Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:29 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times

Advertisements

Go get the $500 another way, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 09:30 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Define "high-maintenance."

Are you talking about physical maintenance--hitting the gym, doing hair and nails, wearing make-up, and looking pulled together?

Or are you talking about being emotionally high-maintenance--needing a lot of time together, leaning on you for support, etc?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:55 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
I used to be referred to as "high maintenance". I was not stuck up. If I was perceived as such it is because I was either having a depressing day and didn't want a strange man bothering me and trying to hit on me or because I was have a great day and didn't want a strange man bothering me and trying to hit on me....or I could have been approached by a person in a mall doing one of those ridiculous surveys.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:49 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I used to be referred to as "high maintenance". I was not stuck up. If I was perceived as such it is because I was either having a depressing day and didn't want a strange man bothering me and trying to hit on me or because I was have a great day and didn't want a strange man bothering me and trying to hit on me....or I could have been approached by a person in a mall doing one of those ridiculous surveys.
Hate to break it to you but your behavior in those situations is the textbook definition of "stuck up". Certainly to the 'strange man' bothering you. I'm not sure why its ok to own the "high maintenance" label but to then be shy about owning ones stuckupitiness. Neither condition is that highly thought of.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:01 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
High maintenance and stuck up are two different character traits that have nothing to do with each other. You might be one but not the other. You might be both. You might be neither.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:05 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
I work with an obnoxious, unattractive, obese woman who is both high maintenance and stuck up...I guess back in the day, decades ago, she was hot for a brief moment, therefore all men must bow before her past greatness...

she is 46 and single...no prospects...imagine that...and we all have to listen to her complain about stupid men not recognizing all she has to offer...ugh...I guess we can look at her and be grateful for what we have

why would anyone want a high maintenance woman...she might look a little better, but I guarantee you she has no magical bedroom skills...and because of her awesomeness, you will always be giving more, taking less...always...I cant imagine a more pitiful existence than trying to please some high maintenance ungrateful diva...

Old 06-30-2015, 11:25 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I work with an obnoxious, unattractive, obese woman who is both high maintenance and stuck up...I guess back in the day, decades ago, she was hot for a brief moment, therefore all men must bow before her past greatness...

she is 46 and single...no prospects...imagine that...and we all have to listen to her complain about stupid men not recognizing all she has to offer...ugh...I guess we can look at her and be grateful for what we have

why would anyone want a high maintenance woman...she might look a little better, but I guarantee you she has no magical bedroom skills...and because of her awesomeness, you will always be giving more, taking less...always...I cant imagine a more pitiful existence than trying to please some high maintenance ungrateful diva...
What kind of place do you work in, that people (or--person) feel it's ok to blather on about their personal problems? Sounds awful.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:26 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Any one had a story or success in meeting a high maintenance woman that not stuck up?
Do you maintain yourself highly, OP? Would you be attractive to the kind of woman you seek?

Old 06-30-2015, 11:31 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Any one had a story or success in meeting a high maintenance woman that not stuck up?
In other words, pretty women won't give you the time of day, so you resort to name calling. I can't help wonder why a catch like you, isn't already taken?

Old 06-30-2015, 11:47 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Hate to break it to you but your behavior in those situations is the textbook definition of "stuck up". Certainly to the 'strange man' bothering you. I'm not sure why its ok to own the "high maintenance" label but to then be shy about owning ones stuckupitiness. Neither condition is that highly thought of.
What???? I have no idea what "textbook" you are drawing your information from, however, unless you were with me when those situations occurred you have no idea of what interactions took place and cannot really call me "stuck up" unless you were there and/or I gave you more info. And quite frankly, you don't know me at all as far as my personality is concerned. I have often been told that I am extremely friendly. I just don't like to go to the grocery store, library or other places and have men I do not know follow me around and/or approach me and assume I am equally interested in them. Does that make me "stuck up?" I guess if you read it in a "textbook", oh gee, then well maybe it does.

(And, btw....the "high maintenance" I was referring to was something my ex used to say I was because I would get my hair colored by a professional two or three times a year, and bought way too many second hand clothes--over 10 years ago!) And what the heck does "high maintenance" have to do with someone being "stuck up"?
Keep reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships