Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 08:57 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Greenlee View Post
By looking.
I'm 43 and while no one would confuse me for 22, I've also never had anyone guess my age any closer than 8 years younger than I am. You really can't tell by looking at women how old they are. 20s and 30s blend together, so do 30s and 40s and so on.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
So, you're suggesting that there's no notable physical differences between a woman in her 20s and a woman in her early 40s? I see.

I'm too old for flame wars. Can we steer this discussion in a different direction or has this thread run its course?
I didn't say no notable physical differences - but not enough that a 27 year old would still be attractive to you but that same woman at 40 would not - unless she has really let herself go. I would add that many of my friends are performers like me - so most of us are in pretty good shape. And a lot of my friends that aren't performers are also very active. I can see a big difference with some people - like some of my high school friends on Facebook - but for the most part, I would have a hard time believing that a 42 year old would find all women in their late 30's to early 40's simply unattractive. And like another poster - I would say that the difference in people from their 20's to 30's or 30's to 40's isn't that noticeable. Yes, the difference between a person at 22 and 49 is probably going to be noticeable - but I have a hard time gauging how old people are these days. It surprises me that you can tell precisely how old women are just by looking at them.

But my point isn't that you need to be attracted to women that you aren't attracted to - merely that this might create a problem for you. I'm not saying that there is a solution - just that it's going to make things more difficult if you aren't attracted to women that you have more in common with.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:34 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Quote:
I think that disconnect exists on societal level not just in my mind(see discussion on millennials.)

I'm glad you're still looking hot. And you seem pretty cool, so double bonus. As someone in his 40s, I know it takes work to maintain just a little of that youthfulness we had a decade ago. It's so easy just to get done with work and plop on the couch. It takes real effort to hit the gym or go for a run, eat healthy etc. One thing I will credit those 20 somethings I've dated with; they've motivated me to stay fit.
Well I never said I was hot. I said I look young.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:53 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Well I never said I was hot. I said I look young.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:57 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
Nope. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:42 PM

132 posts, read 106,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I didn't say no notable physical differences - but not enough that a 27 year old would still be attractive to you but that same woman at 40 would not - unless she has really let herself go.
I think we'll just have to disagree on this.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
I think we'll just have to disagree on this.
That's fine. But then things are probably going to be fairly difficult for you. I'm not blaming you or saying that it's your fault - but I'm not sure how you are going to have a long relationship with someone if you don't find women attractive past the age of 33 or so. I know you said that physical attraction becomes less important to you - but I guess it's hard for me to understand how that would work.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:17 PM

132 posts, read 106,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
That's fine. But then things are probably going to be fairly difficult for you. I'm not blaming you or saying that it's your fault - but I'm not sure how you are going to have a long relationship with someone if you don't find women attractive past the age of 33 or so. I know you said that physical attraction becomes less important to you - but I guess it's hard for me to understand how that would work.
Well, to repeat what I said earlier, the importance of physical attraction diminishes as the love between two people grows. But physical attraction is very important, crucial even for that initial stage of the relationship. A person's beauty changes and becomes deeper when it's viewed through the eyes of a loved one. At least that's what my dad says.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Well, you're on page 15 now. Welcome! Hopefully you'll take the time to read over a few more of my posts so that you can have a better idea of my position before making assumptions.
No assumptions have been made. I read enough.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:35 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
"I stopped reading at page 8." Busted.
No, not "busted". I read enough of your posts. You stated you were lonely, you can't find what you're looking for. You keep trying to pretend I didn't read anything, fact is, I read what you wrote quite clearly. I know it didn't change in 4 pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships