right jeans (dark indigo boot cut with boots or skinnies with ballet flats). I walk 5-7 miles a day in the good weather, in addition to working with weights and doing cardio-kickboxing 3-4 times per week.

In short, I put effort in and I walk around like I care, and that makes up for physical flaws.

/end rant, hallelujah, where's the Tylenol

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 06-30-2015 at 11:22 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 10:45 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

Well, during the 90s and Beverly Hills 90210 days, Tori was considered very pretty by many people.

As for SJP, I think she is gorgeous, but I'm a woman so..

Old 06-30-2015, 10:52 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,175 times
Quote:

/end rant, hallelujah, where's the Tylenol?

In pictures I look very different from right side to left side. My left is my good side.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:35 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,366,656 times
I never found Tori Spelling attractive, and SJP... nah, not for me.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:45 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
SJP and Tori Spelling are also great example of how looks will only get you so far in life. Think of the revolving door of beautiful young starlets disappear into obscurity after a small handful of projects. Both have had successful careers (SJP has an edge on TS, though) in an industry where longevity is the not the norm and appearances are heavily scrutinized, due to talent, professionalism, and likeability. It's the same deal in the dating world, where looks may initially spark an interest, but it's not enough to keep a mate. Unless the mate is exceptionally shallow.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Dude, enough with the pity-party. Really. It's bordering on narcissistic. I'm not saying this to attack you, but to make you aware that you are master of your look, as is the OP. I've read posts from you in the past in which you took exception to criticism, namely mine, of t-shirts and cargo shorts with ball caps as looking sloppy. Well, that's something you choose to wear. You choose your clothes, your weight, your hair (facial or otherwise), and your demeanor. I can't help but get the vibe that you just want to use your appearance, which you can control, as an excuse not to work on your demeanor.

Maybe one day you'll get tired of it, and of your own attitude. Maybe you won't. But I can guarantee that if you keep putting the "I'm so ugly" schtick out into the world, and onto this forum, sooner or later others will get tired of it. It's off-putting--more off-putting than cargo shorts, ball caps, and being out of shape could ever be.
Hey, you're right. I'm sure everyone's tired of me posting. So, I'll just stop posting.

Have a nice life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships