Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 06:05 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Welcome to the club. You're in good company here.

No, unfortunately, I don't have any advice. I can't find a guy I want to spend an evening with, let alone the rest of my life.

Why didn't you feel connected to your ex-wife or former fiance? What do you feel your relationships lacked?
what you just said reminded me of Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart when he was watching the neighbours in his backyard through their windows and there was a woman who was sitting at a table set for two on her own.. I hop;e you do find someone who will suit you...

Old 07-03-2015, 10:20 AM

615 posts, read 725,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, this is ridiculous. There are women out there who, like some men, are only beginning to hit the dating pool in their late 30's, because of an extended higher-education process, then spending years building a career.

This is nonsense. I can't think of an example of a woman who chose to forego dating in her 20s and 30s.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:05 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
This is nonsense. I can't think of an example of a woman who chose to forego dating in her 20s and 30s.
You'd be surprised how many college students and grad students don't date, for various reasons. And some people really have to hunker down and focus on their careers when they're first starting out. Aren't you just out of college, yourself? You're too young to know people like that.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Perhaps you skimmed through my post. It's a testimonial of a (former) younger wife (that would be me). It's also a bit of a cautionary tale.

I'm advising you to at least try look beyond YOURSELF and what it YOU want in order to give consideration to how YOUR choices in life (namely, being silly enough to think that age doesn't apply to you because you're a man. My ex-husband made the same mistake, bless his heart) can - and would - affect the younger wife you feel you deserve, and the children you're confident you'll be able to have and raise with the ease of a younger man.

Those young women you're targeting have hopes and dreams and interests and desires of their own, you know? They deserve more than to be simply the mother of the children of an older man. They deserve more than to be living "proof" of his attractiveness, virility, and enduring youth and fertility. They deserve real partners in life, in men with compatible interests, hopes and dreams. And similar energy and patience levels. They shouldn't have to pay for the poor life choices (and hubris) of older men.Think about that. Really think about that.
Best post ever about this issue! I'm so tired of these older men using all kinds of excuses to go after younger women.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:46 PM

491 posts, read 402,375 times
Quote:

Those young women you're targeting have hopes and dreams and interests and desires of their own, you know? They deserve more than to be simply the mother of the children of an older man. They deserve more than to be living "proof" of his attractiveness, virility, and enduring youth and fertility. They deserve real partners in life, in men with compatible interests, hopes and dreams. And similar energy and patience levels. They shouldn't have to pay for the poor life choices (and hubris) of older men.Think about that. Really think about that.
/thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:08 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Best post ever about this issue! I'm so tired of these older men using all kinds of excuses to go after younger women.
Most women are not open to date men who are decades older than them nowadays.
Op is already in his forties, he dislikes younger generation who he dates and divorced.
Not a catch for female in twenties who can get a better deal.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:32 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Most women are not open to date men who are decades older than them nowadays.
Op is already in his forties, he dislikes younger generation who he dates and divorced.
Not a catch for female in twenties who can get a better deal.
Exactly. When I was in my 20s I was often approached by these men. I knew what they were up to and it was creepy. My dad used to yell at them to leave me alone.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:39 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Greenlee View Post
And the brand new parachute could be poorly packed or defective. I'll use the tried and true one. When I reach earth I'll inspect the new parachute and if it proves to be of good quality I'll trust it for my future jumps. But I'll strap on my old parachute as a backup, just in case the new one fails in mid-air. I've had new shutes fail before, so I'll remain cautious.
Again, you made a bad analogy. Choosing the wrong partner doesn't equal death. Apples and bananas.

I'm not sure you understand that your need to put family first is the reason you probably can't keep a relationship alive. If you don't change that, you will always fail, especially with a younger woman.

If you're happy to be old and alone, you have all you'll ever need. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Well, since he is dating young women in their 20's - it doesn't seem like that is the issue. The issue is that he isn't happy with them because he isn't connecting with them on a deeper level. The thing is - people can't always control who they are attracted to. He says he isn't attracted to anyone in their 30's or so - which kind of makes me think that this is an emotional issue of him wanting to feel younger as opposed to a pure attraction issue. But I could be wrong. It just seems that if it was only an attraction issue and not an age issue - there would have been a few women older than their 20's thrown into the mix because it's pretty hard to tell if someone is 27 or 31. An emotional issue is something you can work on. An attraction issue - I'm not so sure about. And nobody wants someone to date them even though they aren't attracted to them simply because they are trying to expand their search parameters. I'd hate to be the 33 year old that finds out that I'm not what this guy is looking for but he's just going out with me because he's willing to give me a shot at making him attracted to me.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:04 PM

615 posts, read 725,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd be surprised how many college students and grad students don't date, for various reasons.
The only reason someone wouldn't date for a long period of time is because they don't have the options that they'd like to have. I'm sure a lot of them try to justify it by saying they're too busy.

Only on CityData do I hear about a mythical land where there are tons of hot women who are working 100 hrs/week in lucrative careers and don't have time for any guys and the guys they would date (if they had time) would be interesting and non necessarily good-looking or rich. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships