Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 11:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

How often does she talk to her female friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
On what planet? I go to see bands with my friends, the beer tasting I was at Sunday was mostly women (with amazing taste, they brought most of the Hill Farmstead stuff), food, hiking, kayaking, biking... I can't think of anything where women don't have as much in common with dudes as other dudes, except maybe sports watching.
well you might be the gay dude exception...

I really am just kidding...

Are these girls you hang with in relationships?
Do you text each other at all hours of the night like the op suggested?

Im not saying men and women don't have enough in common platonically to have a friendship...I am saying there is not enough in common to have a platonic relationship where there is constant contact, almost an all encompassing "friendship" like the op is suggesting

I bet we would both agree that what is going on here is crossing boundries
She is 22, he is 29...THAT age difference and RANGE is rough as well,,,she is very young to be in a committed relationship, he is too old for typical young girl games...just a bad situation

Im gonna say if it were me, we are officially seeing other people...

Old 06-30-2015, 11:23 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
well you might be the gay dude exception...

I really am just kidding...

Are these girls you hang with in relationships?
Do you text each other at all hours of the night like the op suggested?

Im not saying men and women don't have enough in common platonically to have a friendship...I am saying there is not enough in common to have a platonic relationship where there is constant contact, almost an all encompassing "friendship" like the op is suggesting

I bet we would both agree that what is going on here is crossing boundries
She is 22, he is 29...THAT age difference and RANGE is rough as well,,,she is very young to be in a committed relationship, he is too old for typical young girl games...just a bad situation

Im gonna say if it were me, we are officially seeing other people...

Depends on the person. Some married, some dating, some single (the beer tasting had 4 dudes, 5 women, two married couples, 1 single women, one dating, not sure on the other woman (just met her a few times)... not sure on the other dude, I just met them him night). They're all over the place. Like any other social group. Doesn't really make a difference.

Some people I text late at night, others not at all. Dude or girl. These things vary over time, but yeah, there are female platonic friends of mine where I've had nearly daily contact (or several times a week) with over 5+ years. Whatever.

I don't really care about the OPs plight, I'm talking in general, because 29/22 is just a huge difference. It won't last anyway.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:00 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You feel how you feel, There is no "should"

Examine "why" you feel this way not how you "should" feel.
You won't find your answers asking others how you "should be"

Their reality is not your own, all you will get is their own personal bias and theory....all of which "assume"

It is up to you to understand for yourself what "your" truth and feeling is.

Follow you gut and best wishes

Old 06-30-2015, 12:23 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
men are friends with women because they want to bang them, their friends, or have banged them and want to again

yes I know, this is not true of 100% of the men, there are gay men, and men who think they are evolved and don't objectify women (they might be gay as well)

and I have to question why SHE has a male best friend...does she like knowing he wants her and she can string him along, at her beck and call (I have seen this plenty of times, the groveling pitiful dude who will never get the prize, yet remains a faithful and loyal servant)

or is he her plan b or c...she likes him, but you are currently still a suitable partner, but she wants all her bases covered

maybe she is undecided...she wants to see if her new pal is a suitable replacement for you...you don't sell your car before acquiring a new one, silly

men and women just don't have that much in common, sorry...
That is so sexist.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
That is so sexist.
you forgot misogynist as well...if you don't agree attach an ist to them...works every time...

Im not talking about boys and girls in a social group who have known each other for a while, got into the group via someone already in the group...young people seem to date this way...

Im talking about a dude she met at work and 2 months later he hung the moon, but they are just friends...honestly tell me what you think his intentions are??
Yes we cant POSSIBLY KNOW....but if we based every course of action on things we KNOW, we wouldn't do squat...we base our course of direction on knowledge, EXPERIENCE (wisdom)and a whole lot of educated guessing...I think its pretty safe to say most women who have a male best friend who is straight, if they haven't hooked up already, he SO would if she gave him the SLIGHTEST inclination...

now what ist am I??
genderist sounds cool

Old 06-30-2015, 01:21 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
you forgot misogynist as well...if you don't agree attach an ist to them...works every time...

Im not talking about boys and girls in a social group who have known each other for a while, got into the group via someone already in the group...young people seem to date this way...

Im talking about a dude she met at work and 2 months later he hung the moon, but they are just friends...honestly tell me what you think his intentions are??
Yes we cant POSSIBLY KNOW....but if we based every course of action on things we KNOW, we wouldn't do squat...we base our course of direction on knowledge, EXPERIENCE (wisdom)and a whole lot of educated guessing...I think its pretty safe to say most women who have a male best friend who is straight, if they haven't hooked up already, he SO would if she gave him the SLIGHTEST inclination...

now what ist am I??
genderist sounds cool
You typed men and women have nothing in common that much in common. Which is lie. I have met guys in bars and online.We are just friends and though out the friendship we saw other people. So far no problems .

Old 06-30-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You typed men and women have nothing in common that much in common. Which is lie. I have met guys in bars and online.We are just friends and though out the friendship we saw other people. So far no problems .
So...would ANY of these guys sleep with you if you invited them to??

Old 06-30-2015, 01:30 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
So...would ANY of these guys sleep with you if you invited them to??

What does that tell you?

I'm sure some of my female (and some of my male) friends would sleep with me if I wanted them to. That doesn't mean they're not really my friend; if that is what you are implying.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:38 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Big red flags. I have a super close female friend who has a boyfriend. We never send 10 snapchats or texts anywhere near that frequency. I think there is romantic tension with this friend definitely and I'll even make a leap and say they are having a emotional and/or sexual affair.
Quote:
They probably still want to get in your pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships