Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,678 times

Advertisements

I admit that I'm not all that pretty in the face: I have a big nose, boring brown eyes, too many freckles, etc. The only thing I have going for me in the face is that I don't have any major deformities.

However, my body isn't all that bad. I am thin with an hourglass figure.

I am wondering if dressing sexier, instead of just wearing jeans and a tee shirt, will help me attract high quality men. If my body is my best physical asset, I should put my best foot forward, right?

I read somewhere that a woman should reveal 40-50% of skin, but no more than that, because more than that conveys trashiness.

Do you think dressing sexier can make up for my face? I am trying to attract long term relationships, not short term.

(Images removed because I wasn't sure how to get them to link correctly)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 04:27 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Work on your personality....no amount of skin makes up for that.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:28 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Sometimes it can, sometimes it cant. Beauty is objective, even if we all know the difference between real attractive and real unattractive. The very top guys, shoot for women that have it all, face, body, personality, ambition etc etc. No different than super attractive women wanting a man that has it all.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
sure it can

Old 06-29-2015, 04:30 PM

61,728 posts, read 87,147,355 times
High quality men will look for other assets than a "pretty face", and hourglass figure. What else can you offer?
BTW: where you want to wear those "sexy dresses"?

Few thoughts about revealing clothes:
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundati...ealing-clothes

And what attracts men:
http://www.examiner.com/article/how-...than-you-think

Last edited by elnina; 06-29-2015 at 04:52 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 04:30 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
It couldn't for me (in a man). I'd have to look at his face way more often than his body. Sex can be done in the dark. Don't get me wrong. He wouldn't have to be gorgeous. I'd just have to be attracted to him, and if his personality stinks then it wouldn't matter anyway.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
In the end I believe that who you are not how you appear is the most important for long term love and sharing of your life.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Oh yeah, you won't have a problem attracting men.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
You can wear nice outfits. But you wanna try not to get carried away with provocative dress, because then you will attract alot horndogs, men you naturally want the body you're flaunting, but not necessarily you.

A girl I know is very confident in her looks. She says she likes dressing to show her body off, but then comments the only men she meets tend to just want sex. And they either dump her when they don't get it soon enough-within a few dates. Or keep coming back for sex once they do get it, but they still don't want "her." Just her body. She's only ever had 1 boyfriend. Then the next guy she was with for 2 years treated her like a free hooker. So she attracts tons of dogs.

Wear nice clothes that compliment and enhance your figure. But try not to expose too much.

And your face probably isn't that bad. You could try more make-up. Different hair-styles that will work. Some women work better with hair that frames their face. It's best to look as good as you can everywhere. Buy nice clothes that you feel you look good in, fix up your hair, and try some nice make-up, it can work wonders. You see some celebrities without make-up and some of them look like a mess. I would say going with eye make-up, blush and lipstick. Because unless you have bad skin, I don't think you'd need any foundations or concealer or anything.

But, even if you're hot as hell, there has to be more to you. You need to have good hobbies, passions, and be open to new things. After all, nobody wants a boring partner. Engage in things that interest you, but try some new things as well and constantly expand yourself. Then you can draw in decent men with looks, but your personality will want to make them see more of you.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:45 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Thin with an hour glass most definitely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships