Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 09:42 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
Id wager the men being attracted to obese woman being vastly inferior to men not being attracted to obese women.

You can safely say that most men are attracted to this

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...rina-shayk.jpg

And most men are not attracted to this

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hkxFVjmrasY/hqdefault.jpg
Sure - but what does it matter? If the second woman finds someone who loves her and attracted to her - then does it matter that most men are more attracted to the first woman?

And I'm not sure what you mean about the men being vastly inferior? I mean, in the case of my grandfather - he was a jerk so I'm not going to argue about his inferiority or superiority but inferior or superior in what respect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 09:42 AM

358 posts, read 228,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Yeah, i'm wondering at this point what the hell the point of this is...
Im wondering if people can read......

I am wanting obese men to weigh in on what type women they find attractive and what is their dating game plan.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Sure - but what does it matter? If the second woman finds someone who loves her and attracted to her - then does it matter that most men are more attracted to the first woman?

And I'm not sure what you mean about the men being vastly inferior? I mean, in the case of my grandfather - he was a jerk so I'm not going to argue about his inferiority or superiority but inferior or superior in what respect?
Or maybe that woman simply has a guy who is with her because that is all he can get? Possibility.

When I said inferior it was strictly in reference to numerical value. ie 9 men say first girl is attractive. 1 man says second girl is attractive. Has nothing to do with personal self worth.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:48 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Quote:
I am normal size, ie 5'10 185 pounds.
No, you're not. You're 12 pounds overweight.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Quote:
I am normal size, ie 5'10 185 pounds. Slightly thicker build I suppose.

But, for guys who are very obese, what is their approach or mindset on dating women?

Take what you can get, regardless of size?

Go for an ugly in the face normal sized woman?

Just curious of the game plan and thoughts.
Well, I'm not obese. I consider myself subjectively average @5'11" 155 lbs. But my mindset is to date whoever I'm attracted to. Ive dated chubby to very petite and in between, from below average to extremely gorgeous faces. Youre going to find most guys (like myself) like a variety of sizes and faces, regardless of their own weight.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Or maybe that woman simply has a guy who is with her because that is all he can get? Possibility.

When I said inferior it was strictly in reference to numerical value. ie 9 men say first girl is attractive. 1 man says second girl is attractive. Has nothing to do with personal self worth.
Ah yes. The good old numerical system.

If people are happy with their partners - why does it matter to you? It seems you just want to hear that the only men that are with obese women are with them not because they are attracted to them but because they can't do any better. First of all - there are men that are attracted to big women. Secondly, there are obese women that are still attractive and are great people, too. Is it harder for obese women - sure. Do I know a lot of single obese women who have had very few relationships? Yes. I also know obese women that are happily married.

I still don't see why any of this matters.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:56 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,564,891 times
Quote:
Im wondering if people can read......

I am wanting obese men to weigh in on what type women they find attractive and what is their dating game plan.
I see what you did there.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Ah yes. The good old numerical system.

If people are happy with their partners - why does it matter to you? It seems you just want to hear that the only men that are with obese women are with them not because they are attracted to them but because they can't do any better. First of all - there are men that are attracted to big women. Secondly, there are obese women that are still attractive and are great people, too. Is it harder for obese women - sure. Do I know a lot of single obese women who have had very few relationships? Yes. I also know obese women that are happily married.

I still don't see why any of this matters.
Didnt your father ever teach you about assuming?

Of course there are men attracted to obese women. (id wager these make up a small % of the population)

Ive personally never seen an attractive obese woman. A woman that does not take care of her body / health is not attractive to me and most men I know.

A woman's appearance has nothing to do with her as a person ie great person or bad person.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I see what you did there.
Oh God. Almost died laughing. That was not planned hahaha

Old 07-01-2015, 10:01 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,796,681 times
Quote:
Always wondered this.

I am average size, and could never date or sleep with a large woman. They just turn me off sexually. Nothing wrong for the people who are turned on by it.

If by chance I became really fat and attractive normal size women stop entertaining me, I am wondering what I would do and how my mindset would change. How would I cope with this?
Are you planning on gaining a large amount of weight in the near future?

Or are you just starting a thread solely based on a totally hypothetical situation, that has a very slight chance of happening?

Anyway, in answer to your question (and forgive me if someone else has already said this, since I didn't bother to read the whole thread), lots of average sized woman don't mind extra weight on a man, but you'd probably stop getting all those "10"s you speak of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships