Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 08:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

At my job there are tons of mothers that come in ugly as hell but have very hot husbands.

There is a will there is a way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 08:17 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
Yep it's called butterface and I see plenty of those walking around with a man in tow. The opposite--is when you see a girl with a pretty face but a spongebob body and yes they get men too lol. Some men like body better than face, others like face better than body. Some like curvy thin, others like curvy plus-size. Some men like a$$ others like big breasts. Some like long legs--I mean I could go on and on. My point? That if you try to base whether or not you can get a man on your body alone you'll hear too many opinions, and you'll still be stuck at square one. Every man is different. You can't try to cater to every man. But you can most definitely "work up" your good points and show those off. If you believe that all you have going for you is your body then yes you can dress sexy. I'm not sure if that will attract LTR or men that just want to f*** but surely you'll attract someone. Or you can just work on emphasizing the qualities about you that make you a *keeper beyond just your body. Your personality, hobbies, what makes you different from other women, etc. That doesn't mean that you still shouldn't emphasize your body--because I do think that if you have a good body that this is definitely something that you can use as an advantage, but I do think that your "body" alone isn't going to be enough. There are plenty of unattractive women with men, or women with crappy bodies with men--I'm assuming that you don't just want "any" man but that you want a certain type. Someone that will treat you right, complement you, support you, love you, like the way you look, etc--if you want a man like that it starts with you. You have to love yourself and that means that you should never start off a post admitting that you don't like the way your face looks.

But to answer your question, yes for some guys having a good body is all you need. For others no. Most people are average looking, so even if you aren't all that pretty like you claim, there are plenty of people in the same boat. They all somehow end up in relationships.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:20 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,239 times
If you're thin with gigantic boobs guys will like you. Guys dream about having a woman with a hot body like Pam Anderson. Wear more flattering makeup and don't wear clothes that make you look dowdy, lots of busty women look fat in loose flowing outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman110 View Post
A nice body will only get you so far. How's your personality? Are you pleasant to be around? Do you work? If you're mean to people men won't date you.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:53 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
My theory of attractiveness is that people place the greatest emphasis on someone's weakest trait. So if you have a 10 body and 2 face, they are not going to average it out and consider you a 6, they will probably consider you about a 3.5. But some men place much greater emphasis on the body then the face, look for one of those men.
I'm one of those many guys. Everywhere you see a lot of pretty faces but rarely see any nice bodies.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:38 PM

412 posts, read 545,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherInLeather View Post
I admit that I'm not all that pretty in the face: I have a big nose, boring brown eyes, too many freckles, etc. The only thing I have going for me in the face is that I don't have any major deformities.
Why are brown eyes boring? I think they're pretty.

Quote:
If you're thin with gigantic boobs guys will like you. Guys dream about having a woman with a hot body like Pam Anderson. Wear more flattering makeup and don't wear clothes that make you look dowdy, lots of busty women look fat in loose flowing outfits.
I'm not a guy, but I don't think Pam's body is great at all. And I don't know any guys that like her.

OP look at Fergie. She's a buttaface with a nice bod and has a very yummy man.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
body is not what you see now, if you want to see what she will look like in 10 years go look at her mother.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:49 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,733 times
Actually it can, there are way more visual attraction ques below the neck than above it. which is a good thing because we have way more control over how our bodies look than how our faces look. I remember a study back in the 90's where people were asked to choose between their idea of an ideal face on an unapealing body or their idea of the perfect body with an un attractive face for a partner, 78% of the men and 53% of the women chose the latter.

also of note, the range of body sizes both men and women found appealing were slim to medium but universally women preferred builds where the men had a 70 degree angle from the smallest point on their waist to the broadest point of their shoulders and men preferred builds where the women had a 70 degree angle from the smallest point on their waist to the broadest point of their hips, and that was constant no matter what size was preferred by either sex.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:42 AM

745 posts, read 801,042 times
The answer is no. Google "hammerhead girl". Hot, tight bod, fugly face. Don't think I could

Old 06-30-2015, 06:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
At my job there are tons of mothers that come in ugly as hell but have very hot husbands.

There is a will there is a way.
They might have been nice looking at one point.

That's why you should always do your best to stay attractive for your spouse.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:22 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Sarah Jessica Parker or Tori Spelling are butter faces not Cameron Diez
Tori looked great IMO when she was younger. I think she's had too much work done - she's not that old either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Omg, you did not just call Carrie Bradshaw a butter face!!! Lol
LOL

Carrie is pretty to me.

I wonder who some of you all consider facially beautiful. Fergie a butterface?? LOL

____

I have been both obese and fit, and I have gotten attention from men either way (God, that sounds conceited - not my intent ).

I do get MORE attention from men now that I'm fit. Much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships