Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:35 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,593,305 times

Advertisements

There are 8.7 billion people on this planet. If it bothers you this much, that one of them is not available, you are doing it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 08:56 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,594,915 times
Depending on the situation, we either keep the conversation going like it's no big deal, or I politely bring the conversation to some sort of natural conclusion. In any case, I don't dwell on it and move on. No need to be rude or butthurt about it, that's immature.

For example, one time a few years ago a nice woman turned me down (she was already taken)...and then the conversation smoothly transitioned into a different subject (sports) and within 30 seconds we were poking fun at each other's favorite football teams. In the end, despite her already having a BF, we still enjoyed passing the time talking to each other.

OP, I don't know how old you are (you seem like you're in your teens or early 20s), but you have a long way to go maturity-wise. And you also need to drop the entitlement. There is a very good chance that any young woman you meet is already seeing someone. Depending on where you live, a majority of young adults may already be taken. Get used to it. You've got to learn how to handle yourself better when women tell you "no" (due to her being taken or just not interested in you)...because that's almost guaranteed to happen again & again & again. Let it roll off your back like it's no big deal, and move on.

Lastly, it's good to network, be personable and build a little rapport with all sorts of people...including women around your age that are in relationships. You might be introduced to her friends one day...and one of them just might be single and interested in you.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:30 PM

20,334 posts, read 14,558,111 times
I keep such people in my social network in whatever capacity I deem appropriate, for instance if they are a close friend and seeing a close friend, I remain friends with them both but act like the attraction just isn't a thing. And if they are more of an acquaintance and/or I don't know the SO, then I might keep them on social media but don't talk to them much. But I keep my eyes open for any future opportunities that may evolve, especially if the SO is not a friend of mine...

There was a guy I had the super-hots for (dude, he is a massage therapist, seriously...) and before I had a chance to really try for him, I found out he was seeing someone exclusively. He still tossed me a flirty/friendly message once, but I mentioned "I heard you're seeing someone" and had a nice convo with him online about that, and then went quiet. And now I'm basically keeping half an eye on him in case it doesn't work out, but not investing any real longing or disappointment in it. Certainly I'm dating others. Getting the feels for someone I can't have, yeah, that's something I am trying not to do ever again. It stinks.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,429,333 times
You act like a person who actually "likes" that person and respect their choices.

if you absoulty cannot control this aspect of yourself, move yourself away from it until you can come to terms with what the reality of the situation is.

We create the world around us...don't allow yourself to make your world a personal hell.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,210,233 times
Depends on how serious their current relationship. If it's solid, I move on. But if it's on shaky ground or not particularly serious, I'd wait it out if I liked him enough.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,773,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Depends on how serious their current relationship. If it's solid, I move on. But if it's on shaky ground or not particularly serious, I'd wait it out if I liked him enough.
If its shaky move in for the kill.lol!

Old 06-30-2015, 07:17 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,210,233 times
It worked for me. I had it on good authority that things were hitting the skids with the Mr. and the girl he was seeing, so I lay in wait ready to pounce. She hit the road, and I swooped in before he knew what hit him. "There, there. I know, girls suck. I'm here if you need to talk about it. Say, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If its shaky move in for the kill.lol!

Old 06-30-2015, 07:19 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,638,209 times
Cut contact. Be cordial if you are forced to interact with her but the less you see of her, the faster you'll get over her.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,773,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It worked for me. I had it on good authority that things were hitting the skids with the Mr. and the girl he was seeing, so I lay in wait ready to pounce. She hit the road, and I swooped in before he knew what hit him. "There, there. I know, girls suck. I'm here if you need to talk about it. Say, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
Rotflmao!!!

Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,292,853 times
If it's shaky move in for the kill? Ok, yeah, don't listen to these women, OP. There's a ton of single available women in the world, and there's no need to compromise your integrity over some silly tail that's taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships