Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 11:19 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Being direct can be sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 06:03 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
The effectiveness of acting like that depends on your net worth.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:20 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair Pie Hunter View Post
I'm very blunt!

Give me a few drinks and I will do almost anything.
Lmao I just realized your poster name!

Old 07-04-2015, 06:46 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
No reason to be blunt. You're clearly wasting your time on this woman. She's not interested. Don't contact her anymore. If she does contact you, ignore her.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:01 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Completely. Rather know if they want to or not from the jump rather than pus$ y foot. I trained myself never ti be in the friend zone so I stay blunt.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:24 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
There's a time to be blunt and a time to exercise restraint. Knowing when to play each card, along with having a good sense of humor, empathy, and some charisma will get you so much father with the opposite sex than material status.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:40 PM

37 posts, read 30,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
If you think a girl is just leading you on, do you call her out on it? If so, do you just say whatever is in your head at the moment, or do you do it in a subtle way? I met this girl about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to get a first hang out from her. First time I texted her, she responds 2 days later. I responded back the same day, with a question in my response. She responds back a WEEK later saying she was sick and got busy blah blah blah, and didn't even answer my question from the previous message. I don't believe any of that. She's probably not into me(that's what I'm getting out of it) so I figure I would just be blunt(in a nice kind of way) with her and say, "if we don't hang out within the next week, I'm going to assume you aren't interested", or something like that. No exactly those words.

So GUYS, how blunt are you with women? Especially when you know that there's no chance (based on her not being proactive about hanging out).
I did with a married woman who said she was divorced and also came onto me.....leading me on. When I made a move she trampled me and stomped me into the ground. I figured out I had been played and stole my pride and honor back with some force. I also humiliated this other Rico Suave Puerto Rican who was also engaged and sure didn't act like it competing with me and my efforts to get with her. Well, he chickened out and bailed when he found out who I was.....no supprize there. She turned out to be a mental basket case when I picked her brain long enough. Good riddance there actually, and I hope they both wreck each others marriages if they picked up where they left off after I was out of the picture.

Yeah, I'm pretty blunt when I find out people are toying with me!

Old 07-06-2015, 05:01 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
And I think most women would be offended that you automatically would think they play games.....but then again you did say you date 'girls'. ...not women.
When you toss a stone into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:35 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
I was and am...I didn't say insulting things or try to hurt feelings...we all know issues women are sensitive on

but when I felt a girl was playing me, or a buddy, I told her straight up
I met a lot of women in bars in early to mid 90's when I was single...and I had many many ask me "why haven't you bought me a drink" and I would tell them I wasn't interested in financing their night of drinking...thing was I bought plenty of women drinks, just not the ones flirting JUST for free drinks...this is just one example

Old 07-06-2015, 07:52 AM

720 posts, read 500,923 times
I believe in being upfront and honest. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

That said, this isn't a to-be-blunt-or-not-to-be-blunt situation. Like ScarletG said, just ask her to do something specific, if she says no, you have your answer on whether she's interested. If she says she doesn't know or she has to see, fine, don't bring it up again. Let her do it, and she will if she's interested.

She might be a flake. She might just be a busy girl and isn't great with getting back with people. She might not be interested in getting in your pants. It's better to just find out early and not waste each other's time speculating. I understand people advising you take a hint, but you're gonna be in for a lot of premature happiness and disappointment if you spend your whole life analyzing hints. Because they might be hinting at anything at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships